I need thane advice

Started 30 Oct 2019
by Vidovidic
in Midgard
So i lvled a thane to 50 (dwarf) and did the epic quest and planning to do the SI neck quest next, but i wanted to know what items should i aim to get for my thane, are there any "must have" items from raids, if yes what are they, also i would like to know how important are quickness and dexterity for a untemplated thane should i worry about them now or should i prioritize something else. Where should i get a good weapon and shield and how much would all that cost. I would be grateful for any information you can provide me with since i feel kinda lost after being done with lvling.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 7:21 PM by Roto23
I'm not a Thane but I know their casting damage >> then their melee damage, so you want cap dex for casting speed
Wed 30 Oct 2019 7:58 PM by The Skies Asunder
Thane templates can be sort of tough since you need to cap 5 stats (Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Quickness, Piety), and 4 skills (Weapon, Shield, Parry, Stormcalling). Ideally you will cap them all, but if you can't cap them all then a few missing points in Constitution or Quickness are probably where I would skimp, if I had to. Dexterity will be your casting speed, and an increase to block/parry chance, plus shield attacks, so you will certainly want it capped. As for Items, the TG vest is likely used by most, for the 180 value heal proc. Past that I would assume most just use crafted shields, and armor. I am not entirely familiar with Mid weapons, but Dragonmight is probably a good choice if specced sword, for the str/con debuff.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 8:16 PM by Kurbsen
things you want.

1) Full cap template, cap everything, do not use that epic armor because its trash. Some items that you need are the dex/qui debuff crush 1hander, dragonstorm 2h, and the TG thane chest piece... then find some 58+ utility rog jewels.. then finally after SC get ablatives and heal procs.

2) when fighting, if its a 1v1.. open up with a numb to try and bait the enemy purge then immediately hit with your 1hander (if its the dex/qui debuff proc weapon). Then wait like 10-12 seconds to and slam them (if they used purge).. then run back for like 2 seconds and then start casting on them.. if youre meleeing them then shield swap between hits if possible. ( block enemy attack with shield then hit with your 2hander.)

3) if youre in 8v8, then open up fight by breaking speed with your dd's on the melee.. as thane youll probably be peeler.. you can peel/cast etc.

also big tip.. get static tempest as soon as you can.. that way you can slam someone, then use static on them and if it hits them it will remove their stun immunity so you can re slam. very strong ability for thane. Other RA's that are good are cast speed, mastery of block, purge2.. if solo dont worry about det too much, but if you plan on 8 manning.. get det9 purge2 and static temp first.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 10:13 PM by Vidovidic
Thank u all for your answers this helps a lot
Thu 31 Oct 2019 1:47 PM by Ardri
Vidovidic wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 10:13 PM
Thank u all for your answers this helps a lot

50sc, 42 shield, 34 hammer, 20 parry is best solo spec rather than 39hammer 6 parry. You lose 5 hammer (which maybe is 5dmg), but gain 7% parry chance which is big for solo'ing imo. It's like a somewhat free moparry 3+ RA.

As for where to cut on template, you don't need +stormcalling. For every +sc above 50, you get literally +1 dmg on the castable nuke. Almost worthless.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 7:31 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
My thanes spec atm at RR5
SC48
Shield 42
Hammer 37 keeping it comp 52.
Parry 19

I solo with him a lot, with these RAS purge 2, IP3, ST 1 that I focused on him first. When I group I go full caster speed with ofc parts of Purge det WP and ST1.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:55 AM by inoeth
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
Thu 31 Oct 2019 7:31 PM
SC48
Shield 42
Parry 19

I solo with him a lot, with these RAS purge 2, IP3, ST 1 that I focused on him first. When I group I go full caster speed with ofc parts of Purge det WP and ST1.

i played thane very much in the past and found it much better to invest in passives rather than IP and i even lowered hammer spec to 29 and put all the points into parry so you end up with 48 42 29 30 and you ganna be 1vs1 king
Fri 1 Nov 2019 2:47 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
inoeth wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:55 AM
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
SC48
Shield 42
Parry 19

i played thane very much in the past and found it much better to invest in passives rather than IP and i even lowered hammer spec to 29 and put all the points into parry so you end up with 48 42 29 30 and you ganna be 1vs1 king

Hammer all the way down to 29? Nice, hows your attack rate vs stealthers?
reason why i have Ip3 is mainly due to the fact that its rare i find 1v1s mostly its 1v3
Fri 1 Nov 2019 4:16 PM by inoeth
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 2:47 PM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:55 AM
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
SC48
Shield 42
Parry 19

Hammer all the way down to 29? Nice, hows your attack rate vs stealthers?
reason why i have Ip3 is mainly due to the fact that its rare i find 1v1s mostly its 1v3

Cant say how that workes here, i had 29 on uthgard1 where ws was a bit broken. You might test that here....
For soloing thane i like to have as high defense as possible... so 50% parry and 60% block, when you have that you should be able to take out at least one of your 1vs2-3 but with no downtime you know :p gotta say on uth1 there was chain lighting available so it was much easier to deal with more than one opponent.

My thane here is just rr4 and i have not soloed him very much.
So all my advice is without engagement
Sat 16 Nov 2019 9:32 AM by Noleran
The Thane spec depends a lot on your way to play/get grouped with.
If you run solo, you can go more parry and try to drop Weapon/SC.
If you run in Grps, you dont need parry that much. So go full SC (50), Shield (42) and Weapon (39).
If you run in Zergs/BGs same like Grps....
42 shield is always a must have (cause of slam for sure)

RAs very different too:
For solo you need ip2+, MoBx
For Grp you need Det9, castspeed (augdex-mota) to get rupts on range and moc to stay with rupts against hybrind/caster setups
For Zerg/BGs Castspeed and moc
Static1+ and purge3+ are always a must have

As Thane you have many great RAs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics