Yet again another healer paci RA advice thread

Started 29 Oct 2019
by bigne88
in Midgard
Greetings fellas!

I used to play bard on hib, but since my friends rerolled mid, I just finished my healer to keep going with the CCing and driving.

Though, I'm a bit lost with the few points I have to invest in RAs.

I rushed Purge2, Mcl1, lw1 and tireless, but than? Is serenity and MoF worth at low rank or there are more priorities like DI, moart, augdex and moc?

Thanks in advance for any imputs.

My spec is 38/38. Without mof I feel like specline CC are a bit clunky (aoe mezz in primis, wich can be a good thing to rupt, but not really that reliable CC whise).
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:29 PM by Roto23
I didn't like serienity. Its nice outta combat, but didnt help much in combat. I specced outta it
Your next RA's should be to trade levels of moArt and augDex upto level 5. You may stop at 4, Its ur call.
After that its peoples opinion. Since ur pac, moc 1 is good for clearing mez and rupting, but don't try to heal while moc1 is up. I went moc4.
DI is swesome and can be used as a third insta heal.
PR is awesome.
Purge 4or5 at higher RR
Tue 29 Oct 2019 3:36 PM by bigne88
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:29 PM
I didn't like serienity. Its nice outta combat, but didnt help much in combat. I specced outta it
Your next RA's should be to trade levels of moArt and augDex upto level 5. You may stop at 4, Its ur call.
After that its peoples opinion. Since ur pac, moc 1 is good for clearing mez and rupting, but don't try to heal while moc1 is up. I went moc4.
PR is awesome.
Purge 4or5 at higher RR

Thx m8 for fast anSwering and helpfull tips.
What about mof?

Also, any tips for a new paCi player?
Tue 29 Oct 2019 4:05 PM by Roto23
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 3:36 PM
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:29 PM
PR is awesome.
Purge 4or5 at higher RR

Thx m8 for fast anSwering and helpfull tips.
What about mof?

yes, be prepared to get blamed alot, especially if you PUG. People not even in ur grp may send u angry messages.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 5:30 PM by Ele
bigne88 wrote: What about mof?

I'm running a spec comparable to yours for quite some time now and I picked mof3 early on. WIth 4 points it is not that expensive and drops the resist rate of most of your ccs to something between 11,5% and 14,5% depending on the exact spell you are using. Another reason why I went mof3 is because it wasn't a huge investement as you need mof2 anyway for maxing out the resist rate of your single target mezz which is just lvl 43. Resist rate is capped at 10% for most of the spells.

As for tips for a new player:
Figure out if you are comfortable with driving or not. Driving allows you to land your instant ccs easier because you are, at least in frontal incs, the first in range.
Negative thing about driving: you might be focused right at the beginning by enemies ns/cc.
Positive aspect with driving: you get the possibility to decide if you want to inc right away or do another loop to get an advantage at positioning etc. or decide to not engage at all, and how to begin a fight, depending on available ras/instant. WIth several instants up you can risk to get rupted at the beginning of the fight and still gain the upper hand via dumping one or two instants into enemies main ccers. Without you need to hang back and wait for an opportunity to land cc.

Concerning heals: you are not the main healer of the group, and you can't carry the group on your own, although you have cc's and heals at your disposal. Yes, you can throw out your lvl 31 heal for like 520 hps healed really fast, but it is really costly. Trying to save a skald or zerker who dived in to deep into enemy casters is possible with your major heal, but sometimes it is easier to just pr him. Rule of thumb: 1-2 casters can be outhealed, if a 3rd or even 4th nuker is involved it is better to try and use your power for ccing some of them, even if your tank dies. The priority is different for your supporters. Especially your shaman is worth like 4k of hp via speccbuffs, so don't let him die, even if he got in a bad spot out of his own fault xD.

Last advice: don't overrate your aoe mezzes. They are good for gaining the upper hand right at the beginning of the fight or later if you can lock down several enemies or pets that are clumped up, but for reliable cc and not handing out easy mezz immunities with the dropoff from aoe mezz, use your single target mezz as often as possible.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:41 AM by Valaraukar
If you want to be a true Pac healer try to go 48pac 24mend. For sure you will need a main healer in your party, but you need it also with your current spec I think, and with full pac you will max out your CC (so you can forget MoF and get some more useful RAs). The best combo, assuming 2 healers in party, is a full pac and a mend/aug (42mend 33aug is my current spec since few days, before I was 48pac 24mend). It is not a spec viable if you want to be the only healer, but trust me if you pair with a mend/aug your party will be forever grateful!

Concerning RAs, now I go with DI 2, PR 3 (you need it at 3 if you run with a full meleedps party), Purge 3, Wild Healing 1 (just to proc some crits) LW and Tireless and I'm 5L4. I'm checking if I will need MCL or if potions and legion chunky are enough to keep mana during a normal inc.
But... if you go full paci i would recommend to raise up Dex and casting time, timing is essential with CCs!
Mon 11 Nov 2019 12:13 PM by Nefcait
The absolute basics are
Purge2
Di1
Pr1
Mcl1
Lw/Tireless

After that
Dex2/Mota2 gives you a nice cast speed increase for only 4points
Focus 1-2 to help with resist rates
Wild healing is a decent filler ra
Serenity1 is always nice to have aswell

Example spec for 5L0
dex2/mota2
lw/tire/sere1
Di2
Pr1
Purge3
Mcl1

6L5 same spec - add moc3
decent filler ras for inbetween
more Mota
focus 1-2
Wild healing
Sat 16 Nov 2019 9:04 AM by Noleran
If you are not /played 1day (24 hours) on lvl 50 you can respec your RAs for free. So you can make some experience what you feel comfort with,
If you like more Castspeed with mota3/augdex3, more active RAs like MoCx/PR.... or more passive RAs wWld Healing/DIx....
For me, a must have is always:
-Step1: Longwind, Tireless, Purge3, Serenity1, PR1
-Step2: Mcl1, WildHealing1, DI1
-Step3: MotA3, AugDex3, Raging Power1, MoC1
and then skill up what you feel best with...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics