Returning to DAoC

Started 29 Oct 2019
by Herwig
in Midgard
So after a loooong time, DAoC has peeked my interest again. I played in Beta and a couple years (until WoW) live. I mostly played my skald (String). Now, I would like to try something new. A new class. I dislike twitchiness (where I got to jump around trying to find the right spot for positionals), prefer the just stand and dish out damage style of play (I am getting old / lazy). So what class would you recommend? Due to limited time (job / family) I may play solo quite a bit, but for RvR I always enjoyed 8 mans and zergs ( nothing like seeing a TRAIN of trolls roll up on a castle... oh the memories).

I was thinking hunter maybe? Or SM (i dabbled a bit with one back then and bombing was just sooo much fun). What specs would you recommend? Oh, and any guilds willing to take me under their wing? Looking foreward to a wonderfull trip down memory lane and lots of fun!
Tue 29 Oct 2019 5:49 AM by Dadbodosteel
With limited time sm would be quickest to level and template. It is also really easy to get in zergs groups as suppression and darkness spec is crazy good for solo and caster 8 man or smallman. Hunter is good for solo play but takes a lot of effort to build a template with no great way to make money to outfit nor ways to farm for it solo.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 6:41 AM by Cadebrennus
For keep assaults nothing is more fun for me than a Light Tank, any realm. They get climb walls here (the way it should have been on Live.) You can 8man them (obviously) but it still might be a little twitchy due to positionals when solo.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 2:41 PM by Roto23
If you don't like twitchiness; Go zerker, a no brain idiot (Nate) can play one. Christ, on a good day he's lucky to be able to tie his own shoes.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 7:15 AM by Cadebrennus
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 2:41 PM
If you don't like twitchiness; Go zerker, a no brain idiot (Nate) can play one. Christ, on a good day he's lucky to be able to tie his own shoes.

lol it's hard to argue against that logic! You sir, have a very good point
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics