Why are there few Dwarf Hunters?

Started 19 Sep 2019
by amitchtx
in Midgard
Title.

I see a lot of Norsemen (obviously for the strength) and a lot of Kobolds (obviously for the dex). Most Norsemen seem to be sword, while most Koby's are spear.

However, as far as a Dwarf goes, there seems to be more utility.

First, although strength is lower than the Norseman (10 pts), these points are reallocated to con. This means that in addition to having more HP, Ignore Pain will heal more HP.

Second, the resists are better on the Dwarf because it gives 2% resistance to Thrust. The #1 enemies that stealthers fight are other stealthers, and Rangers, NS, Infiltrators, and Scouts largely use Thrust.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:36 PM by Cadebrennus
Eye patch.

Also, with their Con, they are (and were) the Shar equivalent of the +Con Ranger before Shars were a twinkle in Mythic's eye.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:44 PM by amitchtx
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:36 PM
Eye patch.

Also, with their Con, they are (and were) the Shar equivalent of the +Con Ranger before Shars were a twinkle in Mythic's eye.

I think I'll be race respeccing to Dwarf--I'm just curious why they get little love. The eyepatch is frankly super dope.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 8:00 PM by vxr
amitchtx wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:44 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:36 PM
Eye patch.

I think I'll be race respeccing to Dwarf--I'm just curious why they get little love. The eyepatch is frankly super dope.

WTS race respec.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 8:06 PM by Sepplord
the eyepatch is superdope...but Infs/NS/rangers don't primarily use thrust here

at least NS/Rangers are primarily using slash

and without having all stats in my head currently, i think Valks take the cake regarding bonus resist with slash AND thrust resist, as well as decent magicresist on top
Thu 19 Sep 2019 9:14 PM by amitchtx
Dwarf also has thrust/slash--3% thrust and 2% slash.

Luri stealthers almost always use thrust from what I've seen.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 9:28 PM by Cadebrennus
I've been seeing even Luris use Blades, despite their noodle arms (aka low strength). Blades is popular now. Blame the Drunken Ranger.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 9:04 AM by Dunga
dwarf : more hp, better resis than nord and kobi, full use of moa ( than a valk/kob),size!
for a real spear hunter the best choise in my eyes

and its a dwarf! <- this should be reason enough
Fri 20 Sep 2019 12:15 PM by inoeth
ive been valk till rr7 because with low rank it seemed easier to get near 250 quick without dumping too much points into augquick.
then i respeced to dwarf for the extra HP and am pretty happy with it.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 9:39 PM by gotwqqd
Because people realize that bow spec=blue boy
And
Hybrid/melee= norse
Fri 20 Sep 2019 9:58 PM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 9:39 PM
And
Hybrid/melee= norse

So how do you explain the Shar fanboys in Hib for melee Rangers?
Sat 21 Sep 2019 8:39 AM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 9:39 PM
And
Hybrid/melee= norse

because people dont take a close look.... yeah norse has a bit more str but resists on dwarf are superior for melee combat 5% body reist! 2% slash 3% thrust
also small toons are great
Sat 21 Sep 2019 11:27 AM by joe2887
I run a sword hunter. I mainly use sword and board to land the evade stun chain or snare and kite...

I can't decide if I want to go Valkyn or Dwarf. Right now, Valkyn seems to be the best choice because, while there is a big con sacrifice, the quickness is high (affects both bow and sword speed), and the dex is high (affects bow damage and evade chance), and the str is decent.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics