Hunters are gimp

Started 29 Aug 2019
by amitchtx
in Midgard
The arguments are obvious. They need some other type of leg up on other stealthers.

I think higher bow damage is the best option, personally. And a 0% chance to unstealth during crit shot?
Thu 29 Aug 2019 1:34 AM by sabyrtuth
You're funny.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 7:56 AM by Aidereh
How about making the dex/quick and str/con buffs castable on both the hunter and pet. A damage add, maybe.

Regardless of any changes to the hunter class, the resist/vulnerabilities of leather and studded armors in Mid need to be changed to something similar to the other 2 realms. Barring that, make all realms leather armor all the same resist/vulnerable, and all realms reinforced/studded armors the same resist/vulnerable.

A
Sat 31 Aug 2019 1:19 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Not being broken like Rangers does not make them "gimp."
Sat 31 Aug 2019 9:04 PM by inoeth
rangers are gimp, my favorite enemies
Sat 31 Aug 2019 11:46 PM by Cadebrennus
amitchtx wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 1:27 AM
The arguments are obvious. They need some other type of leg up on other stealthers.

I think higher bow damage is the best option, personally. And a 0% chance to unstealth during crit shot?

Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:18 AM by gotwqqd
amitchtx wrote:

So why would they need bow upgrade to combat a stealther?
Sun 1 Sep 2019 6:08 PM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:18 AM
amitchtx wrote:

because troll
Sun 1 Sep 2019 6:20 PM by gotwqqd
inoeth wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 6:08 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
amitchtx wrote:

because troll
Yea I get it. But at least come up with something quasi believable and that makes some logical sense
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:36 AM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 6:20 PM
inoeth wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

because troll
Yea I get it. But at least come up with something quasi believable and that makes some logical sense

trolling has to be logical?
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:48 AM by gotwqqd
inoeth wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:36 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
inoeth wrote:
because troll

If you take your trolling seriously ...yes.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 1:45 PM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:48 AM
inoeth wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:36 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

If you take your trolling seriously ...yes.

logical serious trolling
now you are trolling^^
Mon 2 Sep 2019 5:35 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
I don't know when DAOC did it, but hunter pets proc diseases and snare.

This would help a hunter a lot.

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?204872-hunter-pets-OP
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:26 PM by chois
They already have a up, they can choose their damage type, often forgotten and is a good advantage yet,they don t need to spec another weapon line for that, a good pet better than an ad damage, think a lot classes need a review but atm not this one not at all.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 8:55 PM by Cadebrennus
chois wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:26 PM
They already have a up, they can choose their damage type, often forgotten and is a good advantage yet,they don t need to spec another weapon line for that, a good pet better than an ad damage, think a lot classes need a review but atm not this one not at all.

Hunter 2h is approximately the equivalent of CD/DW, with the downside/upside of being spikier DPS than CD/DW (see 5th Edition D&D arguments of the pros and cons of greataxe vs greatsword vs DW to see what I mean.) Hunter with 1h + pet is approximately the equivalent of CD/DW (dependent on CD/DW spec), while having base small shield defense. Hunter 2h+pet is like having CD/DW + CD/DW. Yes I know how slow pets run. Dumb Hunters cast their pets at max range. Smart Hunters (when going for pure melee dps) cast their pets when the Hunter is nearly on top of their target.

Hunters are doing just fine.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics