Role of SM in end-game RvR ???

Started 9 Aug 2019
by JaggedOne
in Midgard
What is my role, and what is the suggested spec ?

Re spec, the only reason that I see to go past 41 in Supp is to get the last PBAoE at 49....is that actually needed in RvR ? If I go 3/41/35, I get a short-duration PBAoE mezz, a rez spell, and some monster pet buffs (which I'm not sure the value in RvR).

All in all, I'm just not sure what the SM does in RvR......
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:09 PM by Dagerin
You spec dark with secondary supp (47d/26s) for 8-man/roam groups. For Keep take only I'd just take the last PBAE.

In roam you'll have a very strong nuke with 90% life transfer, red d/q debuff on top of your baseline red dex debuff, a pet to inturrupt casters or intercept melee, cure mezz, and a strong enough PBAE to be able to clear theurge pets on your supports with ease.

That said, most roam groups aren't looking for an SM to be the solo caster, so you're going to find yourself in hybrid groups with a RC RM hopefully to debuff for a very strong cold nuke train.

As a rule I think mid vastly underrates their caster train setups here, but SM's are very strong in the right groups.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 6:53 PM by Joc
SMs on the assist/debuff train are pretty good in the right groups. An SM on his own as a caster in an 8 man is sorta blah. The one thing the do have in either scenario is utility.

Interrupting/stunning pet
Aoe d/q debuff
Dex debuff
Strong lifetap
Debuff for cold
Rez depending on spec
Demezz
Etc.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 6:58 PM by Dagerin
Joc wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 6:53 PM
SMs on the assist/debuff train are pretty good in the right groups. An SM on his own as a caster in an 8 man is sorta blah. The one thing the do have in either scenario is utility.

Aoe d/q debuff
Dex debuff
Strong lifetap
Debuff for cold
Rez depending on spec
Demezz
Etc.

Runemasters get the cold debuff in Runecarving, no Cold debuff for SM's. They get the Energy/Matter/Body debuffs.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 11:23 PM by Joc
Dagerin wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 6:58 PM
Joc wrote:

Aoe d/q debuff
Dex debuff
Strong lifetap
Debuff for cold
Rez depending on spec
Demezz
Etc.

Runemasters get the cold debuff in Runecarving, no Cold debuff for SM's. They get the Energy/Matter/Body debuffs.

Ahh yea my bad. I was still thinking about assisting on the cold debuff. You are correct.
Wed 14 Aug 2019 7:08 PM by Korbayne
Joc wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 11:23 PM
Dagerin wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 6:58 PM
Joc wrote:

Aoe d/q debuff
Dex debuff
Strong lifetap
Debuff for cold
Rez depending on spec
Demezz
Etc.

Ahh yea my bad. I was still thinking about assisting on the cold debuff. You are correct.

Actually, its Spirit debuff in place of Matter. Very useful for the PBAOE. 41sup/35dark is a good spec also for keep/tower defense in zerg situations.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics