DS runs after Feather Bonuses ( For Noobies )

Started 16 Jul 2019
by Bobbahunter
in Midgard
To all my Fellow Mids. I will try to do a few DS runs a night this week and next ( time permitting ) but at least one a night . I have a few Guildies that need this and I know there are still a lot of fellow Mids too.
I do have a few suggestions and comments id like to say here so I don't look like an ELITEist in game.

I have 50+ DS runs combined for Mid
I have never ran DS with a RM,SM,BD,or Hunter. I honestly dont know of a run with a SM or BD. I know its possible but I am not sure the exact rolls they would play. I will try to get a RM or Hunter in my first few go around. So please don't be offended if I cannot take you. If you have a Melee DPS toon it would be the easiest to fit in with the mechanics we use for DS. From my experience there can only be one of the following in group Thane, Skald, RM, or Hunter but not a mix of any of these classes.

I would prefer to Play my Warrior since I have the most runs at 31 ( easiest to lead ) with him but I also have a Shaman and Pach I can switch too.

To make this a fun and fast time for me and all those going its best if we keep the group to a minimum of 2 new people ( MDPS) or If one of the new people has a critical roll like Pach, Sham, War, or Augh then its best to keep it at 1 new person. It can be done with more new people but it takes a little longer with explaining and possible wipes from minor mistakes. I have the patience and time to go slow but there are some people that have minimal play time and it really becomes more of a headache and not fun if we keep wiping. I want this to be a succesful run for all those I am grouped with.
If we decide that DPS is to low then it really is, I have only had to cancel 2 times because there wasn't enough DPS to get past Trash mobs in a timely manner.

There are Plenty of people that I know can run DS and they will take new people too. I would say 1/3 of my DS has usually been with at least one new person in group.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
So if your looking to run DS for the first time please do the following and it will make things even better for those already experienced in the group and you.

Please have the Paul prequest done. You get it from the lady inside Jord vault room ( Matilda I believe) next to the instance zone person.

Tell the person your sending your CLASS and if it will be your first time running. This way they can ask for experienced people if they meet their quota for noobers It really sucks to get a full group that has to many new people and as the group lead you know it will not go as smoothly as it could and it wastes everyones time.

Don't be offended if your not picked at that moment. Please don't feel ignored, Sometimes Group leaders get into a /send hell and cannot reply to everyone.

Please at a minimum have the Phoenix Discord Server available. Look at the top of the main sight and you will see the Discord icon link to phoenix. If you do not have Discord then you cannot go!!! Communication is key to success and unless we have ran the instanced together multiple times you need to be in Disc with us.

If your not fully tempted then please try to have your main stats Capped. if your MDPS then make sure you can do max dps.. ect ect

Hope to see you soon.

Bobba

P.S. If you can add anything to this thread to help me or others please do... Some advice is better than no advice.. unless its bad advice
Tue 16 Jul 2019 5:32 PM by Dominus
I ran my BD once in DS with my old guild. Was really bad.
Tue 16 Jul 2019 7:48 PM by Sepplord
just out of interest:

can warrior be considered melee-DPS too, btw?
i have only done it once, when the instance was new and we wiped our way through in over 3hours
I am always concerned to offer my warrior as tank as i gues tank is one of the more important functions, at least the first boss tank needs to be on spot
Tue 16 Jul 2019 9:14 PM by CronU
maybe the new instance is more for you then.
There you need 2 Warrior (or at least its easier in the beginning with 2 tanks).
And its new for almost everyone.
Tue 16 Jul 2019 9:23 PM by Bobbahunter
A warrior is not a good DPS for regular DS. I wouldnt know about Halls yet..

Most groups will consist of Zerkers, Savages and SBs.... Skalds are good with AOTG but I feel we do better with another MDPS instead of Skald..
I have done it a couple times with my Thane but it was with the people I usually run with and having the +26 on THane and fully tempted helps.

Oh and every time you finish the instance you gain +1 to all skills for that instance and Halls up to +26 capped. SO if you get in a group with 3 Zerkers that have +75 from armour and then +26 from account bonus of DS runs it makes taking a new person even easier.

Ill try to answer anyones questions if I can.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:34 PM by JUSTNSANE
What does this equate to is feathers from a number perspective?
Fri 19 Jul 2019 4:23 PM by Bobbahunter
A normal DS run with no Bonuses is 8750 feathers in about 45-55 mins for a casual experienced run.

With one or 2 newer people that bring a bonus I have gotten 13k feathers on 2 runs this week with 2 people that came but it did take a little longer, one run was 1.5 Hrs.

I have ran Halls 4 times this week with DS experienced people but being none of us has 10 runs in halls the first run all 8 of us brought a 20% feather bonus for 160% to the group, our first run was 2hr 40+ mins and we got 29k feathers.

I cant recall the 2nd and 3rd run feather amounts but on our 4th run ( original group people) we did Halls in 49 Minutes and all got just over 20k feathers. So there is a deminishing return on feathers per run until you all get to 10 runs in an instance.

Besides feathers there has been a couple 80+ and 90+ ROG drops and you will usually get around 20 arcanium Bars from salvage.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 6:14 AM by Xheno
Yesterday I did my first 2 Speed ​​runs in HoH (I thank the group again for hosting me). I've never done a DS run.
HoH counts as a bonus exp and stat or just the DS run from these bonuses? Is there a command to see how many runs and what has been done? Thank you
Wed 31 Jul 2019 6:21 AM by DasBier
Xheno wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 6:14 AM
Yesterday I did my first 2 Speed ​​runs in HoH (I thank the group again for hosting me). I've never done a DS run.
HoH counts as a bonus exp and stat or just the DS run from these bonuses? Is there a command to see how many runs and what has been done? Thank you

./Title
1% bonus xp per run
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics