TG Raif winner...Birghirian Hauberk...

Started 4 Jul 2019
by gotwqqd
in Midgard
So did I make a good choice or screw up?
I had the 3rd pick...
Fri 5 Jul 2019 8:49 AM by Sepplord
if it's an armor part besides the vest....you probably skrewed up (but without knowing the other available loot options hard to say)
Fri 5 Jul 2019 9:30 AM by REVOLTE
the answer is easy!
"it depends".

dont worry too much, tho. TG torso is and always will be rock solid in performance and value while, if you dont have much experience when it comes to gearing on phoenix(which i assume is the case - hence this thread), chances are you might screw up big time when going for rogs.

that said...congratz!
Fri 5 Jul 2019 10:00 AM by Sepplord
oh...it is the vest...

then it probably was a good pick, as it is 20k feathers saved from temp...unless there was a 90+ UT accessory with good stats for a class that needs such high UT still available (which are a lot of IFs) and even then the difference in worth would be small

gratzi
Fri 5 Jul 2019 11:39 AM by inoeth
its not with heal proc.... its with dmg add proc... id say you made a bad choice
Fri 5 Jul 2019 7:11 PM by gotwqqd
inoeth wrote:
Fri 5 Jul 2019 11:39 AM
its not with heal proc.... its with dmg add proc... id say you made a bad choice

Yea
I didn’t know how to pick from the chest or even look at items before pucks granted
I was awarded the loot and it was 5 or six guys after me picked before I figured it out
So I just picked something quick
Mon 8 Jul 2019 8:33 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 5 Jul 2019 7:11 PM
inoeth wrote:

Yea
I didn’t know how to pick from the chest or even look at items before pucks granted
I was awarded the loot and it was 5 or six guys after me picked before I figured it out

For the future, you can look at the loot just like you did when you were granted access. The acces just lets you take something out, it doesn't change how to look.
All items are sorted according to their single-utility, higher UT items are at the top. If you don't know what you are doing, never go for armor/weapons, most are not really good. (Armor exceptions for example are the TG-Vests with the 180healprocc on them...if the vest doesn't have that procc, don't take it)

Aim for high-UT accessories, either for your own use, or aim for stats that are widely useable by lots of classes (or Assassin specific, as assassins need really high UT and those will always fetch a good price). A high utility items with +shield +parry +all magic (afaik only thanes need all that) has a much smaller market, than an item with slightly lower utility but universal stats (resists / hits / con ) that every class needs.

Also don't really pick necklaces, unless it's really a murder-item, since everyone can get the 80UT SI-neck for free and most won't bother to spend a lot of money just to get a slightly better item there. I know i haven't looked a single time for necklaces on the marketexplorer when doing a temp.

Minor addition:
Also try to avoid body-resist (at least in midgard it seems this resist is overabundant on lots of items) or in general very one-sided items. An items with 20% of a single resist will not fit into many temps. One with 2 x 10% will be easier to fit. But this isn't a hard-factor.

Most of the time, if you aren't one of the first 10-15people to pick, go for one of the respec stones
Mon 8 Jul 2019 4:28 PM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 8:33 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 5 Jul 2019 7:11 PM
inoeth wrote:

Yea

For the future, you can look at the loot just like you did when you were granted access. The acces just lets you take something out, it doesn't change how to look.
All items are sorted according to their single-utility, higher UT items are at the top. If you don't know what you are doing, never go for armor/weapons, most are not really good. (Armor exceptions for example are the TG-Vests with the 180healprocc on them...if the vest doesn't have that procc, don't take it)

Aim for high-UT accessories, either for your own use, or aim for stats that are widely useable by lots of classes (or Assassin specific, as assassins need really high UT and those will always fetch a good price). A high utility items with +shield +parry +all magic (afaik only thanes need all that) has a much smaller market, than an item with slightly lower utility but universal stats (resists / hits / con ) that every class needs.

Also don't really pick necklaces, unless it's really a murder-item, since everyone can get the 80UT SI-neck for free and most won't bother to spend a lot of money just to get a slightly better item there. I know i haven't looked a single time for necklaces on the marketexplorer when doing a temp.

Minor addition:
Also try to avoid body-resist (at least in midgard it seems this resist is overabundant on lots of items) or in general very one-sided items. An items with 20% of a single resist will not fit into many temps. One with 2 x 10% will be easier to fit. But this isn't a hard-factor.

Most of the time, if you aren't one of the first 10-15people to pick, go for one of the respec stones
The problem was so many people crowded around I didn’t see Chester
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:21 PM by Estat
You can sell the item to a feather merchant for a 50% refund.

Just make sure you sell to the merchant who also would sell the item.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 9:43 PM by Sepplord
Estat wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:21 PM
You can sell the item to a feather merchant for a 50% refund.

Just make sure you sell to the merchant who also would sell the item.

ohhh....very good point

completely forgot about that...that makes feather items actually MUCH more worthy
don't go for a respec stone then, and that chest pick isn't as bad as we expected
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics