SB buffs and charges prebattle and during

Started 9 Feb 2020
by Validric
in Midgard
This is common knowledge to most stealthers, but I had to ask around.

Buffs and pots to be used pre battle: ( please add or erase )
1. Draught of combined forces
2. Invig
3. Shard skin

Charges
1. AF ( depending on charges used in battle seeing there is a timer )

In Battle
1. Damage add
2. Legion
Depending on timer

What else am I missing

Thank you for reading this noob SB's post

Redjackal 5L2
Sun 9 Feb 2020 3:31 PM by Mavella
I think with AF charge you mean ablative? AF charges had the same value as buff pot the last time I played.

You got everything else. The other thing you might consider is a DD charge on your gloves for ranged interrupting. It's extremely situational but can be handy to have and can catch people off guard.
Sun 9 Feb 2020 7:42 PM by Validric
Thank you Mavella

Got the DD charge

I was told at RR5 my damage on mainhand would go up from 16.2 to 16.5.
Thought It would make a huge difference.

Still getting smoked by RR8 and 9's. Seems I am ok against RR7 still and its a 50/50 most of the time but higher than that, I'm dead.
Thought there would be something else I could do pre-battle or maybe during the fight that I was not aware of which could give me at least half a chance to be more competitive.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 4:15 PM by inoeth
Validric wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 7:42 PM
Thank you Mavella

Got the DD charge

Still getting smoked by RR8 and 9's. Seems I am ok against RR7 still and its a 50/50 most of the time but higher than that, I'm dead.
Thought there would be something else I could do pre-battle or maybe during the fight that I was not aware of which could give me at least half a chance to be more competitive.

sword spec?
try axe and charge d/q debuff in fight
Mon 10 Feb 2020 4:46 PM by Mavella
Validric wrote:
Thank you Mavella

Got the DD charge

Yeah 16.2->16.5 isn't a huge difference. It's 1 damage per swing and the weapon has to be MP to even see that difference. I think you end up getting another 2AF per piece of armor as well if MP which probably matters a little more.

The best thing you can do to have an easier time vs higher RR is keep playing and close that RR gap. It's difficult to beat someone 3+ RR higher just about no matter the class. Add it how hard sin scales with RR its even worse. Just gotta keep at it and keep grinding rps.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:24 PM by Sepplord
Mavella wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 4:46 PM
Validric wrote:
Thank you Mavella

Got the DD charge

Yeah 16.2->16.5 isn't a huge difference. It's 1 damage per swing and the weapon has to be MP to even see that difference. I think you end up getting another 2AF per piece of armor as well if MP which probably matters a little more.

The best thing you can do to have an easier time vs higher RR is keep playing and close that RR gap. It's difficult to beat someone 3+ RR higher just about no matter the class. Add it how hard sin scales with RR its even worse. Just gotta keep at it and keep grinding rps.

Is the 16,2DPS cap applied after quality comes into play? I thought you would get higher damage either way at RR5 regardless of equip?
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:47 PM by Validric
inoeth wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 4:15 PM
Validric wrote:
Thank you Mavella

Got the DD charge

sword spec?

I am Axe spec. Any D/Q debuff Item you can keep in your backpack? Only one I found was an item which had to be equiped to use.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:09 PM by Mavella
Validric wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:47 PM
inoeth wrote:
Validric wrote:
Thank you Mavella

Got the DD charge

sword spec?

I am Axe spec. Any D/Q debuff Item you can keep in your backpack? Only one I found was an item which had to be equiped to use.

You would have to use an accessory with it or apply it to your boots or something. Any offensive charge has to be equipped.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:12 PM by inoeth
Validric wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Validric wrote:
Thank you Mavella

Got the DD charge

sword spec?

i use the 2h slot for that, just get mp lvl 1 weapon and let an alchemist craft you the charge
2h on sb is useless anyway and since there are switch macros 2h slot for quick swap is not needed too
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:18 PM by Validric
inoeth wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:12 PM
Validric wrote:
inoeth wrote:
sword spec?

i use the 2h slot for that, just get mp lvl 1 weapon and let an alchemist craft you the charge
2h on sb is useless anyway and since there are switch macros 2h slot for quick swap is not needed too
Thank you Inoeth
I have a 2H MP Axe (without a charge or proc) on my back. I am a Leg Alch so I should be able to craft the charge. Thank you very much for the advice. Going to give it a go.

Anything else you guys would advise? I think Mavella said I have most of the important stuff already.

I am Purge 2, vanish 1, LW 1, tireless 1, Quick 5 and MOA 5. Viper 1 and building on it. Should I take quick all the way up to cap or invest in other RA’s ?

Thanks again for all the advice and help.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 5:27 PM by inoeth
Validric wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:18 PM
inoeth wrote:
Validric wrote:

Thank you Inoeth
I have a 2H MP Axe (without a charge or proc) on my back. I am a Leg Alch so I should be able to craft the charge. Thank you very much for the advice. Going to give it a go.

Anything else you guys would advise? I think Mavella said I have most of the important stuff already.

I am Purge 2, vanish 1, LW 1, tireless 1, Quick 5 and MOA 5. Viper 1 and building on it. Should I take quick all the way up to cap or invest in other RA’s ?

imo get rid of moa and vanish and push purge to 3 and viper to 5, if you have viper 5, get mop
thing is you are a viking and you want to die in battle, you dont need vanish, odin does not like it. vanish is for cowards like hibs and albs... their gods promote fear of death. laugh at them while dieing!
Wed 12 Feb 2020 4:36 PM by BashPi
Did you spec high LA or CS?

i played with 50LA on RR5. just used BS2 followed by LA backchain.
Dont forget to use ASR styles

i played with moa5 and quick5 purge 3. it worked.
but it was better with MoP instead of MoA. i didnt try it without aug quick. would be the next step. but you should have a fast swingspeed (fast offhand and haste proc)

..my opinion
Thu 13 Feb 2020 12:47 AM by Bicstor
Do not get viper untill you are rr6, you will cripple your melee dps if you do. Viper/dot damage is too slow to win a fight versus someone specced for melee dps. You will be dead long before the dot has finished ticking in that situation. On average MoA will increase your dps more than MoP on a straight comparison. Of course you are going to get spikes of damage from MoP but you are relying on chance with that.

A slow OH with high MoA/Aug Qui works as well , but you need to get your swing speed down to <1.8s for it to shine.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 1:06 AM by The Skies Asunder
inoeth wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 5:27 PM
Validric wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:18 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thank you Inoeth

imo get rid of moa and vanish and push purge to 3 and viper to 5, if you have viper 5, get mop
thing is you are a viking and you want to die in battle, you dont need vanish, odin does not like it. vanish is for cowards like hibs and albs... their gods promote fear of death. laugh at them while dieing!

I must somehow be a Mid at heart then, because everyone who has vanish should spec out of it. The worst. Especially when used in a 1v1 setting, by high RR assassins.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics