Ranger specs

Started 20 Jun 2019
by Galandor
in Hibernia
So I'm looking at potentially rolling either a Ranger or Hunter, still undecided tbh and trying to get as much information as possible. I currently play a Scout, LOL, and yeah, would like to know from Rangers what your thoughts are on the class overall vs the other two archery classes, as well as potential specs. Rangers seem by far the most complicated of the 3 archery classes, and honestly I have no idea how to spec one. Archery at 35 and Stealth at comp 50 are starting points, past that idk what the break points are for melee etc., that most Rangers feel are necessary. Any input would be helpful.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:34 PM by Horus
Lots of threads on the subject...

My opinion...

In general...
Two options. Fully commit to melee, or don't. There is no middle ground.

You can't fully commit to melee going 35 in bow...more like 12-17.
If you want to melee, pick shar and blades.
If you really want to be a true archer, pick keen and pierce and just accept you can't defeat other sneaks in melee

Caveat: Much easier to solo level full bow/PF so at least do that until you respec at 49/50 to your RvR spec.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:18 PM by Numatic
My brother prefers his melee ranger over his NS. If he has everything up, even at rr4 he was killing rr9+ assasins in 1v1. Even with minimal bow he still crit shots for 300+ and normal bow shots for 175-200+. Ironically the only stealther class he has trouble with are hunters if they are competant.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:25 PM by gotwqqd
Numatic wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:18 PM
My brother prefers his melee ranger over his NS. If he has everything up, even at rr4 he was killing rr9+ assasins in 1v1. Even with minimal bow he still crit shots for 300+ and normal bow shots for 175-200+. Ironically the only stealther class he has trouble with are hunters if they are competant.

What’s minimal bow?
And is PF worth any points if you have pots?
Thu 20 Jun 2019 11:02 PM by Sepphiroth75
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:25 PM
Numatic wrote:

What’s minimal bow?

Pf is great. I am currently 42 pf and love it
Thu 20 Jun 2019 11:21 PM by Numatic
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:25 PM
Numatic wrote:

What’s minimal bow?

I think hes 12+15 now in archery.

Definitely. PF has higher buffs than pots. It's also your damage add and speed buff. That's another 20-30dmg a swing on your MH.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:28 PM by Virn
Horus wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:34 PM
Lots of threads on the subject...

My opinion...

In general...
Two options. Fully commit to melee, or don't. There is no middle ground.

You can't fully commit to melee going 35 in bow...more like 12-17.
If you want to melee, pick shar and blades.
If you really want to be a true archer, pick keen and pierce and just accept you can't defeat other sneaks in melee

Caveat: Much easier to solo level full bow/PF so at least do that until you respec at 49/50 to your RvR spec.

Good summary for solo player.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 8:17 AM by inoeth
serveral threads about it...
i did extensive excell testing and came up with following spec:

46 pf 39 blade 27 bow 35 stealth 19 cd
also use fast mh to get to 1.5 swingspeed and you should have no trouble killing assassins

i use that on my ranger and it works great!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics