New and saying hi..

Started 11 Jun 2019
by Tylaric
in Hibernia
I played on Origins and loved it. I played a mentalist and did a lot of kiting, thought this time around I'd go Animist for farming, honestly, not really sure about that yet, might wanna go back to Menty =)..

It's been around 4 or 5 years since I've last played if my memory serves so, while I understand some of the basic concepts a lot of the finer points are lost on me again =). My life is very different now than it was then, new baby, working a million hours, and a wife that hates gaming =) . So, I'll be solo most of the time and I can craft from work a little here and there..

Some questions for you vets..

Can I use other sources like Uthgard for looking up templates or is there a better source specific for this server?
When can I start trinketing? Assuming thats still the best way to make money?
Can you level up a crafter without cash like the old questing system that used to exist?
Do you think Menty, or Ani would be best for solo PvE farming?
Is Darkness Falls a thing here? If so, does Hib ever have it?

Thanks for your time, look forward to seeing you in game !
Tue 11 Jun 2019 5:56 PM by Dominus
trinketing isn't a viable source for farming as the mobs dropping the non-rog shimmering gear have been nerfed.. You should consider leveling a toon that you can use to farm the new instance Darkspire where you can get 10-12k feathers for 40min work plus alot of decent rogs you can sell. Feathers can be "sold" to other players where you buy them an epic dungeon item with your feathers (earned in DS) and they give you plat for the item. Right now 20k feathers go for between 5-7 plat depending on realm. Considering if you get with a good DS group you can earn 20k feathers in 1.25 hrs and doing DS back to back to back.. My .02 for farming.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 6:39 PM by Tylaric
Thanks for weighing in, this feathers thing, is that a solo farming or group exclusively?
Tue 11 Jun 2019 7:33 PM by cere2
Tylaric wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 6:39 PM
Thanks for weighing in, this feathers thing, is that a solo farming or group exclusively?

Farming is still viable, Animist probably still a best bet solo.
Since you say you will be playing solo, DS will not be viable at all for you since you need a decent FG to complete.
NF still around and who has it most? probably mids but it does exchange hands often.

Templates are easier here than any other point in Daoc. Get to 50, farm some red/purp mobs with Animists and they drop higher utility random generated stats items.
After you get say 60+ utility items for jewelry, search for epic armor quests at lvl 50, use chest and fill in rest of armor with crafted pieces to fill in gaps etc.
No template is the same as utility items are all random.

Feathers are done in BG's
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics