NF Ranger strategies?

Started 11 Jun 2019
by Horus
in Hibernia
Not much NF experience here. Any suggestions for squishy sniper ranger? Places to hang out looking for targets? Best to roam or hang out towers/keeps? Docks?

I kinda had my system which served me pretty well but it seems out the window now...
Tue 11 Jun 2019 2:40 PM by Bumbles
NF is very simple. It's all about travel and how people get to action. As an Archer you don't want to camp docks/bridges as those are Sins territory. Instead find paths that your enemies NEED to follow to get to action. Also keep fights are your bread and butter for lots of RPs. Stalk BGs and pick off stragglers. Light up a tower and wait to see who comes to check it out. NF is very conducive to Archers.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 4:02 PM by cere2
Bumbles pretty much nailed it.

I used to watch keep battles..If it is central keep on fire and the realm taking the keep cuts port, then go to nearest keep they can port to and camp the path to central keep etc. If its a shoreline keep and they can't port to it, camp path from central keep to that keep etc.
That used to be 60% of my rps in NF.
I also used to be what people called a coast-guarder =)
As a hib I camped Cruachon bridges/docks and hunted sins. And scouted for zergs incoming through EV etc.
Keep defense used to be good times as archer, if you can find those that are not grouped with healers etc.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics