Hero Question LW

Started 2 Jun 2019
by Delonion
in Hibernia
I will now change my hero from CS to LW. For this I have the following questions which experienced me Heros can certainly answer. My focus is on the 8vx RvR or less:

Skill
10 Blades for side snare 50 LW 50 Shield for better slam and 27 parry. Is that the right choice?

Weapons
Which weapons should I buy or even craft? Regarding the Crush weapon, I thought of the Destroyer of Dreams 5.5 Speed ​​and Dot Procc. However, I am very unsure about the Slash weapon. The Ghostyl Great Falcata has only 4.5 Speed ​​and therefore too fast a good Str / Con Debuff. I'm unsure about the Primal Great Sword 5.5 Speed. Do not find the values ​​so great.

RA´s
I am currently 4L5 and so far I have LW1 Det5 and Purge2. I wanted to get Purge3 first and then invest in the offensive area. Is that right?

You are welcome to give me more suggestions regarding the LW hero or if I should even remain CS and if so why?
Wed 5 Jun 2019 4:46 AM by Kurbsen
50 shield 50 lw 26 parry 10 blades 7 spear.. youll have the blades side snare, and a backsnare in spear that you can switch to when you get more comfortable switching. With weapons, try to be able to fit verdant mace into your template, and then when the haste proc goes off switch to a crafted 5.4 sledge hammer for crush or 5.5 great sword with a dd proc on it. Also that ghostly falcata is nice if you want to switch weapons again for str/con proc.

The best thing you should practice on hero is shield swapping between hits. Swap to your shield when opponent attacks then swap to 2h to hit, as soon as you hit with 2h, go to shield for max defense, and repeat.

If your solo get the dot procs, but dont use dot proc in groups.

For RA, I would prob focus on Det9 first then go purge.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:05 PM by boarder981
Kurbsen has really good points, but that’s a LOT of micromanagement swapping weapons. Too much for me, personally. I’m getting carpel tunnel just thinking about it

Full disclosure that I don’t play on Phoenix yet, so I don’t know the meta. However, my main was a Hero back in the day and at various times I was LW, CS, and S/S spec.

In my personal opinion, 50 shield is overkill. The 29 after block style is slightly inferior to the 50 style, but I feel it’s best served to pump up parry a lot higher. Something like:

50 LW
42 Shield
38 Parry
10 Blades

In terms of sheer defense, you probably get more mileage from 42 shield / 38 parry than you do from 50/26. Of course there are arguments for both. The slightly longer 50 shield after-block stun is useful for solo, but then again, so is higher parry. If you group or zerg, it probably doesn’t matter so much. Either way I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 5:54 PM by access
If you are trying to get into 8v8 I would stay Celtic Spear for the rear snare and the increased weapon skill to land your styles on high defensive classes like savages. You are correct in that you want at least 10 Blades for the side snare, with Piercing also being a viable option for side snare at 21 spec.

For RAs long wind and tireless are musts on every class, then maxxing out Determination and Purge 2 is a good start. I would not worry about offensive RAs until much higher rank, as you will get more value out of things like Soldier's Barricade and Dashing Defense.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 6:20 PM by inoeth
how about 44 CS 42 shield 39 blades 24 parry
Thu 6 Jun 2019 5:14 PM by access
inoeth wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 6:20 PM

I would ask why give up CS weaponskill for +18 parry or the extra points in blades?
Fri 7 Jun 2019 6:52 AM by inoeth
access wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 5:14 PM
inoeth wrote:

I would ask why give up CS weaponskill for +18 parry or the extra points in blades?

with 39 blade you have access to the 30% ASR, this is quite strong for solo purpose
24 parry also for solo

in grp this could be adjusted for more CS..... me personally like to have specs that work for grp and for solo/smallman
but yeah ofc less parry would end up in 50 CS 42 shield 39 blades 6 parry
Fri 7 Jun 2019 3:28 PM by access
inoeth wrote:
Fri 7 Jun 2019 6:52 AM
access wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 5:14 PM
inoeth wrote:

with 39 blade you have access to the 30% ASR, this is quite strong for solo purpose
24 parry also for solo

in grp this could be adjusted for more CS..... me personally like to have specs that work for grp and for solo/smallman
but yeah ofc less parry would end up in 50 CS 42 shield 39 blades 6 parry

To quote the OP "My focus is on the 8vx RvR or less" which is why I asked about the solo spec you mentioned.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:43 PM by JUSTNSANE
inoeth wrote:

Yeah I’d like to know more how this spec would work out???
Fri 19 Jul 2019 11:59 PM by Pirhana7
LW is for 1v1, I would stay CS for 8man and groups. With spear most of your main target are vuln to spear and you should be able to kill them with side chain after slam
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics