What's the problem over there?

Started 1 May 2019
by relvinian
in Hibernia
Albion: 662 Midgard: 646 Hibernia: 575

Why? Why do you think? Sup? Is it Emain?
Wed 1 May 2019 8:37 PM by Halma
relvinian wrote:
Wed 1 May 2019 5:40 PM
Albion: 662 Midgard: 646 Hibernia: 575

Why? Why do you think? Sup? Is it Emain?
Probably.
(Nearly) instant action after release (alb/mid) vs 10 minutes walk.
Meh.
Wed 1 May 2019 8:47 PM by PingGuy
It definitely has to play a part, now that Emain has become popular again, regardless of where the task is running at. I don't think people really understand how stupid far it is from either BK to Emain compared to the other realms. Snowdonia -> Pennine -> Hadrian's Wall zone line is like half the distance of Druim Cain -> (Zone Name I Forgot) -> Emain. If you go from Druim Ligen it's even farther because of the diagonal.
Wed 1 May 2019 10:35 PM by djegu
The emain situation is getting me logging less and less, so yeah it definitely play a part
Thu 2 May 2019 12:28 AM by florin
Yep - big part of why I never went hib in first place
Thu 2 May 2019 12:39 AM by phixion
I hate Emain more and more everyday tbh.
Thu 2 May 2019 1:25 AM by Ceen
I turn right right at amg rins and repeat.
Havent seen hibs for a long time.

Its a happy place: no amnesia no tanglers no 4+ subs and the feeling damn hibbies have to walk 10 min
Thu 2 May 2019 1:30 AM by Kuraokami
Albion, wanna be weak, but troll. Midgard, wanna be strong, but fall over. Hibernia, a minority that wants the game to be fun.
Thu 2 May 2019 1:54 AM by phixion
Much prefer Hadrian's, don't have to put up with Alb zerg
Thu 2 May 2019 2:05 AM by bigne88
Problems are mid zerg in emain and alb stealth zerg at every other mile gate.
But ofc amnesia must be nerfed and tanglers too. If only the 2 other realm's players would get better...
Sun 5 May 2019 12:26 AM by relvinian
Albion: 535 Midgard: 504 Hibernia: 384

Seriously, this is an issue.

How about 2x hib xp weekend or something.

People can make those bg toons on hib.

Also since mids and albs always take dc hibs don't get their rp bonus.

So maybe give the hibs a porter just inside breif west of bolg. Maybe similar ports for alb and mid.

But the ports ONLY work ON TASK. Emain, hib porter works. Alb, alb porter works, etc.
Sun 5 May 2019 4:50 AM by sabyrtuth
It's not so bad on task since we usually keep a couple breif ports open, but while other realms have task and I'm sitting in Hadrian's going some time without action seeing all the emain spam.. as a nightshade the run out is even worse. It has deterred me from playing this week at night, logging off after Hib task ends.
Sun 5 May 2019 5:23 AM by HtGeist
Biggest problem is that they are hibs..Toxic pseudo elitist pricks..i played there,kept it solo and turned /advice /trade off cos 5 mins made me want to reach thru the screen and knock some sense into people.
Garbage people overcharging get a feel every live banned asshat rolled hib here....unless you play your ani,then you get spammed with tells and random group invites.
They made their own bed,lay them to rest in it.
Sun 5 May 2019 6:02 AM by lourock
HtGeist wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 5:23 AM
Biggest problem is that they are hibs..Toxic pseudo elitist pricks..i played there,kept it solo and turned /advice /trade off cos 5 mins made me want to reach thru the screen and knock some sense into people.
Garbage people overcharging get a feel every live banned asshat rolled hib here....unless you play your ani,then you get spammed with tells and random group invites.

I have played all 3 realms and mid is the most elitist. Biggest pop and no cooperation. Not a fan.
Sun 5 May 2019 7:29 AM by MacPrior
lourock wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 6:02 AM
I have played all 3 realms and mid is the most elitist. Biggest pop and no cooperation. Not a fan.

Exactly opposite experience here played all three realms too.

In midgard lot of lfgs and lfm. there is very simple to build an efficient group for level and for RvR. Already grabbing one shami you ll have buffs, heal, cc, endu.
Eseast realm to find or make a group.

Al bion is very comfortable to lvl solo - nice mob camps, all close each to other. But very hard to group. U have to find a sorc, for pve - a paladin, U cannt run with speed 6 perma. Albion has very interesting useful classes but not every has a space in an alb group.

Hibernia - very complicated to find a lvl group, most of hibs leveling in group with of animists or bombs, nobody is interesting to buld or join a normal group. Level there is terrible sonce you dont have a guild with PL service. Bard is very hard to get for RvR. But as soon you found one - just grab 2 druis and others are very variabel - you have max freedom in setting of group set up. But Hib is a horror if you tries to rich lvl 50.
Sun 5 May 2019 9:44 AM by relvinian
If i was a hib i would be a rr 11 animist by now.

And you would never not have dun crauch.
Sun 5 May 2019 9:55 AM by Lollie
relvinian wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 9:44 AM

If you did you'd realise that animist aren't the big bad boogie man of keep takes/defence that people complain about.
Sun 5 May 2019 2:28 PM by Saroi
relvinian wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 12:26 AM
Albion: 535 Midgard: 504 Hibernia: 384

Seriously, this is an issue.

How about 2x hib xp weekend or something.

People can make those bg toons on hib.

Also since mids and albs always take dc hibs don't get their rp bonus.

So maybe give the hibs a porter just inside breif west of bolg. Maybe similar ports for alb and mid.

But the ports ONLY work ON TASK. Emain, hib porter works. Alb, alb porter works, etc.

XP bonus won't do anything. Even if you make instant 50. The problem isn't the leveling, the problem is the action when it comes to level 50. People want to go RvR and have fun/action.

Mids and Albs camp Emain 24/7, that is were like 80% of the action is. As a Hib you have an extremely long walk to get there just to get rolled by the 6 Midgrps that is running on stick and camping amg (EU Evening time). When it comes to EU Morning/Noon you have Albs in the upper hand and doing the same.

The only action you get as a Hib is the Keep BG's to find Guards and Keeplord and the one BD/Reaver that will log in because he has that char there for twf. 90% of the time when Hibs attack the Lady or Beastmaster no def shows up. All too busy in Emain.

Tasks either needs to be one realm only again or give bonus rp to the zone the task is. Atm there is no reason for any Mids or Albs to leave Emain.

And like you kinda said the rp bonus for keeps is useless now, especially for Hibs.

Also that switchtimer needs to be reduced to 4-8 hours max. 12 hours is way too long and basically keeps you playing for an entire day. That may help a bit, since reading the forum a lot of people would like to try something different but don't want to wait so long to switch and then be stucked there.
Sun 5 May 2019 9:56 PM by dbeattie71
HtGeist wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 5:23 AM

Someone's upset.
Sun 5 May 2019 10:02 PM by dbeattie71
Lollie wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 9:55 AM
relvinian wrote:

If you did you'd realise that animist aren't the big bad boogie man of keep takes/defence that people complain about.

Yeah lol, you crack knuckles getting ready to put down some shrooms to find, you can't....now what? Let me run over here and put some down, you can't. I know, I'll plop down some resists and ablative to help out my realm mates........ can't.
Sun 5 May 2019 10:45 PM by Doiri
Saroi wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 2:28 PM
Tasks either needs to be one realm only again [...] Atm there is no reason for any Mids or Albs to leave Emain.

i second that
Mon 6 May 2019 12:15 AM by koopycommander
We don't have an invincible class like necro or BD.
We have no pets when multiple animists are in an area. Midgard can bring 50 BD pets and theirs don't despawn. Ours have an area limit.
Our speed class is an instrument and AFK class.
Our TWF class is a gimp.
Hibernia is weak. That's why Hibernia got improvements in live, improvements that were left out in this version.

You can tell the devs all play Albion and Midgard.
Mon 6 May 2019 6:56 AM by Lollie
I wouldn't say wardens are a gimp class, we support well, granted our melee sucks but far from gimped
Mon 6 May 2019 1:11 PM by kratoxin
bigne88 wrote:
Thu 2 May 2019 2:05 AM
Problems are mid zerg in emain and alb stealth zerg at every other mile gate.
But ofc amnesia must be nerfed and tanglers too. If only the 2 other realm's players would get better...

must be a hib player, never witnessed it on the other side
Mon 6 May 2019 4:45 PM by FeralHampster
Emain is def the problem, the same thing happened on live back in OF days. Just hoping the devs find a way to solve the problem quickly.
Mon 6 May 2019 6:17 PM by Horus
relvinian wrote:

I doubt that. unless you bring 15 of your buddies. Alb has a chub for Crauch.

Can't count how many times I've been a solo Ranger there in the rare time Hib has it, only for it always to get attacked by no less than 30.
Mon 6 May 2019 6:36 PM by soiehib1337
Hib is much harder to play and needs much more rank/skill to win.
People like to win (OP whining stealthers, mid savage insta kill, alb 3 casters group) and they prefer if it's easy.
Hence people quitting Hib for Alb or Mid.

Bring back OF RA, remove endu pots, shorten the melee range and there you go, hib is lively again because you don't need an opti 8L group to win.
Mon 6 May 2019 7:05 PM by Boric
Emain is about 60% of the problem and not wanting to run.

The rest is that Hib isn't 'great' at any aspect of class (RvR).
In today's world everyone makes the best decision before rolling, and unlike 15years ago can reroll and get up to RvR pretty fast.

If you want to be Melee you go Mid
If you want to go Caster you go Alb
If you want to stealth you go Alb

If you want to... run around frontiers for most the night you go Hib.

Minus a couple skilled 8mans (who would succeed easier on other realms, looks at PK's guild no longer Hib).
Mon 6 May 2019 7:18 PM by Bradekes
Easy.. Alb(friar&paladin&wizard) and mid(thane) both have boosts to their hybrid classes and others.. Hib has NO love from devs no tweaks other than global optimization that each realm got.. Not saying champ or VW really need love but some boost to warden hybridism would be nice... Give some more solo/small man options
Mon 6 May 2019 7:58 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Boric wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 7:05 PM
Emain is about 60% of the problem and not wanting to run.

The rest is that Hib isn't 'great' at any aspect of class (RvR).
In today's world everyone makes the best decision before rolling, and unlike 15years ago can reroll and get up to RvR pretty fast.

If you want to be Melee you go Mid
If you want to go Caster you go Alb
If you want to stealth you go Alb

If you want to... run around frontiers for most the night you go Hib.

Minus a couple skilled 8mans (who would succeed easier on other realms, looks at PK's guild no longer Hib).

LOL - oh man get real, this is a hilarious post. Yeah PK isn't on hib anymore because they're all rr11 and probably rolling new toons.

Hib groups are subpar, oh god thats incredibly funny. #l2play #gitgud #warden/bard
Mon 6 May 2019 8:25 PM by Boric
Let me try to rework this for you Amp, using your lingo.

#readingishard

As a 'casual / zerg / non 8man'

If you want to play Melee, you are going to roll Mid most likely as they have more enticing melee.
If you want to play Caster, you are going to roll Alb most likely as they have more enticing casters.
If you dont want to run for 10minutes per Emain fight, you will roll Mid/Alb.

For the casual/zerger I know where I would roll.
Mon 6 May 2019 8:39 PM by cere2
Easy solution here fella's.

Time to upgrade to NF.
Mon 6 May 2019 10:35 PM by alusnova415
During beta (my first foray in daoc) i played Hib , at launch I rolled Alb because of the emain run, I knew as the server matured and people got rr5+ the rotating task reward after rr5 slowed down so people were always going to flock to emain just like it happened the last months of beta.

No easy solution but perhaps make Albion and midgard task rewards +25% (only when the realm task is assigned to the realm i.e. defend Albion so all kills in Albion give +25%, defend midgard +25% , defend emain no bonus).

That or add a port to border breifine/emain for hibs or I know I'll never play hib , I'll roll mid after albion.
Tue 7 May 2019 10:42 AM by Rallvein
Runnig to Emain sucks.
Wardens are like a friar without any of the love and without the option to deal damage - buff resistances and use the one spec heal, not even a spec group heal is available.
Bards aren't much fun to play for most people, here you're limited to one CC and don't have a useful rupt spell (I main bard and supports in general, did so on live as well for all the years, this issue was never really adressed, CLs and MLs helped a little though - no bards, no groups).
Running to Emain sucks.
Champions hit like a wet noodle and are mostly good for 1v1, they add barely anything to a group, they and VWs are pretty much non existant above level 30.
Leveling for everything else than Animist, Supports, Bomb and Mentalist sucks, but thats more of a general issue that is the fault of the player base on the server - I'd prefere a much bigger xp bonus for rarely grouped classes instead of the mob type bonuses for groups (keep those maybe for solo players).
Running to Emain sucks.
Hib classes are strong combined, but there is no "lulz I'm so imba" class like savages, BD, necro that attract at least some players.

An other issue for group setups: Void isn't viable at all since it can't even utilitze it's own debuffs in any way - hence there are only elemental resistance debuffs, limiting the setups and caster specs heavily.

Hib is good at PvE Farming though, but running to Emain sucks.

Edit:
Oh and on a personal note: since speed or stealth is mandatory here for solo RvR exceeding the range of the own wall and Battlebard is terrible on this server since he lacks OF Melodies and all the newer tools that made him playable hib doesn't really have any viable VISIBLE solo class.
Tue 7 May 2019 1:29 PM by Sepplord
Rallvein wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 10:42 AM
Runnig to Emain sucks.

[...]

Edit:
Oh and on a personal note: since speed or stealth is mandatory here for solo RvR exceeding the range of the own wall and Battlebard is terrible on this server since he lacks OF Melodies and all the newer tools that made him playable hib doesn't really have any viable VISIBLE solo class.

I believe these are the main reasons. Emain run was the reason me and my friends didn't end up in Hibernia. We went back and forth, since we would have really liked playing Hib-classes and smallmanning with Bard is very strong. But we also knew that IF the population drops below a certain threshold, then the action will be only found in emain. And running out there that long is fine when you are a set-group that dies 0-2times in a five hour RvR night, but when you are a smallmen of noobs having such a long traveltime put us of.

But that is the obvious argument....i think you also hit the nail on the head with the mention of battlebards. Bards are very strong in smallman-RvR but they suck solo. In Midgard (and probably Alb) many people have a minstrel on the side. For soloing or just to grab when speed is needed. More than half the people i know also have a Skald, and only 2 would have a bard. Being done with mainclass, not sure what to do? Make a Minstrel/Skald, it'll be fun. You can lvl solo or in group and Endgame you can solo,zergsurf or group. All ways open, can't go wrong with having this as an Alt. Bards? Levelling won't be that nice, and endgame you might be forced to always play it, since there aren't enough. When you fuck up though you'll get abused anyways (okokok i am exxaggerating a bit there, but it makes sense why there are so few bards)
Tue 7 May 2019 1:50 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Boric wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 8:25 PM
Let me try to rework this for you Amp, using your lingo.

#readingishard

As a 'casual / zerg / non 8man'

If you want to play Melee, you are going to roll Mid most likely as they have more enticing melee.
If you want to play Caster, you are going to roll Alb most likely as they have more enticing casters.
If you dont want to run for 10minutes per Emain fight, you will roll Mid/Alb.

For the casual/zerger I know where I would roll.

QQ less - That's what you obviously would do, don't blanket statement it for everyone else thinking you're right. #playingishard
Tue 7 May 2019 2:00 PM by Boric
Says the non-hib in a thread where someone is asking why Hib population trails by 10-20% at most times now.

Must be a new kid on the block
Tue 7 May 2019 2:21 PM by Sepplord
Boric wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 2:00 PM
10-20% at most times now.

overly exxaggerating numbers always helps to keep a discussion on track and reasonable

i doubt that it EVER is as low as 10%, but surely not most of the time.

20% might have happened..i haven't seen it, but i can't deny it for sure, but also not close to most of the time
Tue 7 May 2019 3:54 PM by Boric
Look at the 2-3 examples someone posted in thread.

In both examples Hib TRAILS the other populations by at least 10%, closer to 20%.

Reading and quoting a small portion of a sentence provides great discussion.
Tue 7 May 2019 4:51 PM by PingGuy
https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html

See: Average Population per Hour, and Realm Population Health

Hibs are consistently lower pop and have been for a while. They were actually the highest pop at launch, but that didn't last too long.
Tue 7 May 2019 7:47 PM by Drominchen
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 1:29 PM
Rallvein wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 10:42 AM
Runnig to Emain sucks.

[...]

Edit:

I believe these are the main reasons. Emain run was the reason me and my friends didn't end up in Hibernia. We went back and forth, since we would have really liked playing Hib-classes and smallmanning with Bard is very strong. But we also knew that IF the population drops below a certain threshold, then the action will be only found in emain. And running out there that long is fine when you are a set-group that dies 0-2times in a five hour RvR night, but when you are a smallmen of noobs having such a long traveltime put us of.

But that is the obvious argument....i think you also hit the nail on the head with the mention of battlebards. Bards are very strong in smallman-RvR but they suck solo. In Midgard (and probably Alb) many people have a minstrel on the side. For soloing or just to grab when speed is needed. More than half the people i know also have a Skald, and only 2 would have a bard. Being done with mainclass, not sure what to do? Make a Minstrel/Skald, it'll be fun. You can lvl solo or in group and Endgame you can solo,zergsurf or group. All ways open, can't go wrong with having this as an Alt. Bards? Levelling won't be that nice, and endgame you might be forced to always play it, since there aren't enough. When you fuck up though you'll get abused anyways (okokok i am exxaggerating a bit there, but it makes sense why there are so few bards)

A bit overexaggerated but yes bards on phoenix are weak for solo play. Main problem tho is as it always was with bards: solo spec is totally different from group spec. Skald is always the same spec, minstrel only loses anytime snare combo and a bit damage but gains side snare with solo slash vs grp thrust.
Wed 8 May 2019 6:16 AM by Ceen
Main speed char is difficult to play and your mistakes are pretty obvious to the grp, hence not many will play one + running to emain.

Hib is the best realm for 8vsZerg set grp and the worst for small / 8man pug / solo play, simply due to the Emain run.
Wed 8 May 2019 11:18 AM by Rallvein
Drominchen wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 7:47 PM
A bit overexaggerated but yes bards on phoenix are weak for solo play. Main problem tho is as it always was with bards: solo spec is totally different from group spec. Skald is always the same spec, minstrel only loses anytime snare combo and a bit damage but gains side snare with solo slash vs grp thrust.

I wouldn't say the spec is the main problem, the important part for a solo bard is the highest DD spell, high weapon is great, but the DD usually had the biggest impact in terms of points spend and you could (and I tried) run 43nur 44mus 12weap 20reg.

The problem is, that battlebard doesn't have any tools here - you always could utilize things like items, RAs, MLs and CLs for himself. Through OF you had a god mode with melodies, dodger and MoBlock to boost your defence to a goodish level - later zephyr, heal proc, arrogance and kiting the reversal, ML10 vest, pet proc weapons, CL disease, later the buffed CL dots with Wild Power, Zo'Arkat fumble and many many more - NONE of that is available here on phoenix, not even MoB so it's just damage versus damage with low WF and low Defence and if you're lucky you can heal youself up maybe twice. But even that isn't enough to outdamage your opponents here. There were times where battlebard could easily 1vsX, but here you hardly stand a chance 1vs1 against those classes that usually run solo - and this wouldn't change if you ran blue speed or something like that here for a 39 Weapon spec.
Wed 8 May 2019 1:33 PM by PingGuy
There is no disputing that the run to Emain is long and particularly fraught for visi solos. But one thing that still boggles the mind is the level 50 RvR imbalance between Hibernia and Albion. Yesterday mid-afternoon EST, Albs had a 100 person lead on Hibs in population, and Hibs had a 120 person lead on Albs in 50's in RvR. So it seems they are out there somewhere, but I didn't check the classes to see if it was mostly stealthers or what.

I get that the realms should be different, that's part of OF, and I'm fine with that. But when you have to do something over and over and over (add 1000 overs) just to participate in the main server activity, that extra distance (and more importantly, time) really suck the fun out of making that next trip. Run a Warden from DL or DC to Emain, and then run a Thuergist from Snowdonia to Hadrian's wall, and tell me it's easy to choose to continue doing that in Hibernia. They have the same speed on their run speed buffs so it's a direct comparison.

I really think the population of this server needs to get over its porting allergy. We see calls for NF and that comes with porting, so having OF shouldn't automatically disqualify some QoL focused porting changes. Maybe some targeted port locations instead of the Domination teleporters? Hib's longest distance is to Emain, for other realms there may be strategic locations that would be beneficial to have ports to also. We already have 2 minute timers and a level limit on the porters, lose the turn-in requirement (keep the turn-ins for their other purposes) and move the ports to beneficial locations for all realms. IDK, maybe that would help.
Thu 9 May 2019 5:40 AM by Azuell
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 2:21 PM
Boric wrote:

overly exxaggerating numbers always helps to keep a discussion on track and reasonable

20% might have happened..i haven't seen it, but i can't deny it for sure, but also not close to most of the time

# of 50s in RvR is a more accurate metric and it's even worse for hibs. Nighttime (Eastern Time zone) I see nearly double the amount of mids than hibs frequently.
Thu 9 May 2019 5:48 AM by Sepplord
Azuell wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 5:40 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Boric wrote:

# of 50s in RvR is a more accurate metric and it's even worse for hibs. Nighttime (Eastern Time zone) I see nearly double the amount of mids than hibs frequently.

even worse than what? worse than 10-20%?

double mids than hibs..... the lowest possible percentage for hib then would happen if there are the same amount of albs as mids. Then it would be 20%Hib / 40%Mid / 40%Alb. So even the extreme example of yours only leads to hibs at 20%.
10%hibs would require 45%mids/45%albs. That would mean there are 4.5times as many mids than hibs. More than twice as bad as the extreme example from your timezone.

That's what i mean with exxaggerating numbers. Especially since Borik claimed that 10%-20% at most.
Thu 9 May 2019 10:21 AM by Azuell
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 5:48 AM
Azuell wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 5:40 AM
Sepplord wrote:

even worse than what? worse than 10-20%?

double mids than hibs..... the lowest possible percentage for hib then would happen if there are the same amount of albs as mids. Then it would be 20%Hib / 40%Mid / 40%Alb. So even the extreme example of yours only leads to hibs at 20%.
10%hibs would require 45%mids/45%albs. That would mean there are 4.5times as many mids than hibs. More than twice as bad as the extreme example from your timezone.

That's what i mean with exxaggerating numbers. Especially since Borik claimed that 10%-20% at most.

You misread and misquoted Borik's post. It said hib population is trailing mid/alb by 10-20%. Not that hib population is 10-20% of the total population. So yes, my example is worse.
Thu 9 May 2019 10:45 AM by Sepplord
yes, i completely misread that (and it was clearly written...so full on me)... sorry

To my defense...one realm trailing another by only about 15% is pretty balanced. Especially in a three realm system.
What are the expectations if that is mentioned in a way that hints at a problem?
With RvR populations between 50 and 250players (on each realm) a single group logging off/in on one side swings the "trailing by"-percentage by multiple points
Thu 9 May 2019 1:45 PM by Boric
Last night at ~10pm EST there were approx 1000 total population (375a-350m-275h)

~100 mids
~120 albs
~60 hibs
In the frontiers.

When I did /serverinfo (memory not 100%) but our top classes were approx:
40 NS
40 Ranger
40 Animist
30 Druid
<20 of every other class.

Of that, for ~2hrs, there was 50ish man Alb and Mid zerg continually fighting in Emain no matter where the task zone was (why go to the task zone when you get the task tick in emain?)

Of the hibs we saw a total of 2 other 8mans (other than ours which was actually between 6-8man as people logged on / off).

Our options were.
a) Run around the task zone, mainly finding small mans to run over, or running into the same 8man caster group which we did not do well against (especially when we had less than 8).
b) Run for 10minutes to emain, to get rolled by the two large zergs.

We did option a for about 1hr and it got boring... Run over a few smaller mans, then get beat by the Alb caster 8man.
Then we moved to Option b for about 3 runs, and the fun of that faded fast.

So then most of us logged.

Now if Hibs had insta access to emain too, there would be a chance to get a few groups together (by organization, or just by running around and encountering more hibs).

Something needs to change, another large Hib EST guild is taking a break to play a different realm, so the numbers wont be getting better anytime soon for the Hibs.
Thu 9 May 2019 2:05 PM by Yokahu
Make it so that Hibs can port to DC, Mids to Bled, and Albs to Beno if they control those keeps!
Problem solved, plus great siege action
Thu 9 May 2019 4:13 PM by Azuell
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 10:45 AM
yes, i completely misread that (and it was clearly written...so full on me)... sorry

To my defense...one realm trailing another by only about 15% is pretty balanced. Especially in a three realm system.
What are the expectations if that is mentioned in a way that hints at a problem?
With RvR populations between 50 and 250players (on each realm) a single group logging off/in on one side swings the "trailing by"-percentage by multiple points

It's all good. I agree that 10-20% in total population is not significant which is why I brought up the level 50 RvR population as that is really what matters to me.

Yes, with an even lower sample size the percentage will fluctuate much more but I still feel one realm doubling the population of another is significant. I believe the couple nights I saw this, hibs had ~90 level 50s in RvR while the leading realm had ~175 and the other ~150.
Thu 9 May 2019 8:56 PM by russell_m89
Yokahu wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 2:05 PM
Make it so that Hibs can port to DC, Mids to Bled, and Albs to Beno if they control those keeps!
Problem solved, plus great siege action

This was going to be my suggestion as well.

Open ports with a controlled keep in the respective MG areas. What do you guys think this does? Just make Emain the one and only spot anyone ever goes? Maybe you could leave the task components the way they stand currently but then rotate a 25-50% increase in RPs based on zone on a 24h cycle? Mon fighting in Hib nets you 50% more RP, Tue its Alb, Wed its Mid, and so on?

Actually... this essentially forces people to play in areas they may not want to, I think that's a no-go. I am not sure, in that case. Maybe it's enough to open ports as long as you control every keep and a relic isn't in play.
Thu 9 May 2019 11:39 PM by BaldEagle
I've been telling the Devs since Beta that OF will eventually kill their server. They didn't want to listen. It is only a matter of time.
Fri 10 May 2019 9:11 AM by Sepplord
BaldEagle wrote:
Thu 9 May 2019 11:39 PM
I've been telling the Devs since Beta that OF will eventually kill their server. They didn't want to listen. It is only a matter of time.

Anything will eventually kill the server....everything is just a matter of time.
Spouting killerphrases doesn't add anything to your statement and doesn't help the discussion
Fri 10 May 2019 3:39 PM by russell_m89
BaldEagle wrote:

People and their naysayer attitudes is in fact what will do it at this rate. If you guys are unhappy with this iteration of DAoC, you should stop playing it. And stop whining to everyone about it's inevitable end. These posts are pointless and like a plague on this forum. I'm having a great time here and we should appreciate that the people who run this server do so with their own time, and all so we can have some more time on a game we used to, and still, clearly love.
Fri 10 May 2019 3:42 PM by BaldEagle
russell_m89 wrote:
Fri 10 May 2019 3:39 PM
BaldEagle wrote:

People and their naysayer attitudes is in fact what will do it at this rate. If you guys are unhappy with this iteration of DAoC, you should stop playing it. And stop whining to everyone about it's inevitable end. I'm having a great time here and we should appreciate that the people who run this server do so with their own time, and all so we can have some on a game we used to, and still, clearly love.

I appreciate them as well, which is why I spent so much time on Beta trying to offer suggestions and ideas for improvement. Some were taken, some where not. The vote for OF or NF was a 50/50 vote early on in the beta stage and mostly consisted of those who were on Uthgard, hence the reason for OF winning. I'm having a great time as well, but there is no denying that Hib pop is always the lowest due to the structure of OF and the face everyone wants to go to Emain and there is no porting. It is just a fact.
Fri 10 May 2019 3:55 PM by cere2
russell_m89 wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:

People and their naysayer attitudes is in fact what will do it at this rate. If you guys are unhappy with this iteration of DAoC, you should stop playing it. And stop whining to everyone about it's inevitable end. These posts are pointless and like a plague on this forum. I'm having a great time here and we should appreciate that the people who run this server do so with their own time, and all so we can have some more time on a game we used to, and still, clearly love.

I think if they had another vote now that everyone has gone to Emain again, I think almost every player that plays on hib would vote NF.
Any game that is this old needs to have qol's and advancement to keep the population. People say Live was garbage etc because of this or that, they learned from a lot of that and implemented solutions later on. Problem was that they took too long to make those fixes.
Before BS took over, Live IMO was excellent. The knife to it's heart was curse campaign, new company that took over didn't learn the mistakes of past, ie ToA grind....
and they just created a new grind.
Anyways point is, I think progression is a must on games like these. And as long as they don't repeat same mistakes BS did, they'll be just fine.

p.s. I know some love PvE, but if we all did a reality check, in today's gaming....DAoC is far from being fun/entertaining/visually astonishing etc when it comes to PvE. Nostalgia would be my guess as to all it would provide to those that enjoy PvE. Personally I detest it, but that's me.
Fri 10 May 2019 8:19 PM by Dominus
relvinian wrote:

Relvinian, let me know when you plan on coming over to help with the problem. I'll get you sorted out quickly. Great guild, good RvR, farming support etc.

But seriously, I think EVERYONE will agree that the action is in eMain. Doesn't matter that the kill task awards participation from kills in any realm if the majority of the action is in eMain. Hibs will never fully participate in RvR as a result of this mechanic. So, the Devs can choose to admit that players LOVE eMain and give Hib a port to Crauch or some other keep close to the action, or watch the Hibernian population continue to decline.
Sat 11 May 2019 1:00 AM by dbeattie71
When there are 45 level 50 BDs to Hibs 14 level 50 Wardens, being out numbered sucks but being out numbered against chain TWFs is brutal.
Sat 11 May 2019 10:39 AM by Leandrys
russell_m89 wrote:
People and their naysayer attitudes is in fact what will do it at this rate. If you guys are unhappy with this iteration of DAoC, you should stop playing it. And stop whining to everyone about it's inevitable end. These posts are pointless and like a plague on this forum. I'm having a great time here

You realize your post is the most egocentric ever made around here ?

The server is taking a huge and quick bad blow to its population, several problems OF related are plaguing the RvR and slowly pushing one realm to it's own collapse but all you have to add to debates is :

"I like it that way, my advice is the only thing that matters so please do not give your own one and do not ask for changes".

Ofc OF will slowly kill the server faster than it normally would, there are so many reasons why Mythic tried something with NF, ofc it wasn't any close from perfect hit guess what, you would at least have real RvR with objectives and Phoenix devs would have more ways to add interesting mechanics. And just this totally justifies we should never have go for that good old trash OF.
Sat 11 May 2019 3:53 PM by Prymer
I left hib last week for mid because of the emain run.
Sat 11 May 2019 10:55 PM by soiehib1337
People want ease and reward.
Playing hib is not easy and not rewarding.
People move. Not that complicated.

Hib on this server is nerfed and nerfed again. The regen pots mostly unbalance the game in favor of Alb mostly enabling them to run without a pal, and Mid a bit empowering the tanks with absolutely no ressource to manage any more (lol @no sta management). The NF RAs unbalance the game in favor of Mid mostly.
Hib has only 2 viable set up since you need a mentalist for a 2nd demezz while Mid is running with 2 demezz and Alb with between 2 and 4. Or the infamous Hib tank group. It actually works very well when you are 8L+. Too bad you need to get to 8L+ to be viable first.
Lastly, since if you don't have the tank group you'll probably running in a gimp group or a full caster group, you're nerfed again by the melee non-variance and the range melees can hit that is probably like never seen before (around 400 unit range).

Nerfed, nerfed, nerfed again.
Oh and you need to run longer than the others to the main zone too. Yeepee.

Fixes : remove regen pots, bring back OF RAs, fix melee variance and range. Thx. Since I don't believe OF RA will ever be brought back because people need their 10 mins timers to not feel they have to actually play correctly, regen pots and variance/range will do it.
Sat 11 May 2019 11:30 PM by dbeattie71
soiehib1337 wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019 10:55 PM

Hib on this server is nerfed and nerfed again. The regen pots mostly unbalance the game in favor of Alb mostly enabling them to run without a pal, and Mid a bit empowering the tanks with absolutely no ressource to manage any more (lol @no sta management). The NF RAs unbalance the game in favor of Mid mostly.
Hib has only 2 viable set up since you need a mentalist for a 2nd demezz while Mid is running with 2 demezz and Alb with between 2 and 4. Or the infamous Hib tank group. It actually works very well when you are 8L+. Too bad you need to get to 8L+ to be viable first.
Lastly, since if you don't have the tank group you'll probably running in a gimp group or a full caster group, you're nerfed again by the melee non-variance and the range melees can hit that is probably like never seen before (around 400 unit range).

Fixes : remove regen pots, bring back OF RAs, fix melee variance and range. Thx. Since I don't believe OF RA will ever be brought back because people need their 10 mins timers to not feel they have to actually play correctly, regen pots and variance/range will do it.

Don't forget, in any fight Mid will have an abundance of TWF, hib and alb, not so much. Last check, Mid had 30 level 50 BDs to Hibs 10 Wardens and Albs 8 Reavers :O
Sat 11 May 2019 11:46 PM by Dariussdars
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019 11:30 PM
soiehib1337 wrote:

Don't forget, in any fight Mid will have an abundance of TWF, hib and alb, not so much. Last check, Mid had 30 level 50 BDs to Hibs 10 Wardens and Albs 8 Reavers :O

Most of the level 50 BDs on are farming, not out in RvR.
Sat 11 May 2019 11:50 PM by dbeattie71
Dariussdars wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019 11:46 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
soiehib1337 wrote:

Right, some other Mid class must get TWF then.
Sun 12 May 2019 12:13 AM by Dariussdars
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019 11:50 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:

So all 30 of the level 50 BDs are out in RvR with TWF? At any given time, less than half are out in RvR. Not sure why you all keep trying to assert that BDs are everywhere in RvR. They aren't. More than half are FARMING, since it is the only decent class Mid has to farm with.

22 level 50 BDs, 12 out in the frontier, spread across 5 different zones. They are everywhere.
Sun 12 May 2019 12:22 AM by dbeattie71
Dariussdars wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 12:13 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019 11:50 PM
Dariussdars wrote:

So all 30 of the level 50 BDs are out in RvR with TWF? At any given time, less than half are out in RvR. Not sure why you all keep trying to assert that BDs are everywhere in RvR. They aren't. More than half are FARMING, since it is the only decent class Mid has to farm with.

22 level 50 BDs, 12 out in the frontier, spread across 5 different zones. They are everywhere.

Well if you don’t see a problem with it, it must be fine.

Edit: only class mid has to farm with? Ever heard of a cave shaman?
Sun 12 May 2019 12:50 AM by relvinian
Hib needs luv.
Sun 12 May 2019 12:58 AM by Leandrys
Dariussdars wrote:

Be serious please, there are a lot of BDs in RvR, they just are everywhere, we took a fight at Nott tonight, 9 TWF in less than 3 minutes, like 15-20 commanders and bones everywhere, this is just stupid. Almost every keep we took tonight = 1-3 magical TWF coming from nowhere. Kinky bones. That class and skalds (topkek phoenix's skalds with deter btw, nice job DEVS, /clap) break the balance between realm's populations, easy fix = byebye TWF for every realms, that RA is just retarded right here, it wasn't designed to be used at crowds without ML resists and without HP overcaps/capped buffs.

And also be serious with stuff like "it is the only decent class Mid has to farm with", seriously, this is just painful to read, nobody just a bit better than 100% new to daoc will laugh at it.
Sun 12 May 2019 1:32 AM by Dariussdars
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 12:58 AM
Dariussdars wrote:

Be serious please, there are a lot of BDs in RvR, they just are everywhere, we took a fight at Nott tonight, 9 TWF in less than 3 minutes, like 15-20 commanders and bones everywhere, this is just stupid. Almost every keep we took tonight = 1-3 magical TWF coming from nowhere. Kinky bones. That class and skalds (topkek phoenix's skalds with deter btw, nice job DEVS, /clap) break the balance between realm's populations, easy fix = byebye TWF for every realms, that RA is just retarded right here, it wasn't designed to be used at crowds without ML resists and without HP overcaps/capped buffs.

And also be serious with stuff like "it is the only decent class Mid has to farm with", seriously, this is just painful to read, nobody just a bit better than 100% new to daoc will laugh at it.
Yeah, those Skalds with determination and ZERO stoicism are such a huge imbalance. BD>Cave shaman for farming 24/7/365. Which class do you think is a better/easier farming class than a BD?

I did a /who bone 50, and there were a total of 12 spread across 5 RvR zones. Sucks that facts disprove your little "they are everywhere" fantasy you and a lot of others cling to. It simply isn't true.
Sun 12 May 2019 1:48 AM by Leandrys
Yeah, sure, fantasy, freaking shameless liar. Three hours ago we had almost 30 BD's pets and minions i front of us at Nott, and a few more BD's splitted in 3 more groups running around the zone, but it's ok, cherrypicking, more than some hobby, a lifestyle. Yesterday at eras, same story, a freaking bus of BD's pets turning around keep cause of stupid LOS and a crapload of TWF seconds later inside the keep. But no, imagination, lies, LIES, MIDGARD SUFFERS, MOST BDs farm in PVE.

And poor, poor skalds, deter 9 so useless, so much needed. Wait, there is a problem right there, some kinda of oxymoron.

And last kek but not least, shaman's droped rogs are hammers, shields and chain armor parts. = Arca. = profits. BD's rogs are staves and clothes. Know the difference ? Think we're still at the axehand's farm stage with recent patch to farming ? And do you even know how many OJ a crappy and unstuffed 2L cave sham can pull at the same time ? And what about blue/yellow hagbuis that can be pulled by 15-20 at the same times without any real downtime ? Realize the current profits now the vanilla salvage loot's droprates have been badly nerfed ?

I play on the two realms, Midgard is by far the no brainer choice when you're looking for the easy way, easy to PVE, easy to stuff, easy to solo rvr, easy to farm, easy to play for most classes, easy to bus, easy to small man, easy to roam, maybe there's something here related with current population's levels, don't you think ?

Or people just love snow ?
Sun 12 May 2019 4:16 AM by dbeattie71
Leandrys wrote:
Dariussdars wrote:

Yeah, ever keep take is a TWF joke show. Any fights in the open field or at a mg with mids, TWF spam, try getting out of 4 TWF's lol.
Sun 12 May 2019 6:20 AM by Drominchen
Dariussdars wrote:
I did a /who bone 50, and there were a total of 12 spread across 5 RvR zones. Sucks that facts disprove your little "they are everywhere" fantasy you and a lot of others cling to. It simply isn't true.

you do know what /anon does?
Sun 12 May 2019 3:50 PM by Dariussdars
Drominchen wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 6:20 AM
Dariussdars wrote:

You do know not everyone uses /anon, right?
Sun 12 May 2019 3:51 PM by Dariussdars
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:16 AM
Leandrys wrote:
Dariussdars wrote:

Yeah, ever keep take is a TWF joke show. Any fights in the open field or at a mg with mids, TWF spam, try getting out of 4 TWF's lol.

Try dealing with shrooms and tanglers, which is exactly what TWF does. You guys cry almost as much as Albs do.
Sun 12 May 2019 3:54 PM by Dariussdars
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 1:48 AM
Yeah, sure, fantasy, freaking shameless liar. Three hours ago we had almost 30 BD's pets and minions i front of us at Nott, and a few more BD's splitted in 3 more groups running around the zone, but it's ok, cherrypicking, more than some hobby, a lifestyle. Yesterday at eras, same story, a freaking bus of BD's pets turning around keep cause of stupid LOS and a crapload of TWF seconds later inside the keep. But no, imagination, lies, LIES, MIDGARD SUFFERS, MOST BDs farm in PVE.

And poor, poor skalds, deter 9 so useless, so much needed. Wait, there is a problem right there, some kinda of oxymoron.

And last kek but not least, shaman's droped rogs are hammers, shields and chain armor parts. = Arca. = profits. BD's rogs are staves and clothes. Know the difference ? Think we're still at the axehand's farm stage with recent patch to farming ? And do you even know how many OJ a crappy and unstuffed 2L cave sham can pull at the same time ? And what about blue/yellow hagbuis that can be pulled by 15-20 at the same times without any real downtime ? Realize the current profits now the vanilla salvage loot's droprates have been badly nerfed ?

I play on the two realms, Midgard is by far the no brainer choice when you're looking for the easy way, easy to PVE, easy to stuff, easy to solo rvr, easy to farm, easy to play for most classes, easy to bus, easy to small man, easy to roam, maybe there's something here related with current population's levels, don't you think ?

Or people just love snow ?

Derp, because obviously when there are 30 more Mids on than Albs it is because Mid is so overpowered.
Sun 12 May 2019 4:03 PM by dbeattie71
Dariussdars wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 3:51 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Leandrys wrote:

Try dealing with shrooms and tanglers, which is exactly what TWF does. You guys cry almost as much as Albs do.

All 15 shrooms? Omg!
Sun 12 May 2019 4:10 PM by Dariussdars
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:03 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:

All 15 shrooms? Omg!

One TWF! OMG! You are obviously playing in the wrong realm. Your whines have Alb written all over them.
Sun 12 May 2019 4:22 PM by dbeattie71
Dariussdars wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:10 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Dariussdars wrote:

All 15 shrooms? Omg!

One TWF! OMG! You are obviously playing in the wrong realm. Your whines have Alb written all over them.

Alb? Albs have less access to TWF than hibs, last night there were level 50: 30 BDs, 14 Wardens, 9 Reavers. But its ok, if you don't see a problem, I'm sure its ok.
Sun 12 May 2019 4:23 PM by Dariussdars
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:22 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
All 15 shrooms? Omg!

Alb? Albs have less access to TWF than hibs, last night there were level 50: 30 BDs, 14 Wardens, 9 Reavers. But its ok, if you don't see a problem, I'm sure its ok.
I'm comparing your CONSTANT whining to the toxic whining of Alb only players that has gone on since the game released genius. Hib has some awesome classes, yet all you do is whine and cry about Skalds and BDs.

Already explained to you that there were 12 level 50 BDs in RvR, and strangely enough, not all of them were in the same zone. They were in Uppland, Emain, Hadrians, Snowdonia, and Jamtland. It doesn't matter how many times you check /serverinfo to get a number, when I or any other Mid that is on can check and see where they actually are ingame.

The other 18 level 50 BDs were in Malm, Vanern, Jordheim, or in housing. They were farming, which is what a lot of BDs are actually used for.
Sun 12 May 2019 4:49 PM by Morakyr
Dariussdars wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:23 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Dariussdars wrote:

I'm comparing your CONSTANT whining to the toxic whining of Alb only players that has gone on since the game released genius. Hib has some awesome classes, yet all you do is whine and cry about Skalds and BDs.

Already explained to you that there were 12 level 50 BDs in RvR, and strangely enough, not all of them were in the same zone. They were in Uppland, Emain, Hadrians, Snowdonia, and Jamtland. It doesn't matter how many times you check /serverinfo to get a number, when I or any other Mid that is on can check and see where they actually are ingame.

The other 18 level 50 BDs were in Malm, Vanern, Jordheim, or in housing. They were farming, which is what a lot of BDs are actually used for.

This game does bring back that classic DAOC feel lol
Sun 12 May 2019 4:53 PM by Dariussdars
Morakyr wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:49 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:

How many Hib and Mid classes were gutted due to all the wanna be King Arthur fanbois constantly crying for nerfs?
Sun 12 May 2019 5:05 PM by Morakyr
Dariussdars wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:53 PM
Morakyr wrote:
Dariussdars wrote:

How many Hib and Mid classes were gutted due to all the wanna be King Arthur fanbois constantly crying for nerfs?

I played prior to stun and mezz immunity. Players would keep you mezzed for chuckles. Sometimes changes are needed. Sometimes it hits "you".

Game happens.
Sun 12 May 2019 5:33 PM by Drominchen
Dariussdars wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 3:50 PM
Drominchen wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 6:20 AM
Dariussdars wrote:

You do know not everyone uses /anon, right?

No not everyone but there could still be 20-50 bds out there anon so your serverinfo is no viable info. seeing 20+ bds at keep fights with your own eyes is viable info tho.
Mon 13 May 2019 10:12 AM by soiehib1337
Morakyr wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 5:05 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
Sun 12 May 2019 4:53 PM
Morakyr wrote:

I played prior to stun and mezz immunity. Players would keep you mezzed for chuckles. Sometimes changes are needed. Sometimes it hits "you".

Game happens.

This was fun times. And SB 2H PA not breaking stealth.
However, no one ever contested this change, it was a good change.

Some changes are good, some are bad. And when it hits you or everyone, it makes sense to try and reverse the change.
Mon 13 May 2019 11:54 AM by Sepplord
quite a few people need to learn about the /u command instead of always discussing RvR-balance because of /serverinfo
Thu 16 May 2019 8:12 AM by akeem_the_dream
I play only on Hib and can say Hib is fine. If RVR Task is in Hib, we come to Emain. The other 2 hours we roam around in hw or og. You dont need to go as stealther to emain, you will find enough enemies in hw or og
Mon 27 May 2019 7:10 PM by tweedledumb99
Alb is the "normal European Medieval" realm.

Viking is the metal realm.

Hib looks like they made a game out of Lucky Charms lore.

I love it, obviously, cause Hib's all I play, but I think that's a part of it at least.
Tue 28 May 2019 1:19 PM by vxr
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 7:10 PM
Alb is the "normal European Medieval" realm.

Tue 28 May 2019 10:07 PM by sugaree
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Mon 27 May 2019 7:10 PM

I love it, obviously, cause Hib's all I play, but I think that's a part of it at least.

Hib was partially modeled after Florida which is why we're stuck with crab grass all over the damn realm. It's become so bad it's on both sides of our border keeps, it's everywhere!

This is probably what makes the long run to Emain so painful. It's the grass. It's fucking terrible on your feet, especially if you wear cloth. If you're in scale boots you've got no room to complain.

I'm going to blame <Hibster Lawncare Inc> for this lack of upkeep.
Wed 29 May 2019 2:27 PM by Turt
i despise emain. never expect a "clean" 8v8 in emain. you will always have an add on one side or the other. stealther haven.
Thu 13 Jun 2019 10:05 AM by Tillbeast
I was going to reply to this thread a while back but I have since had an opportunity to play phoenix with hibernians. I have now played roughly 50% of my time with either midgards or hibernians, I started as mids as I I have always been a die hard mid but my friends joined up as hibernians (they were never the smartest of friends) a few months after launch. About a month later I joined them although I was reluctant to leave a rather established mid group of characters.

Over on mid you hear all these horror stories about the hib community, about how hostile it is, its rampant elitism and how expensive everything is etc. First thing first the hib community is not hostile in the least, it was as helpful and friendly as the mid community. I cannot comment on albions community as I have not played albion on phoenix. You always got the odd bad apple and there were the trolls who trolled for fun rather than to be hostile, there is a difference!

However the other two factors of elitism and expense are what is holding the Hibernian faction back and they are obvious reasons why less people play hib then the other two realms. Yes the run out to emain was an issue but not as bad as the other issues in my opinion.

Elitism in hib is aweful. Unless you are a favoured class getting groups is really difficult making the levelling progress slower for those classes. This even crosses over to rvr. I will be on my low rr warden and I will lfg in rvr bg and get a quick invite yet if my ranger rarely gets invites. Its not like that on mid, ok I may have had to wait 10-15 min for invite on my hunter but I would get an invite but on my ranger I could be waiting over an hour. If I start a group on my ranger quite often the players invited will leave when they see my class. My first hib toon was a mentalist and when he is lfg he is often asked am I PoM spec and as he is not (PoM spec is aweful for rvr) I quite often get ignored. Also hibs have it in their heads that casters are the way to go, enchanters, eldrichts and animists wherever you look so tanks tend to get over looked. You can tell players who have played mid more than hibs when you are in thidranki when the hib group of bard, druid and melee train of champions bm's and heros just own everything in sight. I think this has also something to do with playstyle, mids are extremely aggressive and I found especially in thid when I was driving hibs would quite often hold back being more use to the caster playstyle. At 50 I rarely see hib melee train groups which makes it harder for hib melee to advance.

The economy in Hibernia is completely borked and its all because of either animists or the lack of players who regularly run epic raids. Everything is too expensive and this holds players back. The last change to salvage gear drops has just made it even worst. I have played about 2 more weeks on mid then I have on hibs and I have 6 level 50 mids fully template out, good templates too not just basic ones. I also have enough feathers to fit out another 2 characters if I so wish. Hibs I have a mentalist, a ranger, a warden and a hero. My mentalist has a goodish template but none of the others have any template and I got prob about half the feathers available to spend that I spent on my mentalist (think menty was 50k feathers, all my mids were 75k+ feather cost). This is not that bad if you have 1 or 2 characters but for players like me who like to play all type of characters it becomes impossible to play simply because I would get bored playing the same class for any extended period of time. Hib is the only realm where you need a classs to compete. If you not got an animist you cannot afford a template...3p would get you 15k feathers in mid whereas I have seen it as high as 8-9p for 15k feathers in hib. On mid the bd is often used as a gold generator but it is nowhere as effective as an animist. Hibs I feel shoot themselves in the foot, if prices were more reasonable templating would be easier and it would attract players to the faction not cause them to leave or not try hibs at all.

With regards classes I do feel mids edge hibs but that could be more to the fact that I am use to the mid style of play. Seeing pbt and twf on a rather passive class does not seem right, twf should really be on an offensive class in my opinion. Things seem to be a little muddled up but that's prob more to do my inexperience with hibs. I guess every realm has its advantage and sometimes the grass seems greener on other side, lost count of how many times I hear mids complaining about silly range amnesia, every hib and their dog having stun and shrooms everywhere. I hear on hib a lot of complaints about bds (which trust me bds are no where near the power they are on live with bots behind them).

I think the hib players are great and the groups I have been in have been fun but I would had never tried Hibernia due to its economy and if my friends had not tried Hibernia or if they ever stopped playing I would move back to Midgard without hesitation.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics