Shar Ranger Level 50 Spec

Started 17 Apr 2019
by Opticx
in Hibernia
Any help would be awesome.

Thanks
Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:35 AM by cere2
at low rr it's not going to matter much, always 39 blades minimum, comp stealth, so I would probably go 37 since rr3 is almost given.
and use the free respec at rr4 to change it to 36....past that I would either go 35 bow 16 PF rest cd, or....if you aren't fully templated..Id go 50 PF 39 blades rest bow, and respec once templated and have all the pots and /uses etc
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:58 AM by dbeattie71
50PF, 39blades, 35st, 22cd, rest bow
Thu 18 Apr 2019 3:49 PM by Horus
No matter what you do you will not be melee feasible until higher RR where you can get at least purge 2 and quite a bit of ignore pain. I'm guessing you chose shar so you could go melee...

You still should rely on your bow for early rps. You will get destroyed by every SB , skald, minstrel, and infilt out there. Just expect it. Maybe as a shar you might leave them with a bit less life than a keen but you will still lose every time.

So my suggestion...try to milk as many RPS as you can with bow...add on fights, kill yellow levelers, zerg surf, join keep take BGs.

I would go..
35 stealth
40 bow
39 blades
40 PF
4 CD

At least you can get used to using the blade styles as you try in vain to fight back in melee. Many like 18 CD for the side stun but it is not as good here (4 sec). I personally find it tricky to land and I end up wasting swings on it. Fights are over so fast you want every swing to count. If you can tolerate it to higher RR where you can respec to melee RAs, then respec to more CD, PF or blades.

Just my opinion. I have a rr6 keen pierce ranger and a RR4 Celt blades ranger.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:01 PM by dbeattie71
Horus wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 3:49 PM
No matter what you do you will not be melee feasible until higher RR where you can get at least purge 2 and quite a bit of ignore pain. I'm guessing you chose shar so you could go melee...

You still should rely on your bow for early rps. You will get destroyed by every SB , skald, minstrel, and infilt out there. Just expect it. Maybe as a shar you might leave them with a bit less life than a keen but you will still lose every time.

So my suggestion...try to milk as many RPS as you can with bow...add on fights, kill yellow levelers, zerg surf, join keep take BGs.

I would go..
35 stealth
40 bow
39 blades
40 PF
4 CD

At least you can get used to using the blade styles as you try in vain to fight back in melee. Many like 18 CD for the side stun but it is not as good here (4 sec). I personally find it tricky to land and I end up wasting swings on it. Fights are over so fast you want every swing to count. If you can tolerate it to higher RR where you can respec to melee RAs, then respec to more CD, PF or blades.

I was hanging with 50 infs and SBs at 49 without IP, templated of course.

Yesterday in DF I found this RR7 inf, kniv, purge was down and I ate a PA/CD. End result, he had to vanish to avoid losing. I have a video of that one.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:02 PM by Horus
dbeattie71 wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:01 PM
Horus wrote:

I would go..
35 stealth
40 bow
39 blades
40 PF
4 CD

Yesterday in DF I found this RR7 inf, kniv, purge was down and I ate a PA/CD. End result, he had to vanish to avoid losing. I have a video of that one.

I'd like to see that vid. Warms my heart when that happens.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:20 AM by Opticx
Thanks for the info.. very helpful.

Now... are there specific items I should be goin for on my template?

Right now I have Galla chest, SI neck, pooka cloak, melee ring from dragon. Anything else that would help?
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:28 AM by dbeattie71
Opticx wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:20 AM
Thanks for the info.. very helpful.

Now... are there specific items I should be goin for on my template?

Right now I have Galla chest, SI neck, pooka cloak, melee ring from dragon. Anything else that would help?

Legion heart. S/c charge item if one of those doesn’t have it. I don’t use d/q or af charges.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:29 AM by dbeattie71
Horus wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:02 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:01 PM
Horus wrote:

I would go..
35 stealth
40 bow
39 blades
40 PF
4 CD

I'd like to see that vid. Warms my heart when that happens.

I’ll try and throw it on YouTube tonight.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:45 PM by Inkwell84
Probably want +buff gear for applying self buffs?
Mon 22 Apr 2019 1:52 PM by Dominus
at RR5, My shar is 35 stealth, 44 blades, 16 CD, 35 bow and 36 PF (for yellow dmg add). Buffed stats shown with dex/qui and str/con charges and combined forces.

I'm VERY happy with both bow and melee damage on this build.

Mon 22 Apr 2019 7:51 PM by Auranyte
Dominus wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 1:52 PM
at RR5, My shar is 35 stealth, 44 blades, 16 CD, 35 bow and 36 PF (for yellow dmg add). Buffed stats shown with dex/qui and str/con charges and combined forces.

I'm VERY happy with both bow and melee damage on this build.

Judging by the numbers... you did 12 str 12 dex 6 con for starting stats.. and have aug str 5 and aug dex 4. Is that correct? Also seems like you are using your lvl 30 str buff to get that as well. As I have a similar build (Celt though) I'm trying to compare. Also assume you have zero bow based RAs.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 8:24 PM by Dominus
yes on all accounts, nice detective work.. I do have FE 2, Purge 2, IP 2, LW and Tire.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 8:40 PM by Auranyte
Yeah my numbers were coming up short of yours, it was the starting stats that were the differences. Surprised you didn't go MoPain instead of FE, unless thats your next purchase.

What speed bow do you run? The setup I'm in the process of spellcrafting is using a 5.2 bow atm. Although I'm using MoArchery atm to lower its draw speed to something closer to what I want. (Although I'll never get back to my old NF/ToA setup of Fools Bow, +93qui buff and %archery speed.)
Thu 25 Apr 2019 6:14 PM by Horus
Anyone ever done any stealth testing? Wondering if 50 composite is even worth it given the detection rules here...esp if you are melee heavy and not necessarily trying to avoid other stealthers.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 9:07 PM by Roks
I like 40PF 39b 35 bow 35 stealth 18cd.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 10:09 AM by Tamy
Does anybody know what's the exact str-difference between the L.30 and the L.39 str-buff?

These are currently my favorite builds:

Bow 35
Stealth 35
Blades 39
CD 21 / 26
PF 39 / 36

Thanks,
Tamy
Tue 30 Apr 2019 4:25 PM by Drominchen
buff value is tooltip if spec (incl. bonus) < spell level and 1.25 x tooltip if spec (incl. bonus) is spell level or higher.

ranger buffs are spec buff (you always have to spec as high as the spell level to get the buff) so you always have the 1.25 multiplier.
Dunno how rounding is here on Phoenix.

lvl 30 buff should be 34 x 1.25 = 42
lvl 39 buff should be 41 x 1.25 = 51
lvl 50 buff should be 50 x 1.25 = 62

I am tending to this spec till rr5 tho 50 pf is also a nice option.
37 stealth
39 blades
42 pf
34 cd
12 bow
Wed 1 May 2019 9:20 AM by Cadebrennus
Horus wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 6:14 PM
Anyone ever done any stealth testing? Wondering if 50 composite is even worth it given the detection rules here...esp if you are melee heavy and not necessarily trying to avoid other stealthers.

There is really no point in using stealth to hide from other stealthers. I only used stealth to hide from visis, even on live
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics