Eldritch RA help

Started 11 Apr 2019
by bigne88
in Hibernia
Greetings fellas.

I'm going for my 4L and still I'm plenty of doubts about witch RA are bis on Phoenix.
I got tireless, longwind, serenity1, purge 2, mcl1, and some rank 1/2 of the various aug dex and acuity, and moa etc.

For istance serenity 1 is ok or a waste? Aug acuity?
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:28 PM by Tritri
Got purge 1 lw1 tireless and then only passive RA

I hardly ever run out of mana with eld, they are the ones that consume the less mana of all hib casters since they use NS / Disease / debuff
And I don' t even have the charge mana from legion, planning on taking it soon

I prefere to have hard hitting spells so that when I enter the assist I actually help killing people over hitting like shit, not killing anything and have plenty of mana to not deal enough damage to kill my target

Though I do drink plenty of potions, everytime I get rupt I try to use a pot'

Right now I think I have
Purge 1
LW 1
Tireless
MoF 2 (needed for spec DD, NS, disease, DD snare, debuff... planning on taking MoF 3 some time soon)
Acu 3
Dex 3
MM 4
MoA 4
WP 5
Fri 12 Apr 2019 4:35 PM by bigne88
I see, thanks for sharing. Witch legion mana rec are you talking about?
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:52 PM by Inkwell84
Tritri wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:28 PM

I hardly ever run out of mana with eld, they are the ones that consume the less mana of all hib casters since they use NS / Disease / debuff

I prefere to have hard hitting spells so that when I enter the assist I actually help killing people over hitting like shit, not killing anything and have plenty of mana to not deal enough damage to kill my target

Right now I think I have
Purge 1
LW 1
Tireless
MoF 2 (needed for spec DD, NS, disease, DD snare, debuff... planning on taking MoF 3 some time soon)
Acu 3
Dex 3
MM 4
MoA 4
WP 5

This is correct
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:02 PM by Goforit
I agree: Dmg is more important than power. Serenity 1 is ok, but I wouldnt go higher.
I would take:
Purge 2
and then MM, Acu, Dex, MoA, WP as high as you can.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:18 AM by bigne88
Tritri wrote:

Right now I think I have
Purge 1
LW 1
Tireless
Acu 3
Dex 3
MM 4
MoA 4
WP 5

Sorry to necro but why MOF? With template and RA I get composite 50 to both light and mana, why would you take mof?
Mon 29 Apr 2019 11:06 AM by Lollie
So is Decimation Trap no good? it always looks like a fun ability to use, place at keep doors or mile gates etc
Mon 29 Apr 2019 11:43 AM by moe_Jiller
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:18 AM
Tritri wrote:

Right now I think I have
Purge 1
LW 1
Tireless
Acu 3
Dex 3
MM 4
MoA 4
WP 5

Sorry to necro but why MOF? With template and RA I get composite 50 to both light and mana, why would you take mof?

Composite spec only alters your dmg variance, MoF actually raises the spell Level, which is the deciding factor for spell resists.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:56 PM by Ardri
bigne88 wrote:

Some terrible specs/advice here.

For resists, only the lvl of the spell matters. So lvl 40 spell has 15% resist rate whereas lvl 50 spell has 10% (0.5% per lvl). MoF 2 only costs 2 ra points and increases all your spells lvls by 6 (3% resist rate). Pretty cost efficient for just 2 ra points.

As for not running out of power on eld...if you're playing the class right you will, pretty quickly. You should be double stat debuffing every 5s which takes a lot of power, plus everything else, plus nuking multiple people into the dirt. You need to run blue/yellow regen pots, insta power pots, legion power charge, mcl1.

RA Spec, in this order:
lw1, tire1, seren1
Purge 2 (don't be that guy who only gets purge 1, it's bad)
Ichor 1 (1875 range uninterruptible, learn to use it)
MCL1 (efficient 3pt cost/power return)
MoF2 (see above)
MoTA 5 (self explanatory)
WP 5 (gives the most dmg for the least points, look at crit table)

That's a base line every eld should have.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 10:13 PM by bigne88
Ardri wrote:
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:56 PM
bigne88 wrote:

Some terrible specs/advice here.

For resists, only the lvl of the spell matters. So lvl 40 spell has 15% resist rate whereas lvl 50 spell has 10% (0.5% per lvl). MoF 2 only costs 2 ra points and increases all your spells lvls by 6 (3% resist rate). Pretty cost efficient for just 2 ra points.

As for not running out of power on eld...if you're playing the class right you will, pretty quickly. You should be double stat debuffing every 5s which takes a lot of power, plus everything else, plus nuking multiple people into the dirt. You need to run blue/yellow regen pots, insta power pots, legion power charge, mcl1.

RA Spec, in this order:
lw1, tire1, seren1
Purge 2 (don't be that guy who only gets purge 1, it's bad)
Ichor 1 (1875 rage uninterruptible, learn to use it)
MCL1 (efficient 3pt cost/power return)
MoF2 (see above)
MoTA 5 (self explanatory)
WP 5 (gives the most dmg for the least points, look at crit table)

That's a base line every eld should have.

Ty for the point. What about aug dex?
Wed 1 May 2019 2:15 PM by Seigmoraig
Aug Dex to get to highest cast speed, use this calculator to see where you need to get to depending on race/starting points

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2702
Wed 1 May 2019 4:59 PM by Ardri
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 30 Apr 2019 10:13 PM

Point for point, MoTA (% increase) is > Aug Dex (flat dex) increase. But RA costs scale up and aren't as RA point efficient after lvl 5. The most RA efficient, bang for buck, sweet spot is MoTA 5 and Aug Dex 5. It just depends what RA's you value are most important as to the order; cast speed/actives/dmg?

For casters imo: Actives > MoTA 5 (cast speed) > WP 5 > Aug Dex 5 (cast speed)

Personally, i only put left over 1-4 ra points into aug dex after everything else (when realm respec'ing etc) until like RR7-8 where you have plenty of points.
Thu 2 May 2019 1:34 AM by bigne88
Ardri wrote:
Wed 1 May 2019 4:59 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 30 Apr 2019 10:13 PM

Point for point, MoTA (% increase) is > Aug Dex (flat dex) increase. But RA costs scale up and aren't as RA point efficient after lvl 5. The most RA efficient, bang for buck, sweet spot is MoTA 5 and Aug Dex 5. It just depends what RA's you value are most important as to the order; cast speed/actives/dmg?

For casters imo: Actives > MoTA 5 (cast speed) > WP 5 > Aug Dex 5 (cast speed)

Personally, i only put left over 1-4 ra points into aug dex after everything else (when realm respec'ing etc) until like RR7-8 where you have plenty of points.

I see.
Purge 3 can be delayed?
I'm running split spec 39/37, is MoF 4 overkill? For istance the NS is lvl 36 (or maybe even less)
Thu 2 May 2019 2:58 AM by shintacki
Im the same spec and I doubt I will ever go over MoF2. It gets too costly for the benefit and honestly nearsight and aoe disease dont get resisted enough for me to feel like I need to go any higher.
Wed 8 May 2019 11:00 PM by Keelia
I wouldnt worry about wild power I till you are at least RR6+. Elds are support and you have many other RAs before that. Surprised no one has said MoC 1, it’s great for uninterrupted interrupting. I moc a lot and lock down healers from 2300 range. Not saying never dd, but you’ll do more for the group by playing support and only assisting if a hard assist is called.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics