Creep or Verd?

Started 11 Apr 2019
by Scout123
in Hibernia
For leveling an animist, which spec is better? I know you can respect whenever you want, but I want to know what everyone thinks. I'm new to the animist class, so I'm also looking for some strategy for each.

Verdant is the pbae group spec. For this I set up the harbinger pet, somewhere between myself and the camp. Do I set up hearts behind harbinger? Then group pulls to pet and I spam pbae.

Creep is the solo spec. You set up your snare pet between yourself and camp, and hearts behind it. Do you use a spore spewer to pull to pet?

Do you go full into one or the other, or is there a benefit in splitting? As for FnF hearts, do you use the highest level available to you?

What are some other tips for solo/group play I might not know as someone who hasn't played an animist?

RAs: MCL/Serenity?
Thu 11 Apr 2019 1:54 PM by Dominus
as Verdant, you'll only have your tank shroom out, and let eldy/chanters do the damage. Your job is simply to taunt to your pet. You have a long last abs buff and a short lasting abs buff to help with your pet survive ability.

At level 50 a split spec of 37 creep and 39 verd is good (or is it 39/37).

MCL2, serenity 3 is great for a farmer toon
Thu 11 Apr 2019 3:48 PM by Scout123
Dominus wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 1:54 PM
as Verdant, you'll only have your tank shroom out, and let eldy/chanters do the damage. Your job is simply to taunt to your pet. You have a long last abs buff and a short lasting abs buff to help with your pet survive ability.

At level 50 a split spec of 37 creep and 39 verd is good (or is it 39/37).

MCL2, serenity 3 is great for a farmer toon
Appreciate the reply! So I learned a bit about going verdant spec in groups. Do I have it right that creep is better for solo?
I see Verd has BT, do I keep that specced a little even when creep?
Thu 11 Apr 2019 4:24 PM by Dominus
yes, creeping for solo. You'll use less mana casting your turrets. Basically, the split spec is the best of both lines.. Yellow taunt spell from verdant, but your groves assassin and abs bombers/turrets from creeping.
Sun 5 May 2019 9:03 PM by Inkwell84
Dominus wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 4:24 PM
yes, creeping for solo. You'll use less mana casting your turrets. Basically, the split spec is the best of both lines.. Yellow taunt spell from verdant, but your groves assassin and abs bombers/turrets from creeping.

How do you play split spec? Just put up verd pet and PBAE with it while you keep max FnF setup nearby?
Mon 6 May 2019 2:54 AM by Dominus
Never use your aoe from verdant. Use creep pet, set to aggro and he'll root/dps.. then put your turrets 750 units closer to the mobs.. mobs get hit by turrets but are automatically aggroed to your main pet. Enough turrets up means the mobs die before they reach your main pet.

Grab serenity 3, mcl2 and I went ethereal bond 5 for a lot more power pool. Just keep your turrets refreshed. Use your 20 min abs buff on your main tank, and if you get a bunch of mobs, hit your pet with the 15 sec abs buff and heal some.
Mon 6 May 2019 1:29 PM by dbeattie71
Dominus wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 2:54 AM
Never use your aoe from verdant. Use creep pet, set to aggro and he'll root/dps.. then put your turrets 750 units closer to the mobs.. mobs get hit by turrets but are automatically aggroed to your main pet. Enough turrets up means the mobs die before they reach your main pet.

Grab serenity 3, mcl2 and I went ethereal bond 5 for a lot more power pool. Just keep your turrets refreshed. Use your 20 min abs buff on your main tank, and if you get a bunch of mobs, hit your pet with the 15 sec abs buff and heal some.

I use the AOE, drop verd tank, drop fnfs, then drop a erupter, when 5-6 mob are on tank pet, aoe them down. My ras are ser 2, mcl 2, raging power 2, lw and tireless. I never run oop.
Mon 6 May 2019 3:02 PM by Dominus
Silva Arcana! Yes, the AOE comes in handy when initially starting your camp setup and during high load on your pet. Otherwise, I never have to use it. The spore erupter (lvl 37) is your overall "puller".
Mon 6 May 2019 5:54 PM by dbeattie71
Dominus wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 3:02 PM
Silva Arcana! Yes, the AOE comes in handy when initially starting your camp setup and during high load on your pet. Otherwise, I never have to use it. The spore erupter (lvl 37) is your overall "puller".

Yeah, I should mention that I only use it when there’s a surge. If I was still in college I’d do my thesis on Animist farming techniques lmao.

I can’t remember the name but there’s an Arb ani that has a cool way to farm using tanglers. He sets tanglers and an erupter out of the range of the fnf clump. Then one fnf between the clump and tanglers. The main arb pet is 750 units to the side. The erupter pulls everything in range, then the tanglers root. The single fnf pulls a rooted mob, the mob runs towards the arb pet and the clump evaporates the mob. Cool way to let the clump work with 1 mob at a time.
Mon 6 May 2019 6:22 PM by Ashenspire
I found full creep to be much better when split spec while leveling solo.

If you aren't going to rvr, there's no reason to take your animist passed 49.5 and r2l9. My animist is used solely for farming.

I set up my controlled pet in aggro, then slowly push my f&f turrets into the camp I'm farming. Eventually making sure there 901+ units from my tank pet so it doesn't take the generated aggro.

This way all my power goes to summoning more mushrooms and not worrying about healing. If a turret dies and the mob comes after me I just kite it around tank pet and the turrets kill it eventually. Throw up the spore pet and a tangler and it's pretty much brainless.
Mon 6 May 2019 9:10 PM by Inkwell84
Ashenspire wrote:
Mon 6 May 2019 6:22 PM
I found full creep to be much better when split spec while leveling solo.

If you aren't going to rvr, there's no reason to take your animist passed 49.5 and r2l9. My animist is used solely for farming.

I set up my controlled pet in aggro, then slowly push my f&f turrets into the camp I'm farming. Eventually making sure there 901+ units from my tank pet so it doesn't take the generated aggro.

This way all my power goes to summoning more mushrooms and not worrying about healing. If a turret dies and the mob comes after me I just kite it around tank pet and the turrets kill it eventually. Throw up the spore pet and a tangler and it's pretty much brainless.

What benefit to staying at 49.5?
Tue 7 May 2019 2:04 PM by xeno56
it used to be for unlimited respecs but they've changed that now and respecs go away with 24 hours played on a level.
Tue 7 May 2019 2:34 PM by Ashenspire
Yeah that's a dumb change.
Tue 7 May 2019 2:49 PM by Dominus
I went 4L1 or so, so I could maximize power pool with ethereal bond 5, mana regen with Ser 3, and pool replacement with MCL2, all of which improve my efficiency during farming.
Sat 11 May 2019 12:21 PM by IlNando
When guildmates ask that question regarding pve I usually answer: "if you think about soccer, verdant is Pele', creeping is Maradona"
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics