Which Champion spec is better overall?

Started 1 Apr 2019
by DinoTriz
in Hibernia
So I'm trying to choose between two specs:

50 LW - 50 Valor - 27 Parry - 10 Shield

or

50 LW - 39 Valor - 6 Parry - 42 Shield

Is the shield stun really all that worth it? I assume I'll be soloing a ton so it would be nice to have some Parry.

Also the last STR/CON debuff looks nice...
Mon 1 Apr 2019 1:46 PM by dudis
I'd say get slam.

A reliable stun is worth a ton both in groups, but especially solo where you can either hit them for 9 seconds or force a purge then debuff.

I have no experience playing Champ in this era, but have you considered going lower than 50 LW?

40 Valor
42 shield
39 LW
21 blades/blunt
21 parry

Something along those lines should work well I think? You can move points around in 1H, LW and Parry until you find something you are happy with.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 2:01 PM by WeaselSoup
IMO slam is shit on champ and you're accepting you're just a shitty hero/bm. Max what makes you unique and that's valor. Also, you should probably get 10 blades instead of 10 shield. Maybe 7 shield as well for engage if you really want to.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 2:12 PM by DinoTriz
Annihilation at 50 LW looks pretty good, I can't really see me having anything lower than 50 LW. For WS and style damage, etc
Mon 1 Apr 2019 3:00 PM by Ardri
If you solo or small man at all, slam spec all the way. Anytime 9s stun is just too good to pass up. If only 8v8 it's debatable, but i still preferred the slam spec with 39 valor (yellow debuffs).

You lose 12 value debuff (~70 being red) and 5% haste (19 being red), but you gain an anytime 9s slam which is useful 100% of the time. Being able to slam a tank on inc when they're running at you, or quickly slam someone from the side and move on, or just slam that stupid tank who's facing you and wont get off your balls...all worth the lost value in valor imo. Being able to 9s stun 3-4ppl in a row can change a fight, not so much for yellow to red debuffs. The backstun just isn't reliable and can't even be compared to sidestun, much less slam.

Also, with 50 valor, if you're using all spells on cooldown, any fight longer than 1-2min and you're easily oop.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 6:31 PM by Foofmonger
Ardri wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 3:00 PM
If you solo or small man at all, slam spec all the way. Anytime 9s stun is just too good to pass up. If only 8v8 it's debatable, but i still preferred the slam spec with 39 valor (yellow debuffs).

You lose 12 value debuff (~70 being red) and 5% haste (19 being red), but you gain an anytime 9s slam which is useful 100% of the time. Being able to slam a tank on inc when they're running at you, or quickly slam someone from the side and move on, or just slam that stupid tank who's facing you and wont get off your balls...all worth the lost value in valor imo. Being able to 9s stun 3-4ppl in a row can change a fight, not so much for yellow to red debuffs. The backstun just isn't reliable and can't even be compared to sidestun, much less slam.

Also, with 50 valor, if you're using all spells on cooldown, any fight longer than 1-2min and you're easily oop.

This.

As to the comment on the "8v8" debate, I could see some niche situations where 50 LW/50 Valor could be considered a better spec, but those situations involve a dedicate d 8 man melee group who is already running 2-3 slam tanks, and even then one could argue that the additional slam versatility is still worth more then the red debuffs.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 6:47 PM by chryso
Does LW require a damage type spec?
Mon 1 Apr 2019 7:11 PM by DinoTriz
chryso wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 6:47 PM
Does LW require a damage type spec?

Nope, just LW.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 4:25 PM by sinoser
Can I get some of you more experienced champions opinions on the following spec idea? This would be used mainly in PvE with a bard and some small group PVP, mainly 2-4 players (some zerg surfing, very little)
40 valor
42 shield
34 LW
34 blades
11 Parry

My justifications. 40 valor gets all spells at yellow., I think overall this would be good enough and easier on power use. 42 shield for slam. 34 LW, I have seen alot of specs at 39 LW, but is the after enemy block style really used ? 34 blades, i have just never been a fan of low spec into a weapon; afraid of missing to much ( if i'm wrong please tell me I haven't really played since right after catacombs). 11 parry just putting leftovers into parry.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 11:36 PM by gotwqqd
How about
50Valor/LW
18 Shield
10 Blades
19 Parry

Or
10 Shield
12 Blades
24 Parry
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics