HIbernia RvR: Need Help?

Started 15 Feb 2019
by suicide19
in Hibernia
Midgard RvR is flourishing! I think they are becoming the most populated realm. I'm really enjoying the server so far and my experience on Midgard! However, for the sake of server health I'd be interested in joining Hibernia and roll a needed class.

1) Do Hibs need help?
2) Most needed class looks to be bard, but which ones after that?
3) Do Wardens get groups in Smallman, 8-mans and RvR task PUGs easily?

Tbh, from playing Hibernia in the past I have a suspicion that it's a lot of people (regardless of class) standing in Druim Ligen, looking for Bards to RvR with. Just a guess.

P.S. If someone takes offence to this post stating that Hibernia is overpowered way ahead and I should join Albion. I'd consider that as well thanks
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:55 PM by Tritri
suicide19 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:11 AM
Tbh, from playing Hibernia in the past I have a suspicion that it's a lot of people (regardless of class) standing in Druim Ligen, looking for Bards to RvR with. Just a guess.

Very true.

But I mean, Midgard can't go out without Skald+healer and it's hard for Alb to play without a minst

Currently, Hib is the least populated server, but Alb is still the realm with the least people in RvR

I'd wager that people have started to leave Hib to go to Alb and the results of this shift in population will be felt soon.

Hib or Alb, it's really your call.

Most grouped class in RvR :
A : Bard - Druid - Chanter
B : Eld, Ment, Hero/BM, Warden
C : VW, Champ, Anim
D : Ranger, Nightshade

So wardens are grouped yeah, not that easily in small though. Mostly wanted in high scale RvR for the thornfield, bt and resist. 8v8 group can run without a Warden, but they won't shun on them either
Sun 17 Feb 2019 12:46 AM by suicide19
I got a few views but not many answers, though I appreciate the one response which confirms what I thought thanks!

Midgard is just dominating right now and it's fun, but I'd like to try Hibernia and basically play any class except Bard LOL. Love small man. Midgard is so easy to small man. And so many skalds, easy to find ones that run regularly!
Sun 17 Feb 2019 3:03 PM by Awarkle
The issue is mid can totally dominate any rvr environment and people wanting small man rvr wont get it by following the realm tasks.

We can regularly see 10+ fgs of mids roaming while only 2 or 3 fgs of albs or hib.

So unless they start doubling up on the realm tasks say Odin dominate + Hadrian's attack to split up the zergs you wont see small rvr for a long time.

the other issue you will run into is the "honorable" soler or 8man garbage people will start spouting as they get higher realm ranks after zerging up the realm ranks in 10 fgs.

I find roaming the non task zones can bring up some nice small man and lower realm rank fighting. but as soon as that task switches over you may as well write off that zone for any degree of soloers.

Mid also need to stop dominating sometimes.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 5:31 PM by Sepplord
As a mid it felt like mids were just outnumbering everyone else by far this weekend, but the serverinfo 50 command showed the maxlevel population to be quite even.

Pure speculation:
Midgard didn't have EU Time Raids saturday/sunday, so maybe that let them build an overwhelming mass in RVR. When hib/Alb had finished their Raids many got told the midzerg to be so huge ist not worth going out...maybe

Today and yesterday though hib is outpopulating albs and mids by 50-100 Players at lvl50 and the RVR domination role was taken over.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:54 AM by suicide19
Today was a massive showing by Hibs so far!! There is a swing between EU and NA times though.

Don't think I'll be switching though, WAR is back on!
Sun 24 Feb 2019 1:35 PM by Thinal
suicide19 wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 12:46 AM
..., but I'd like to try Hibernia and basically play any class except Bard LOL.

This is the problem. No that you personally don't want to play a bard, or even that "people" don't want to play particular classes so "shame on them," but because Hibbie intersecting class mechanics are so screwed that the meta classes are actually not fun to play. Bard is at the ass end of this, because they have about 37 jobs in the meta and nobody allows them to be less than absolutely perfect at every job.

Take Tritri's list. The most "fun" classes could arguably be drawn in pretty close to reverse order. The most "powerful" classes would be drawn in yet another order.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 11:58 AM by Tritri
You can't have it all. If you have a powerful, fun and groupable class, you end up with far too many of these classes (Hi skalds !)

Also the Bards and Chanters are expected to lead which can be super fun or a plague depending on your preferences.

But yeah, Bards have a lot of pressure on them, for sure.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:37 PM by Thinal
Tritri wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 11:58 AM
You can't have it all. If you have a powerful, fun and groupable class, you end up with far too many of these classes (Hi skalds !)

Every mid group has a skald... but not every skald has a group. There's a glut of them, and there's some balance that way. :p

I find myself comparing this game's class dynamics to other games I've played. This is definitely *wrong* here, but finding what's objectively "right" is elusive. LoTRO, at least when I played it, had fewer classes and very little class customization. (I didn't play it long, nor did I ever do its strange monster play version of PvP.) Everything felt very cookie cutter. Shadowbane had a large number of disparate classes with massive customization capability, but being pure PvP put a lot more emphasis on solo capability, and grouping was a function mostly of who was online in your alliance. Asheron's Call had no classes, but game dynamics pushed it into broad magic/missile/melee pseudoclasses, and both PvM (PvE) and PvP were almost exclusively about solo play: even grouped for XP bonuses, it was almost entirely everyone doing their own kills in the same broad area.

I wouldn't suggest recreating any of those models verbatim in a new game, but there might be elements to glean here and there.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:35 PM by unforgetable
Tritri wrote:
Chanters are expected to lead

What's going on over there in Hib if Chanters are expected to lead a group? That doesn't make any sense.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:19 AM by Tritri
unforgetable wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:35 PM
Tritri wrote:
Chanters are expected to lead

What's going on over there in Hib if Chanters are expected to lead a group? That doesn't make any sense.

Yes they are expected to lead assist

Some people don't like doing that because of the pressure
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics