Nightshade/Ranger Thidranki Spec Advice

Started 13 Feb 2019
by Arshesmaral
in Hibernia
My wife and I are levelling up a Nightshade and Ranger for Thidranki, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out a good spec for either class. So, any helpful advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ranger is going to be primarily bows, but is Pathfinding worth putting points into? How critical is Envenom? Is Perf gimp for Thid and those points better spent elsewhere?

Thank you in advance.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:19 AM by dudis
Assuming you want the 18 CD side-stun.

Ranger
19 stealth
18 bow
18 CD
10 weapon
6 PF - Leftovers basically. Use buff pots

Nightshade
19 stealth
10 CS (from my understanding Perf is bugged on low levels, so you only need BS2 in thid)
18 CD
15 weapon
15 envenom (can drop som blades for 17 envenom too)
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:23 AM by Arshesmaral
17+5 Envenom for the Weapon Skill/Con Debuff?

Also, yeah, I've read some reports that Perf is buggy or nerfed into the ground. I didn't consider the side-stun from CD, but that -does- sound pretty good.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:27 PM by dudis
Arshesmaral wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:23 AM
17+5 Envenom for the Weapon Skill/Con Debuff?

Yep. I dont know how good (or not) it is, but im guessing it could make a difference against tanks and especially necros.

Arshesmaral wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:23 AM
Also, yeah, I've read some reports that Perf is buggy or nerfed into the ground. I didn't consider the side-stun from CD, but that -does- sound pretty good.

People seem to complain a lot about the CD stun, so I assume it's really good
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:53 PM by Ashenspire
Perf is buggy, but still typically easier to land than BS2 on most targets.

Garrote is also a very strong anytime, and Hamstring off evade as well.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 6:00 PM by reudevad
I took both classes through Thid (pretty easy to RP out in one good night of play).
For both, I think max stealth is pretty much mandatory, so 19+5
For the nightshade, I went 15 blades, 12 CD, 21 CS and 8 envenom (all with +5). I never really played an assassin in live, so I definitely wanted PA to play around with.
For the ranger, I figured I wanted to play primarily at range and pick my battles, so I went up to 21 archery for critshot VII, 16 pathfinding, 8 piercing, and the leftover 5 points in CD. Trying to be good at both melee and range at level 24 is a little unrealistic, and I also intentionally wanted the ranger to play completely differently from the nightshade.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:02 PM by nerex
What about RA? After LW and Tireless what would be the best investment for those other 2 (lol) points? I'm trying Master of Arms atm on my blade Elf NS.

Also, if I decide to temp. it, which would be the best weapons speeds?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:25 PM by dudis
I think i'd probably go Tireless+First aid instead of LW1 and other passives
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics