Enchanter RVR Spec question

Started 9 Feb 2019
by raysobi
in Hibernia
Hello All,

First thing first, I’m excited to be here. It had been almost 15 years since I played DAOC. Shout out to Igraine server, Ghostface Killa Merc here!!

This is my first toon in the Hibernia server and I’m playing as enchanter. I have a question on the mana spec for RVR.

What is the main driven to RVR 49 mana vs 50 Mana? (The rest go to lights/Enc)

I had seen most recommendation to go 49 instead of 50, again this is from a random website dated back 10 years ago lol! I don’t know what patch or version of the recommendation of these forums applied to buy I am seeking out if there is any Enchanters could chime in.

My cousin is playing mentalist and most of the time I would like to be the debuffer for 8 man team.

Should I go with 49 mana or 50? Pros and cons?

Thank you.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 1:32 AM by Afuldan
The only reason to go 50 mana is for the max focus shield. You won’t be using focus shield in RvR, so don’t spec for it. Two more points into light to reduce variance a little more on baseline DD. 49 mana 22 light 5 enchantment is standard debuffer/bomber spec.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 1:56 AM by raysobi
Thank you,

What about level 50 DD? Basically it is not viable getting it?
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:56 AM by rubaduck
raysobi wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 1:56 AM
Thank you,

What about level 50 DD? Basically it is not viable getting it?

You do get the 50 base line Light nuke, paired up with your 49 mana heat debuff you increase the base damage by a lot by removing 50 points of heat resistance from your target. You do get a spec nuke in light, but it is not worth split speccing here because the 49 debuff will be much stronger then your split spec variance. As an enchanter in small man / 8 man you are often the designated main assist, calling targets and debuffing them (and stunning them unless another person calls for it). The mentalist are the spec nukers in hibernia and invest in Light instead.

As a soloer you'll get more out of the 49 mana spec however.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:16 AM by Noleran
My specc is:
40 Mana
36 Light
4 Enchantments

You have a nice utility and are viable in most options/setups to perform. Like in a Caster/Hybrid Setup with 30% Heat debuff for assistnukes. Or in a More Melee Hybid Setup you can Heat debuff for ur own. At least you have a decent pbae, what works for Keep/Milegate Chokes Zergfights to defend and stop rushs.
For your Nukes you have 36+1x (depens on RR). So u nuke for constant great dmg with the Baseline Heat Spell (lvl50).
As a key, there its just needed to have Mastery of Focus 2-3 to reduce the resist rate on the DMG Spells PBAOE Bomb (lvl39) and the tool spells, like Heat Debuff (lvl36), Melee Dmg Debuff (lvl31) and Combat Haste Debuff (lvl36).
MOF is very cheap, and have a great use. So u have a lot of utility as an Enchanter with that Specc.
40 Mana gives the little Option, that you dont need to respec and can do PVE great too with the Focus DMG Shield (lvl40).
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics