Warden Perma-Sprint

Started 7 Feb 2019
by PingGuy
in Hibernia
Is it possible for a Warden to perma-sprint using only Tireless, Long Winded, and some level of the Fatigue Consumption buff? I have the first level now, and I'm about to get the second level. I doubt that's going to do it, but I was hoping the third or fourth level would be enough. Mainly I want to know if there is a way I can perma-sprint while running the speed chant, without having to mess with potions.
Thu 7 Feb 2019 5:06 PM by Ebenezer
My warden isn't high enough to test it here, but on live (even in very early NF), LW1 and the L41 redux buff allowed it. Didn't even need tireless.
Due to the way reduction rounds, I'm guessing the 25% buff will get it done here with LW1/Tireless combined.
Fri 8 Feb 2019 7:08 PM by Thinal
You're going to need to either use the END4 chant, which can't be twisted with your speed buff so it's one or the other, or get END2-3 pots with some combination of tireless / LW / fatigue reduction (which WILL run concurrently with your speed buff) to permasprint.

The fatigue reduction buff only ranges from 20%-40% reduction. The rounding works out that the second buff and beyond reduce sprint cost by 2 / tick, but it never goes any higher. Second fatigue reduction + LW + Tireless would reduce sprint costs by 4/5, which is going to let you run for an appreciable distance, but you will eventually run out of END.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 3:01 AM by rubaduck
To be able to perma sprint you need +3 endo buff, Tireless and LW RA.

You get +4 endo chant on wardens, but it costs mana to maintain it so the problem there is to maintain your power to keep it going, plus it cant be twisted.

Your best bet is to just buy a 100 charge barrel of endo3, it has 100 charges and costs from 80-120 gold on the marked.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 6:00 PM by PingGuy
Thinal wrote:
Fri 8 Feb 2019 7:08 PM
You're going to need to either use the END4 chant, which can't be twisted with your speed buff so it's one or the other, or get END2-3 pots with some combination of tireless / LW / fatigue reduction (which WILL run concurrently with your speed buff) to permasprint.

The fatigue reduction buff only ranges from 20%-40% reduction. The rounding works out that the second buff and beyond reduce sprint cost by 2 / tick, but it never goes any higher. Second fatigue reduction + LW + Tireless would reduce sprint costs by 4/5, which is going to let you run for an appreciable distance, but you will eventually run out of END.

Oh man, I was hoping the rounding would work in my favor, but it sounds like it works against it. The second buff made a big difference, and it's not perma, but it gives me a minute or two. I'll retest it when I get the third, just to be sure, but that makes me sad. Thanks for the heads up.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 6:01 PM by PingGuy
rubaduck wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 3:01 AM
To be able to perma sprint you need +3 endo buff, Tireless and LW RA.

You get +4 endo chant on wardens, but it costs mana to maintain it so the problem there is to maintain your power to keep it going, plus it cant be twisted.

Your best bet is to just buy a 100 charge barrel of endo3, it has 100 charges and costs from 80-120 gold on the marked.

Yeah, I'll just have to give in and buy potions. At least I have all my other buffs covered, that was part of why I switched to a Warden.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 12:26 PM by Inkwell84
How do you like warden? What is your build?
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:32 PM by PingGuy
Inkwell84 wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 12:26 PM
How do you like warden? What is your build?

I ended up with 45 Nurture, 26 Rejuv, 39 Slash, with the rest in Parry (not much). It was intended as a solo build, but I never put together a template or messed around with buff pots, and both are needed for that kind of situation. With all of that done and a few more RR's, I think it could be fun, but at that point I'll probably look into grouping a bit more anyway.

If you are going to play a Warden in any serious capacity, you will either need to group to farm money, or make a farm character. Not just to build the template, but to keep money flowing for potions and recharges. So that's where I am now, leveling up an Enchanter, because I did not enjoy playing an Animist, and I'm broke.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:55 PM by SaintRon
Tireless + longwind plus the 2nd reduction chant is enough to perma sprint.

I ran around with a group for several hours and didn't have end pots (before I knew everyone used them).
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:16 PM by PingGuy
SaintRon wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:55 PM
Tireless + longwind plus the 2nd reduction chant is enough to perma sprint.

I ran around with a group for several hours and didn't have end pots (before I knew everyone used them).

Minor quibble... The 2nd end reduction buff is not enough with LW and Tireless alone. If you run the end regen chant that will do it. But you can't have that and PBT, or Speed, up at the same time. I often leave the PK/BK with Hastener speed, LW/Tireless, 2nd End Reduction buff, and Endo chant, and can perma sprint until I get into a fight. The reason being that once hastener speed drops, I switch to my own speed and sprint in bursts since I can't keep the endo chant up.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 10:50 PM by Inkwell84
U have trouble getting in verd animist groups?

Not much money dropping in RvR?
Tue 9 Apr 2019 12:18 PM by Sadra
Pink end reduction buff + end pot + tireless is what I run. You'll always be at 95, and if you style anything you won't regain end (but your bard should be switching to end anyway) but you can sprint like this.
Tue 9 Apr 2019 2:28 PM by PingGuy
Inkwell84 wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 10:50 PM
U have trouble getting in verd animist groups?

Not much money dropping in RvR?

I never really tried to get into any Verd Animist groups, but I think they do utilize Wardens for the PBT.

RvR doesn't drop much money from what I understand. I never really paid attention because I wasn't buying potions or building a template at the time. Was only watching the RP's.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 2:33 AM by Ebenezer
It's definitely rounding/computing in a different order than live.

On live, LW1+end redux buff (no chant or potion) is enough for permasprint. It isn't here. You lose 1 endo per sprint tick.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:19 PM by Bradekes
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 7 Feb 2019 4:22 PM
Is it possible for a Warden to perma-sprint using only Tireless, Long Winded, and some level of the Fatigue Consumption buff? I have the first level now, and I'm about to get the second level. I doubt that's going to do it, but I was hoping the third or fourth level would be enough. Mainly I want to know if there is a way I can perma-sprint while running the speed chant, without having to mess with potions.

The consumption buff does not seem to affect sprinting.. Not sure if it's a bug or not
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics