Animist Overpopulation.

Started 29 Jan 2019
by Twizzy
in Hibernia
I would watch out for afk farmers... as of this moment, there are ~130 animists online. That is gross. this is a large portion of the realm (The only reason I would play animist is to afk farm.)

i see smite clerics may be in the same category, possibly bonedancers (i'm suprized it isnt necromancers) clearly there is a reason - most likely group utility, chain pullling with aoe mez i dont doubt)

Why should i change my playstyle to adapt to this ignorant disrespect (not realizing they are disrupting others' gameplay)

Maybe they should be nurfed? maybe there should be a class limit, to balance out what classes are being played? i'm not sure what the answer is. but these types of classes (when overpopulated) become cancer to the server.

put a limit on the number of classes, force the players to play other classes, so the rest of us dont have to constantly move camps in order to find our exp when an anim/bomb group comes along. I've had very little opportunity to get exp this morning as every time i go to a camp, there is an animist bomb bard group there, or one comes along and begins CHAIN-PULLING THE ENTIRE CAMP.

its rather infuriating as a solo stealther. I shouldnt be forced to play the animist just because its the easiest to farm exp. those players who want the easy way out should ultimately be forced to switch. Its pretty frustrating that i have to roll a brand new animist just so i can farm exp, because the shrooms are cancer of biblical proportions.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 6:31 PM by Doiri
Twizzy wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 6:17 PM
i see smite clerics may be in the same category

i'm confused
Tue 29 Jan 2019 6:46 PM by Quik
How does 130 Animists affect your xp as a NS?

You can numerous places to get xp yet your mad because someone got to a good spot with an Ani before you?

And you really want to tell people they can't play the class they want to play because too many other players already have them?

I do agree some Animists can be jerks about shroom placement, but if I am on my Ani and I get to a good spot and no one else is farming it you bet your *** I will place a shroom field down and farm the hell out of it, that's the point of playing an Ani.

It isn't just Ani's that can be jerks btw...I was single pulling at a curm camp with my nature druid only to have a full group show up doing focus pulls and they simply started clearing the entire camp without leaving anything for anyone else.

No matter the class people can be jerks...
Tue 29 Jan 2019 8:16 PM by Twizzy
no no no no....

lol you get it all wrong. my friend...

i'm ALREADY in those camps... and there are other similar camps nearby being used by animists, which is fine, so i decide to move to a different area of the camp or a nearby camp that is of the same mob...

lo-and-behold, another group with an animist comes along... grabs the ENTIRE camp and clears the camp... then continues to chainpull...

yes i do think there should be a limit to class play. if they buffed stealthers suddenly and all of a sudden, everyone wanted to stealth, you'd bet there would be an outrage.

so i rolled an animist and it turns out i got to lvl 13 in literally 15 mins. that's completely absurd if you ask me, when it took me 3 hours to level from 1-20 on my ranger... I was playing solo with both, and using eggs as well as collection tasks...

its just unreal. instant gratification. I'm honestly suprized that hib is always so underpopulated... then again, with this cancer? i can see why.

/salt

its just a matter of time before hib becomes overpopulated due to power leveling with these cancershrooms. no common courtesy, maybe it has something to do with other factors that i wont get into here...

Quik wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 6:46 PM
And you really want to tell people they can't play the class they want to play because too many other players already have them?

so i'm forced to play with a class I dont wish to play, simply because i cant solo with other classes as easily due to this issue i'm facing? awesome, so when everyone decides to mass suicide irl, i guess i better join rank... just to give a decent extreme example of how following the crowd is really a bad idea.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 8:27 PM by Vkejai
You could replace the animist with a chanter focus pulling you would still have the same result. So many people playing it's going to get camped. Would be even worse if everyone was solo , so you shouldn't complain to much. Be thankful there's people playing here and so is good.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 8:37 PM by PingGuy
I don't think I saw an Animist the first week that I played, but I'm seeing them constantly now. It must just be that point in the cycle where everybody is making their Animist alts. I made one too, to see what the class was about. Had never played one before.

Last night I ran into one that was camping some xp item mobs, and doing just fine on his own. He still invited my Blademaster, which was much appreciated. Unfortunately I was about to log off and couldn't stick around to join, but the unprompted invite was nice to see from a class that probably didn't need my help.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 8:40 PM by Thinal
Twizzy wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 8:16 PM
lo-and-behold, another GROUP with an animist comes along... grabs the ENTIRE camp and clears the camp... then continues to chainpull...

(Emphasis added)

I think this says it all, but I'll pile on anyhow...

1. It's not practical to actually *AFK* farm with an animist, as shrooms last 2 minutes. The controlled lasts indefinitely, but it's not very strong by itself. If I wanted to *AFK* farm, I'd roll a light menty and get a yellow/OJ charmed pet. Even that probably wouldn't work well at all.

2. Some animists can be quite rude, but so can others. The ones that bug me the most are mana ments, as a solo animist who pulls that many at once is gonna die pretty quickly, but the mana ment pretty much has to AOE DOT and run like hell for every pull. But most ments ARE polite, as are most animists, and they'll try to play nicely and / or move to lesser-used camps.

My animist always plays controlled + bombers in crowded areas and goes to remote places if I'm going to mass pull. I'm sorry you're running into such rude people, but my non-animist builds (rogues!) generally aren't running into the throngs of rude people that you are.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 6:10 AM by Twizzy
ok then, its a hibernian issue, as these players feel they control the area and have no courtesy to other players who might be soloing int he area... so how do we fix issues like this without forcing someone like me to simply play a realm they don't wish to play. i know i sound entitled but i would also like to play hib. I would like to solo on my ranger without running around from camp to camp only hoping i can get a pull or 2...
Wed 30 Jan 2019 6:31 AM by Druth
No class compares to animist in terms of griefing in PvE.

"I can't control my pets" is the standard remark when their shrooms hits other people's pull.

Chanter can pull entire camp, but they can NOT excuse hitting tagged mobs with the above dumb excuse.

Playing Mid, but there should be a rule that animists coming to an area with other people xp'ing should place their pets so they don't auto attack respawn.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 6:37 AM by rubaduck
Hibernia has always had an overpop of animists in the beginning, you can't do anything about it because the class is fundamentally strong in PvE. It is the most attractive part of their class that they excel so quick, and with Xp absorption gone they are strong in any spec.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 8:38 AM by dudis
Meh, some people will just play whatever is easy to level and farm with early on.

Classes being on way different power-levels in PvE has allways been true in Daoc. Just look at cabalists that can solo basically an unlimited amount of mobs from the moment they get the AoE dot.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:48 AM by Druth
People are missing OP's point.

It's not that animists are good at PvE, but that they force people away from any camps they go to, because their pets will pull everything, also the mobs you attack.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 12:00 PM by Tritri
I agree that animist generate some kind of issue

But nerfing them to the ground will just make people jump on the next OP level up speed... and if you nerf that one they will jump to the next.

Obivously, Niightshade xp group aren't anywhere close to become OP meta for xp

They are unwanted for xp even with the diversity bonus, and they are unwanted at high rvr play

I haven't any good solution to offer... I would definetly point out that preventing some people to log their toons because "there are already too many" would be a nightmare
Wed 30 Jan 2019 4:03 PM by rubaduck
Druth wrote:
Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:48 AM
People are missing OP's point.

It's not that animists are good at PvE, but that they force people away from any camps they go to, because their pets will pull everything, also the mobs you attack.

Unfortunately, as long as they are not attacking the mobs themselves they can't really report anyone for it. It sucked on live, it sucks here. I would rather have 14 FNF then 14 controllable pets.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:16 PM by Nevsky
I dont think it's an animist problem but a population one. The collection tasks tend to funnel everyone into the same spots so you're gonna be competing for farm. And since the server is young youre gonna bump into a lot of anis simply because theyre very good farming toons and everyone wants to hit 50 to feed their rvr toons. Give it a few weeks and you'll see the ani pop drop.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:07 AM by Awarkle
The problem is just being aware of people around you, for example I was on my nightshade and an animist literally comes up drops his verd shroom in front of me I mean he departs because I think he realised he was being a bit of a dick and moved off.

I think back to "Hibernia prydwen" many many years ago when I rolled my animist I think I was one of about 10 active animists across the whole server the class was broken the pets leeched EXP and RPS so they were not wanted in the group.

IF the phoenix peeps adjusted the pets to be like how they were on classic you would see them disappear overnight, for example the verd pet nuke only nuking at the level of the shroom the fnf turrets transferring agro to the animist more than the primary shroom. the leeching of I think 15% exp and up to 50% rps based on pet damage.

These things would reduce the the class and what limited them so many years ago the problem is the shrooms transfer a lot of fnf damage onto the main pet you just have to chain heal the pet and you can kill for ever.

I really dislike animist bomb groups because they are boring and they don't provide the realm with much variety in terms of class range, you go on any major raid and your missing druids wardens bards primary tanks because everyone has an animist.

TO change the breakup of animists maybe adding a bonus to classes that are not utilised to levelling and increase the social exp they earn in a group. Provide a reason for rolling a different character other than an animist but don't just nerf animists because people are playing a lot of them because an animist actually using their abilities and not just FNF turrets and VERD nuke can bring a lot of variety to a team. Creep dps debuff shrooms, arb bombers and rooters.

im sure Mid and ALb have similar issues to their primary levelling classes .

the other issue is pull with the animist and every time the shrooms nuke your add OR they pull your add off you submit a report and get them banned.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:23 AM by Druth
Awarkle wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:07 AM
im sure Mid and ALb have similar issues to their primary levelling classes .

the other issue is pull with the animist and every time the shrooms nuke your add OR they pull your add off you submit a report and get them banned.

They don't, specifically because animists can always claim not to control their pets.
All other classes who attack your target are doing so actively, and so can be reported.

An animist can technically put down shrooms right behind your group, and leech of xp of all you pull, and claim innocence due to not being able to control pets. And if you decide to punish him and pull a purple to his shrooms, YOU are the one who is griefing.

So unless you make a rule: "Placing shrooms without 1000 (or 1500) range of people outside your group is counted as grief play, and is bannable", you will continue to have the problem.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:45 PM by Awarkle
just accidentally pul something you cant kill not your fault if shrooms pull it off you
Fri 1 Feb 2019 7:22 PM by Quik
Awarkle wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:45 PM
just accidentally pul something you cant kill not your fault if shrooms pull it off you

I do this in DF if an Ani wants to set up shop in a spot that stops others from pulling.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 9:26 PM by Seigmoraig
I just want to know how smite clerics afk farm ?
Mon 4 Feb 2019 3:21 PM by vhatever
Awarkle wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:07 AM
I was on my nightshade ... animist .... banned

We get it.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:21 PM by Gfxygames
I think the animist population will die out a little over time. A lot of people are just joining the server and want to get their farmers before they start their main. That's what I'm doing anyway. Animist is almost 50, after that, I'm moving onto other toons. I could be wrong though, just a thought.
Tue 5 Feb 2019 3:47 PM by Sepplord
i am so glad me and my friends didn't go hib, when reading this...

Animist being free from any repercussion for leeching XP/stealing other players pulls because they don't actively control the shrooms is ridicolous imo, but i also don't know how to properly rule about that without animist being griefed into punishments
Tue 5 Feb 2019 6:53 PM by Quik
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 5 Feb 2019 3:47 PM

Animist being free from any repercussion for leeching XP/stealing other players pulls because they don't actively control the shrooms is ridicolous imo, but i also don't know how to properly rule about that without animist being griefed into punishments

I do play Hib and I will say I have had 1 issue with an animist and after I brought a few mobs I was fighting and just HAPPENED to get close to his turrets and they just HAPPENED to pull them off me, he came back and set up farther away and we had no more issues.

I am soloing a Ench and a Hero right now and I have had no issues with Ani's with them.

The animist stealing camps is way exaggerated.

Most Ani's are playing Verd and aren't even dropping turrets and are playing in groups because it is much faster then even a solo Ani. The groups is pulling like any other group without an Ani.
Tue 5 Feb 2019 7:30 PM by Sepplord
Quik wrote:
Tue 5 Feb 2019 6:53 PM
Sepplord wrote:

I do play Hib and I will say I have had 1 issue with an animist and after I brought a few mobs I was fighting and just HAPPENED to get close to his turrets and they just HAPPENED to pull them off me, he came back and set up farther away and we had no more issues.

I am soloing a Ench and a Hero right now and I have had no issues with Ani's with them.

The animist stealing camps is way exaggerated.

Most Ani's are playing Verd and aren't even dropping turrets and are playing in groups because it is much faster then even a solo Ani. The groups is pulling like any other group without an Ani.

Good to hear, honestly
Thu 7 Feb 2019 4:53 AM by dbeattie71
Sepplord wrote:

Aww, it's not really that bad. And if I"m killing stuff and a group shows up, I usually leave or move so I don't interfere with them. Courteous people do exist.
Thu 7 Feb 2019 3:58 PM by Thinal
Sepplord wrote:

I understand this can suck, but otherwise would be very easy to mod-grief an animist by simply moving into range of his FnFs then filing /appeal once they draw off your target.

It's all about courtesy on crowded camps, and regardless of class, people are either courteous or they aren't. No matter what the rules are, somebody will ride right up to the edge. The fact that they made kill-stealing against the rules strikes me as especially shortsighted and offensive, but I try to stay off of the beaten path regardless of what I'm playing anyhow, so it's not difficult to comply.

And animists, remember that arbs can go as low as caster + manually controlled main pet and be effective in crowded dungeon rooms. If you need the landscape to set up, then please find a less busy place.
Fri 8 Feb 2019 12:10 AM by Warjon
I do not believe that there have ever been many polite Animists on Any freeshard. No no no nope.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 3:33 AM by Shadanwolf
F -R -E -E- D -O -M to choose
F- R- E -E- D -O- M to not be told
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:34 PM by Twizzy
Shadanwolf wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 3:33 AM
F -R -E -E- D -O -M to choose
F- R- E -E- D -O- M to not be told

freedom and peace will never, never, never co-exist. it is an impossibility. so you can have your freedom, without your peace of mind. i'd rather have the latter, sacrificing enough freedom to do so.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics