Are there any BM that are going 50CD/50 weapon?

Started 30 Dec 2018
by Shamus777
in Hibernia
I'm just wondering.
Sun 30 Dec 2018 3:37 PM by phixion
I guess it depends how much you value Slam.
Sun 30 Dec 2018 3:51 PM by Frigzy
I'm considering to play around with 50 blades 50 CD if we get Prevent Flight. If not, I probably won't bother with it.
Sun 30 Dec 2018 5:51 PM by Chimaera
Frigzy wrote:
Sun 30 Dec 2018 3:51 PM
I'm considering to play around with 50 blades 50 CD if we get Prevent Flight. If not, I probably won't bother with it.

Prevent Flight is now a base ability of the BM. Changes can be seen here: http://playphoenix.wiki/hibernia-class-change/
Sun 30 Dec 2018 5:53 PM by Frigzy
Awesome, cheers!
Sun 30 Dec 2018 7:03 PM by moha
Really no point in going 50 weapon. You don't lose any damage if you use cd styles and slam is so strong you don't want to miss it. Also it's super easy so switch shield/offhand with the /switch command.
Sun 30 Dec 2018 8:48 PM by Shamus777
moha wrote:
Sun 30 Dec 2018 7:03 PM
Really no point in going 50 weapon. You don't lose any damage if you use cd styles and slam is so strong you don't want to miss it. Also it's super easy so switch shield/offhand with the /switch command.

But he would gain damage if he went 50 weapons right?
Sun 30 Dec 2018 10:44 PM by Frigzy
Shamus777 wrote:
Sun 30 Dec 2018 8:48 PM
moha wrote:

It depends on which styles you use. If you use Blades styles with only 51 composite Blades spec (40 spec +11 from items for instance) you will do less style damage than if you had 61 blades spec.

However since you can just use your CD styles, you can simply go for a 51 composite spec on your mainhand and use only CD styles to maximize your style damage regardless of how high your mainhand spec is.

The reason why you would want to go 50 mainhand spec is marginal really. It depends on the specific styles that you get from going that high. With Blades for instance you get the backchain combo which has very good growth rates and no Bleed effect (like on Tempest) which could break CC if you are forced off your target. This is the only reason I would go 50 Blades 50 CD, for a reliable high growth rate style. All in all I doubt whether it's worth it though. If I want to sacrifice Slam, going split-spec (Piercing + Blades 37) probably provides the best DPS potential.

What's most commonly done however is to lower your mainhand spec to 39 so you can grab Slam. If you're not specifically aiming for something in the mainhand line, there is no reason to skip Slam. It's too good not to have.
Sun 30 Dec 2018 11:00 PM by Shamus777
Frigzy wrote:
Sun 30 Dec 2018 10:44 PM
Shamus777 wrote:
Sun 30 Dec 2018 8:48 PM
moha wrote:

It depends on which styles you use. If you use Blades styles with only 51 composite Blades spec (40 spec +11 from items for instance) you will do less style damage than if you had 61 blades spec.

However since you can just use your CD styles, you can simply go for a 51 composite spec on your mainhand and use only CD styles to maximize your style damage regardless of how high your mainhand spec is.

The reason why you would want to go 50 mainhand spec is marginal really. It depends on the specific styles that you get from going that high. With Blades for instance you get the backchain combo which has very good growth rates and no Bleed effect (like on Tempest) which could break CC if you are forced off your target. This is the only reason I would go 50 Blades 50 CD, for a reliable high growth rate style. All in all I doubt whether it's worth it though. If I want to sacrifice Slam, going split-spec (Piercing + Blades 37) probably provides the best DPS potential.

What's most commonly done however is to lower your mainhand spec to 39 so you can grab Slam. If you're not specifically aiming for something in the mainhand line, there is no reason to skip Slam. It's too good not to have.

And if slam wasn't an option? What then? Or if slam got nerfed to 5 seconds like in live. Then it would be worth going the 50/50 right?
Mon 31 Dec 2018 9:37 AM by Ceen
No then you would go split spec with two weapon types to use
Mon 31 Dec 2018 2:16 PM by moha
With slam nerfed you'd still go for 35 shield (8s side, 6s back) or split spec for max damage against everything that isn't using cloth armor.
Fri 4 Jan 2019 4:06 PM by russell_m89
I just posted this elsewhere on another thread but this place seems appropriate too:

Anyone weigh in on the efficacy of a Piercemaster for this server? So far I've been reading it's doable, Firbolg might be the best choice because they can spec out of it and into anything else if they wanted to, plus the hybrid damage of Str/Dex - and on the flip-side I think an Elf would work well because of the extra quickness.

Thoughts?
Sun 6 Jan 2019 11:11 PM by Barroom
russell_m89 wrote:
Fri 4 Jan 2019 4:06 PM
I just posted this elsewhere on another thread but this place seems appropriate too:

Anyone weigh in on the efficacy of a Piercemaster for this server? So far I've been reading it's doable, Firbolg might be the best choice because they can spec out of it and into anything else if they wanted to, plus the hybrid damage of Str/Dex - and on the flip-side I think an Elf would work well because of the extra quickness.

Thoughts?

It depends on what you want to do. I've probably taken 6 BMs to 50 and RVR'd with them all (One to about 10L9 right around when the Lab came out). Pierce is the best imo for RvR. All of the mid support are chain, Alb Mercs/Clerics too. Blunt is probably my favorite spec, especially for small man (10s Stun off parry). Back in the day, Celt was the way to go, for the "Hey I look like support" look. The people who are playing here, have been there done that, so Firby might be what I go with on live. I'd be curious to see how much Celts land slam over a Firb. Going to have to track down Numbos and pick his brain a bit. Having a 9 second stun on all of your tanks? Yes please.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 11:09 PM by Pirhana7
50 /50 Only for dueling with Blunt weapons because of the level 50 parry stun.
Blades you would only need a composit 36 weapon when using CD styles for max damage so you can mix in more parry or shield
If you want to go 42 shield for slam you are much better of making a slam spear hero as the spear side chain will do more burst damage.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 4:33 PM by Inkwell84
Except you need at least side or rear stun for group RR utility
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:22 AM by Giorgione88
No slam spec its only for the weak ( In flames cit.)
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:23 PM by Mura
russell_m89 wrote:
Fri 4 Jan 2019 4:06 PM

Thoughts?

I had an elf piercemaster on the other server and really enjoyed it. Elves have slightly weaker stats, and some wasted points in int, but I never felt under powered compared to my firby friends.

The biggest drawback, like you said, is you're not able to easily swap to blades or blunt if you get tired of stabbery.

To me though, the faster attack speed would be nice for more PF and weeapon procs, and elves are just hotter than firbies
Tue 9 Apr 2019 11:50 AM by dudis
Remember that pierce damage is based on your combined Str and Dex divided by two, so Firbolg would deal the most dmg with pierce too, and Elf still among the worst. Difference wont be huge though.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:04 PM by Inkwell84
If you are going 50 blunt for the stun style, shouldn’t you go celt for added dex to add parry % since you have low parry spec (50blunt/50cd/27parry)??

Even if your parry rate isn’t a problem with that low parry spec, isn’t it tough to land the blunt-stun (2nd style) against assassins and shield classes?

Almost seems better to just run slam and 50 cd over 50 blunt, even if solo’ing...

Also elf resists are good for soloing... But that low Con! Yuck!

Celt starting stats: 120/2 = 60str+dex, 60 dex (for block, parry, evade), 60 qui (for evade, melee speed), 60 con

Elf starting stats: 115/2 = 57.5 str+dex, 75 dex (for block, parry, evade), 75 qui (for evade, melee speed), 40 con (!!!)

Firby starting stats: 90 str, 40 dex, 40 qui, 60 con...

For blades and blunt, does Str increase max damage or just average damage (reduce minimum damage variance)?

I have read many threads saying Str effects on defense penetration are very negligible....
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics