October 12th 2018 Champion Guide for Spec

Started 12 Oct 2018
by Stunningstyles
in Hibernia
Quick Guide to tips on starting you champion:

* If your running Large Weapons in any situation, it is best to use tireless 2 and long wind 1. If you are running 1 hand weapon choices, tireless 1 and long wind 1 should be enough. *

Spec: 39 blades 50 valor 42 shield rest parry
This spec is for pure utility. The focus is using debuffs on targets and using Spectrum Blade style to get the 30% dehaste for 20 seconds. Do not use the red debuff.* If it is on the target already, you cannot use the 30% dehaste from Spectrum Blade style.

RA Focus:
Mastery of Block 5
Determination 9
Avoidance of Magic 5
Purge
Tireless 1
Long Wind 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spec: 50 Large Weapons 50 Valor 27 Parry (or Shield) 10 Blades
This spec is mainly for the most dmg out of champ but it loses some utility because low shield. This spec is best for melee groups that are using assist train strat. Try to only use lvl 50 Annhilation back style because it does the most dmg out of all styles. 10 Blades is for the side snare. This spec has a frontal snare and a side snare.

RA Focus:
Tireless 2
Long Wind 1
Determination 9
Purge
After these 2 utilities it is more up to you. I would get damage oriented RAs like Mastery of Arms and Mastery of Pain

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spec: 50 Large Weapons 42 Shield 39 Valor rest parry
Best overall spec for dmg and utility. You get slam, guard, best Large Weapon damage, and 2nd best debuffs. This is a good start point for any new champions. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED START POINT!

RA Focus:
Long Wind 1
Tireless 2
Determination 9
Purge
After these it is up to player how they want to play their champion. I personally went more into damage RAs because i like big numbers but to each their own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spec: 35 Large Weapons (Any weapon works) 42 shield 35 parry 40 valor
This spec is very versatile. You can give up some parry for more weapon if you like. This spec is best for small mans or solo. You use every single point available for champion. You can change out 35 Large Weapon for any weapon choice. This spec gives u the best slam, 2nd best debuffs, and really good parry. You can also swap to weapon/shield every time you are about to get hit for the most defense.
RA Focus:
Determination 9
Mastery of Parry 5
Mastery of Block 5
Long wind 1
Tireless 1 (or 2 if u have Large Weapon)
Mon 15 Oct 2018 4:24 PM by Zenobi
In our testing AoM has not been worth the points it costs, perhaps mastery of parry instead?
Fri 19 Oct 2018 2:31 AM by Stunningstyles
I assume your talking about the first build which would make u the main peeler. It knocks a couple seconds off mezz if i remember correctly. Any help is good since root/mezz hurts without stocism.

I always think of RAs as what will make me the most powerful every moment of the fight. Mastery of Parry wont be used as much in a organized group. To each there own though. Personally i dont even run purge. I run Wrath of the champion for the 300dmg so i can burst down casters if i get my hand on them. But by doing this i cannot push hard and i have to be very cautious of where i am in the fight. If i get rooted outside the fight its 7v8 after that for a good while.
Fri 19 Oct 2018 4:45 PM by Ardri
Stunningstyles wrote:
Fri 19 Oct 2018 2:31 AM
Personally i dont even run purge. If i get rooted outside the fight its 7v8 after that for a good while.

Lol which is why everyone runs purge. ESPECIALLY hybrid classes that get CC'd out of the fight. Maybe I could see pre-rr4/5 not running purge, but after that you have plenty of points to justify getting it.

P.S. Stop clicking stuff on your main bar. At least use numbers 1-8 on keyboard.
Thu 25 Oct 2018 7:54 AM by Sei
Zenobi wrote:
Mon 15 Oct 2018 4:24 PM
In our testing AoM has not been worth the points it costs, perhaps mastery of parry instead?

What tkind of test Can compare Magic dmg resistance with Parry?

Main issue when playing mele IS being killed by caster Imo and there s nothing else to take than aom, aom also affect magic cc duration cause it affect magic resistance
Fri 4 Jan 2019 1:15 PM by inoeth
Sei wrote:
Thu 25 Oct 2018 7:54 AM
Zenobi wrote:
Mon 15 Oct 2018 4:24 PM

What tkind of test Can compare Magic dmg resistance with Parry?

Main issue when playing mele IS being killed by caster Imo and there s nothing else to take than aom, aom also affect magic cc duration cause it affect magic resistance

did you test that? by design this is not the case or at least should not be. aom is dmg reduction only
Sat 5 Jan 2019 6:08 PM by Totenmond
any suggestions on race and starting stats?
Never played a champ and i am thinking of going 50LW 50Valor Shar Champion?
Sun 6 Jan 2019 6:37 PM by Eodis
I'd suggest you Celt with +15str +10qui to max your damage output. Picking a Shar gives you +100hp and a Celt about 0.1 sec on your swing. Your choice but i think quickness will be very important in classic, the game is slower and hib doesn't have celerity so having this extra quickness makes the game much smoother as a melee.
Mon 7 Jan 2019 11:07 PM by PwnPants
Eodis wrote:
Sun 6 Jan 2019 6:37 PM
I'd suggest you Celt with +15str +10qui to max your damage output. Picking a Shar gives you +100hp and a Celt about 0.1 sec on your swing. Your choice but i think quickness will be very important in classic, the game is slower and hib doesn't have celerity so having this extra quickness makes the game much smoother as a melee.

Confused by this, I thought druids have a haste buff or are you talking about something else?
Mon 7 Jan 2019 11:34 PM by Dimir
PwnPants wrote:
Mon 7 Jan 2019 11:07 PM
Eodis wrote:
Sun 6 Jan 2019 6:37 PM

Confused by this, I thought druids have a haste buff or are you talking about something else?
Haste and Celerity stack, and Druid's only have Haste (or you could just use a potion for 17%).
Tue 8 Jan 2019 1:53 PM by Tritri
I don't understand not using Static Tempest on this serv
Mon 21 Jan 2019 1:26 PM by Telcontar
Is Determination really worth it ?

I'm up to Det 8 at the moment and I still seem to be stunned, mezzed, rooted an incredibly long time. I was in a fight with a 1-handed tank and he got 4 hits off on me before I was able to make any return.

Regularly against stealthers if they get the perf off on me. i can forget about even trying to make an attack. I'll be dead before the finish. And this isnt a case of being 2shotted. They are getting 5,6,7 attacks in and I'm just standing still through all of it

I think I'll be getting out of Det pretty soon and spending my points on more useful things
Mon 4 Feb 2019 4:19 PM by TJackson
Dude I just rolled a Champ over the weekend (I'm LOVING it). I only ever played a Mentalist on live and got quite good at it. But I never tried melee until now.

Thanks for posting this, it's EXACTLY what I was looking for over the weekend.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:36 PM by Saubau
How would you build for a 50 valor 50 large weapon rest parry lurikeen? Where would you allocate your points?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:13 PM by Afuldan
Telcontar wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 1:26 PM

I'm up to Det 8 at the moment and I still seem to be stunned, mezzed, rooted an incredibly long time. I was in a fight with a 1-handed tank and he got 4 hits off on me before I was able to make any return.

Regularly against stealthers if they get the perf off on me. i can forget about even trying to make an attack. I'll be dead before the finish. And this isnt a case of being 2shotted. They are getting 5,6,7 attacks in and I'm just standing still through all of it

I think I'll be getting out of Det pretty soon and spending my points on more useful things

Det is for spells. It doesn’t affect melee stuns. You need purge.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:25 PM by Telcontar
Afuldan wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:13 PM
Telcontar wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 1:26 PM

Det is for spells. It doesn’t affect melee stuns. You need purge.

Thanks, I didnt realise that. i guess I needed to read the small print.

Well having said that and running on my mentalist who doesnt have det then yes i can say that Det is definitely worth it!
Thu 14 Feb 2019 8:42 PM by Afuldan
Yeah I respecced after finding out that one.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:44 AM by patrell
Couple of questions on Champs:

Does acuity or Int, Pie, etc do anything for a champ? Power pool, DD Damage etc.

After a month of RvR on my champ and talking to guildie about his we have noticed the castable snare is resisted it feels like 80+% of the time is this normal or am i on glue? Would Mastery of Focus help? ( havent looked at the RAs to see if we can even spec it)
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:00 AM by Afuldan
patrell wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:44 AM
Couple of questions on Champs:

Does acuity or Int, Pie, etc do anything for a champ? Power pool, DD Damage etc.

After a month of RvR on my champ and talking to guildie about his we have noticed the castable snare is resisted it feels like 80+% of the time is this normal or am i on glue? Would Mastery of Focus help? ( havent looked at the RAs to see if we can even spec it)

There should be a casting stat for Champion.

What spec?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:10 AM by patrell
I went with the 50 LW 50 Valor 10 blades 6ish shield rest parry. The castable snare is Lvl 42 spell I just figured that it shouldn`t get resisted as much as it seems too.

The casting stat I have seen conflicting info out there so I was hoping some knowledgable champs would chime in and let me know
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:36 PM by Tellus
Question:
I'm almost lvl 50 on my champ, and would like some input to a spec I was thinking about:
42 Shield
39 Valor
50 Blades
6 Parry

Would it work, or is 50 blades just equal to gimping my self?

I've searched the forum for a simmilar spec, where you went 50 in a single hand weapon style, but havent found it.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 8:49 PM by Cellach
For grp I was thinking about:

50 Valor
38 LW
42 shield
10 Blades (side snare)
Mon 4 Mar 2019 9:16 PM by opossum12
Tellus wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:36 PM
Question:
I'm almost lvl 50 on my champ, and would like some input to a spec I was thinking about:
42 Shield
39 Valor
50 Blades
6 Parry

I've searched the forum for a simmilar spec, where you went 50 in a single hand weapon style, but havent found it.

Did you plan on grouping in RvR? If yes it is a very gimp spec.
Fri 8 Mar 2019 5:17 PM by Bonric
I was thinking of speccing my celt champion as:-

40 Valor
42 Shield
44 Blades
22 Parry

Although not the best nuke, its a reasonable tanking spec. Do you think it will be welcome in RvR?
Fri 8 Mar 2019 11:03 PM by Milchschnidde
50 Valor
42 shield
39 LW
6 to any 1 hand weapon
2 Parry.

This Hybrid setup should work very well for party play and should work for 1 on 1 duels

Utility and damage you are able to slam and guard while join the dmg assist train (debuffs are highest anyway).
You may slam, beat the shit out of the enemy with lw and switch back to ss and wait for the enemy to parry or block and switch back to LW to counter atack. (1vs1)
Depending on the situation, simply use the frontal style the snare him and just stretch the fight depending on the enemy until slam immunity is over ->slam again and then lw combo.
You basicly dont need after parry combo you counter the enemys defense...
You have a great side-combo when enemy is under stun.
1 Hand weapon taunt style is just for PVE, never use it on RVR unless in party play and you are guarding somebody.
Taunt = defensiv malus = lesser chance to block/parry and evade.
use unstyled to increase the chance of the enemy to block or to parry your atack and then switch to lw and backup the style with an anytimer or detaunt -Never use taunt!!!

As for small man party you can still block for somebody while, also beeing able to deal serious dmg at the enemy (side-chain). - depending on situation.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 8:51 PM by Catholocate
I used this spec on live 15 years ago. I think it's the best all around spec for 1h / shield.

40 Val, 44 blunt, 42 shield, rest Parry (I think it's like 17, can't remember)

40 Val because the debuffs (on live any way) were good enough, and the extra DPS from 44 wep and the extra defense from the huge Parry is great.

The reason for blunt was for the SI super slow attack speed 1h blunt weapon. Can't remember what it was called, seem to remember it being 4.5 spd.

I just had a blast as this spec. thought I'd share.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 8:02 AM by llaenor
Basically i'm running :

50 LW - 50 valor - 27 parry - 7 shield

I'm not yet 50 but i know that i'll have some spare points i guess i have 2 options : add in parry or drop this points in 1 hand weapons that can give an higher burst when using the shield spec !

i guess that thuis template is decent because the 7 shield wil give you the first lvl of stun + guard, protect, intercept ...
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:48 AM by Cadebrennus
Tellus wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:36 PM
Question:
42 Shield
39 Valor
50 Blades
6 Parry

The two stopping points for Blades are:

39 Blades (for the two part anytime ASR)
50 Blades (for the rear chain follow-up)

50 Blades is only necessary if you don't have a good rear DPS chain in another weapon line, or if you don't need more points in another spec line.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:50 AM by Cadebrennus
Bonric wrote:
Fri 8 Mar 2019 5:17 PM

40 Valor
42 Shield
44 Blades
22 Parry

Although not the best nuke, its a reasonable tanking spec. Do you think it will be welcome in RvR?

Since you're not going 50 Blades I recommend you stop at 39 Blades and point those extra points to use elsewhere.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:42 AM by Razur Ur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:50 AM
Bonric wrote:

40 Valor
42 Shield
44 Blades
22 Parry

Since you're not going 50 Blades I recommend you stop at 39 Blades and point those extra points to use elsewhere.

Is worst spec i have ever seen ;-/

Give Three specs how works and not more

50 LW
50 Valor
27 Parry
7 Shild ( engage)
6 Blades ( taunt style)

50 LW
39 Valor
42 Shild
6 Blades
2 Parry

38 LW
50 Valor
42 Shild
10 Blades (sidesnare nice at peeler)
2 Parry
Sat 26 Oct 2019 2:14 PM by Cadebrennus
Razur Ur wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:42 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:50 AM
Bonric wrote:

40 Valor
42 Shield
44 Blades
22 Parry

Is worst spec i have ever seen ;-/

Give Three specs how works and not more

50 LW
50 Valor
27 Parry
7 Shild ( engage)
6 Blades ( taunt style)

50 LW
39 Valor
42 Shild
6 Blades
2 Parry

38 LW
50 Valor
42 Shild
10 Blades (sidesnare nice at peeler)
2 Parry

I didn't post a spec, so there's no "worst spec" for you to comment on. Basically, 39 Blades and 50 Blades are the only two stopping points that make sense.

Shield can also be stopped at either 23 Shield or 35 Shield if you're good with positionals. I'm not really sold on 42 Shield anymore because all it's good for these days is giving your opponent a 45 second stun immunity.

Basically, I see any spec with 42 Shield as a "must have" listed is either for noobs, bad players who need a crutch in RvR, or both.
Thu 9 Apr 2020 9:31 AM by majedorcanie
For my celt :
40 Valor (all yellow buffs)
42 Shield (slam)
44 LW (side chain for dps after slam, good ws)
21 Blades (side snare)
8 Parry
Mon 13 Jul 2020 2:58 PM by labra
Heading mine to 50 LW, 50 Valor, 26 Parry, 7 Shield (engage), 10 Blade (side snare).

0 spare point
Thu 17 Sep 2020 5:09 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
Offensive champ: Maximized damage potential for group or solo play

50 LW - max damage, annihilation
50 valor - max everything that makes a champ a champ
21 parry - Defense and reactionaries
15 shield - Gives guard to protect others when needed and engage for closing with archers
12 blades - Taunt, side snare, and parry reactionary

Used all but 5 spec points.

Defensive champ: Maximized survivability at the cost of offensive output. Pain in the ass to kill.

50 valor
34 blunt - Reactionary haste debuff off of block, side positionals that snare and haste debuff as well
42 shield - Slam, reactionaries, positionals, plus great all around defense
20 parry

0 points remaining
Fri 2 Jul 2021 3:08 PM by Ash
With the new styles, i wonder if it is not better to go more hybrid and give upannihilation ...

what do you think?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics