Hero--Champ advice

Started 12 Mar 2020
by Jojones
in Hibernia
Hi folks!
I decided to make a hib tank but, since I mostly played a wizard back in classic, I have no experience whatsoever. I'm pending towards hero or champ, but I need help with race/starting stats combinations. My aim is to run duo/small/8v8. I don't mind ugly looking toons as long as I can easily cap everything with realm abilities.

Please tell me your preference, atm I'm thinking:

Hero:
celt 10 str, 10 con, 10 dex
bolg 15 str, 10 dex
luri???

Champ:
celt 10 str, 10 con, 10 dex
luri???

Are these all viable options or am I missing something?
Thanks
Thu 12 Mar 2020 6:32 PM by Freedomcall
Hero:
celt 15 str, 10 qui
bolg 15 str, 10 qui
shar 15 str, 10qui
luri 15 str, 10qui

Champ:
celt 15 str, 10qui
shar 15 str, 10qui
luri 15 str, 10qui
Thu 12 Mar 2020 6:56 PM by Jojones
Hi Freedom and thanks for your reply

Wow I really didn't expect your combinations! Can you tell me what's the reason for leaving behind dex-con?
Are there RA that allow me to cap dex-con later when I reach high realm ranks or they're just not as important as quickness?
Thu 12 Mar 2020 7:03 PM by Freedomcall
Hi,

investing into con would be nice if you solo, but if you are in grp, going offensive attributes as possible is best imo.
You will always have someone that will heal you, so 5str will matter more than 10con.

Same for dex.
Unless you are going to be pierce hero/champ, dex will be your stats for defense(block and parry).

Take offensive stats, like str and qui.

You can maybe remove qui from luri, if you have fixed druid grpmate that has MoArcane 5+ thou.
In case you are certain your quickness will exceed 250 all the time.
Thu 12 Mar 2020 8:30 PM by Jojones
Perfect, that's all very interesting!
So if I wanted to go full damage, my best bet would be rolling a bolg 15 str 10 qui
if I wanted full defense: luri 15 dex, 10 con
and celt in between

Thanks again
Thu 12 Mar 2020 9:28 PM by Freedomcall
Jojones wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020 8:30 PM
if I wanted full defense: luri 15 dex, 10 con

uhm, kinda true, but going dex wouldn't be good even as luri.
There are some attacks that you can't benefit from dex: for example, casters will hit you with spells, dex do nothing against spells.
Even with melee attacks, you can parry/block/evade against enemies that is on your front angle, so dex do nothing against attackers on your side/rear.
On the other hand, str will help all the time no matter what you do with your weapon(except your shield styles such as slam, but slam dmg is supposed to be poor already).

In conclusion, you can go 15str, 10con as a luri instead of 15str, 10qui: con will do good on any kind of dmg you will get at least.
Fri 13 Mar 2020 7:58 AM by DarkDavion
Is there a cap for the stats? Considering base + RA + buff? Is there a cap for the % of parry and block considering stats + skill +RA?
Is for NS cons a waste of point bcs he get less hp for point?
Ty for the answers
Fri 13 Mar 2020 8:22 AM by Sepplord
afaik this server doesn't have breakpoints and increasing a stat will always increase your benefits...

only exception is quickness for attackspeed calculations (it still helps with evades but the influence is miniscule)
Fri 13 Mar 2020 8:33 AM by DarkDavion
Lul can u reach 80% block rate maxing mastery of block?
Tue 8 Sep 2020 10:51 AM by inoeth
DarkDavion wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 8:33 AM
Lul can u reach 80% block rate maxing mastery of block?

in pve yes in rvr no there it is caped at 60%
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics