BM smallmen

Started 28 Feb 2020
by Vincent123
in Hibernia
Hello bois
Im near 50 with my celt BM, the original plan is to duo with a bard.

I was thinking going for a blade spec, 39blade 42shield 50CD rest parry, do you guys think there is a better spec for duo/small ?

For the swing speed, my goal should be to cap the 1.5s swings (with/without d/q charge & haste charge/potion) ? Or I don't really care ?
I was thinking using crafted 4.2 MH and 2.5 OH for a strater ? Then calculate with my buffed quick what should be my ideal set of weapons.
Is DD the best proc ? What about the endo drain proc and D/Q / S/C debuff proc ? Are they any good on this serv ? Should I switch weapons like a NS ?

Can you advise me about some "must have" items for smallman rvr ? I know I need charges S/C, D/Q, Haste maybe, and also potions, but maybe there are cool items I don't know about.

Thanks
Fri 28 Feb 2020 1:02 PM by Freedomcall
1. Spec
You can go piercing as well as blades. Spec is same. 50CD/42shield and then 39 blades or piercing.
You can reduce 1h weaponline as you gain rr.
If you go piercing, just make it composite 52 and put leftovers on parry. (ie, at rr5, piercing to 37+15 and rest to parry)
If you go blades, you have 2 options. One is too reduce blades just as same as piercing.
Second is to hold 39 blades regardless of rr, to keep 39 blades anytime 30% haste debuff chain.
It's up to you.

Piercing has an advantage against chain armor targets such as primary healers(cleric/healer) and speed classes(minstrel/skalds), etc.
Blades is neutral to all alb players and you have an advantage against mid stealthers and light tanks.
It's really up to you, but I think piercing could be pretty nice choice on smallman,
cuz most of the smallman enemies you'll encounter will include at least one speed classes(minstrel/skald).
Just my 2 cents thou.

2. charges
You don't need s/c, d/q charges on Phoenix. Just use composite forces barrels and it'll cover all your stats.
Instead, you should prepare abla charge. Buy an accessory that has 150/50% delve from feather merchant.
You should also buy Heart of Legion that has charge of 230 heal value.

3. Potions and Items
- composite forces barrel : bard can't cover spec s/c, d/q and haste
- endu pot(endu3/10min) : for perma sprint
- endu pot(80% gain) : sometimes this will be your lifesaver
- Instant heal pot(180 value) or normal heal pot(230 value): charge and pot do not share reuse time, so you should prepare both, pot and charge.
- stealth lore pot : you will need this for searching ssin targets that used vanish

4. Weapons
This will depend on your spec, but basic idea of this is to use slowest mainhand and fastest offhand weapon.
Reaching speed cap(1.5sec) will be nice, of course, but I personally think that's what you try with RAs(MoA, AugQui, etc...)
So, if you use blades, use 4.2/2.5 and if pierce use 3.9/2.2(or 2.4 is also ok).
Prepare a pair(mh/oh) of at least 99% qual ROG weapons with lifetap.
ROGs are better than crafted gears cuz LT is always better than DD in terms of proc.

And then you "can" prepare more feather weapons that has s/c or d/q procs, and swap mainhand while fighting.
(actually the sequence should be 1.wield debuff weapons and then 2.switch to LT weapons when it procs)
Blades has d/q debuff weapon and piercing has s/c debuff weapon.
But... will this be manageable in the chaos of fights?
Your primary things to focus on should be switching shield/offhand and using the right style to the right target.

You can also prepare weapons that has DoT procs, but remember bleeds/dots can break snare and CC.
I wouldn't use dot proc weapons unless I solo.

So... In conclusion,
switching weapons, up to 4(stat debuff, feather dot, crafted dot, LT), will be very crucial when you solo,
but just preparing a pair of mh/oh with LT would be enough for grp play imo,
Maybe more experienced BMs would think differently thou XD

5. Shield
Your main shield will be crafted small shield that has 2.8 speed. Apply a 11.3 dmg add proc on it.
If you have enough feathers, preparing dragon medium shield with 3.0 speed and swapping with small shield sometimes can help.
Medium shield has advantages on guarding your grpmate against melee assist, and against ranged attacks(bow).
But if you duo with bard all the time, you can just neglect medium shield i guess.

hm... what did i miss?
Not sure.. Maybe other BMs could also give more useful information!
GL!
Fri 28 Feb 2020 2:53 PM by Vincent123
Thanks a lot for the informations man, really valuable stuff here !
Fri 28 Feb 2020 3:50 PM by Azuell
When do you guys usually play? Our duo/trio is always looking for good fights on Friday nights NA time.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 7:45 AM by Vincent123
We are in Europe so Euro afternoon/prime time.
Friday nights NA time might be late for us unfortunately :/
Tue 3 Mar 2020 5:06 PM by Killaloth
If you plan to mainly duo then it's a no brainer, go pierce and I'd say go Elf pierce.

You will love the s/c debuff proc that you want to swap with a lifetap rog once it procs. That + add damage use + triple wield will make a difference.

Pierce because in any smallman fight you need to kill quickly the Skald VS mids (vulnerable to thurst) or the Ministrels VS albs (again vulnerable) or a caster (neutral to all). Also most support classes are weak to pierce except the friar that will never be the first target to kill unless u are retarded.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/armor-resist-tables

Bare in mind that vulnerability is 5% only now.

If you are below rr10 with your BM put it into the bin and roll a VW instead. A rr4 VW is much better than a rr10 BM for bard duo.

Elf because an evaded slam or snare is much better than any paper daoc calculation especially when you duo. You will evade a LOT with an Elf, which is fun and drives ppl crazy
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics