I need the stabby stabs (NS question)

Started 10 Feb 2020
by flyingnehpets
in Hibernia
Hi all,

What are the must have weapons for Nightshades these days? I've been away for a year and need a bit of a refresher!

Cheers,
- FN
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:59 AM by Chihuahua
Sword of Sorrow for PA (slowest MH)
D/Q debuff blade (i dont remember name)
Sword of Nuada after you PA + land D/Q debuff

MP slowest MH lifetap would be better then Nuada if you got cap swingspeed, but it's expensive and you probably wont cap swingspeed at lower ranks.

Go for mainhand free template
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:27 PM by flyingnehpets
Thanks for the reply!

Why slow MH for initial PA? Would I not want a faster MH to land my CD stun that much quicker?

I have a lot of player crafted weapons with, I think, DoT procs. These sound like they are obsolete?
Also: Lifetap?! I don't remember LT procs. I will need to look in to this.

Again, thank you for the information

- FN
Mon 10 Feb 2020 7:32 PM by Cadebrennus
flyingnehpets wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:27 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Why slow MH for initial PA? Would I not want a faster MH to land my CD stun that much quicker?

I have a lot of player crafted weapons with, I think, DoT procs. These sound like they are obsolete?

- FN

You definitely want to cap swing speed on Perf to nearly guarantee a successful CD stun. In addition, it serves you better to use the slowest possible weapon on the CD style because CD is multiplicative like most styles whereas Perf is additive.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:30 PM by flyingnehpets
Awesome, thank you for the reply!

Looks like I may need to tweak some items around. I'm fairly certain that my swing speed is not capped. I also seem to have built my template with a weaponless MH, but the OH was interchangeable with a Galla OH (I don't recall the name). Small tweaks and new weapons on the horizon. Hopefully I won't need to farm feathers for too much.

I appreciate the replies!
- FN
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:51 PM by Cadebrennus
flyingnehpets wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 8:30 PM

Looks like I may need to tweak some items around. I'm fairly certain that my swing speed is not capped. I also seem to have built my template with a weaponless MH, but the OH was interchangeable with a Galla OH (I don't recall the name). Small tweaks and new weapons on the horizon. Hopefully I won't need to farm feathers for too much.

- FN

Np. I had originally temped around the Galla 20% haste OH myself, but then I realized that was stupid and just started temping around a crafted 20% haste OH. Now I'm fully weaponless and completely capped regardless of the MH in a full LT suit, which was a bitch to farm for.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 10:50 PM by flyingnehpets
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:51 PM
flyingnehpets wrote:

- FN

Np. I had originally temped around the Galla 20% haste OH myself, but then I realized that was stupid and just started temping around a crafted 20% haste OH. Now I'm fully weaponless and completely capped regardless of the MH in a full LT suit, which was a bitch to farm for.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Full Lifetap suit? When did that become and thing and how reliable is it? I'm currently running 3 ablative and 3 heal. I always wanted to try a DoT suit but that feels like something I would test at a higher RR.

Also, this SB post about buffs and charges, can I apply it as a Nightshade?

- FN
Tue 11 Feb 2020 5:37 AM by Cadebrennus
flyingnehpets wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 10:50 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 9:51 PM
flyingnehpets wrote:

- FN

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Full Lifetap suit? When did that become and thing and how reliable is it? I'm currently running 3 ablative and 3 heal. I always wanted to try a DoT suit but that feels like something I would test at a higher RR.

Also, this SB post about buffs and charges, can I apply it as a Nightshade?

- FN

I haven't really tested the Lifetap suit extensively yet, and no it's not the 'meta' yet, so don't worry about it. The reason I brought it up is because with a single crafted weapon I can temp around I can still get a capped suit even with something as notoriously hard as 4 ROG armor pieces (plus glove and boot MP pieces). It's pretty easy here on Phoenix.

Regarding the SB thread definitely pay attention to what the other realms are saying about what they use and don't use. Especially in the case of Assassins your tactics are fairly universal.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:49 AM by Chihuahua
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 7:32 PM
flyingnehpets wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

- FN

You definitely want to cap swing speed on Perf to nearly guarantee a successful CD stun. In addition, it serves you better to use the slowest possible weapon on the CD style because CD is multiplicative like most styles whereas Perf is additive.

Slower MH hits harder. Some people like faster weapons to land CD sooner, however i haven't had problems with a slow MH.
Also you asked about dot procs - i actually have them as my 11th and 12th weapons but rarely use them. Dot variance is too huge (you will need magic cap to reduce variance). I would take other procs over dot anytime.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:23 PM by Sepplord
Chihuahua wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:49 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
flyingnehpets wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

- FN

Slower MH hits harder. Some people like faster weapons to land CD sooner, however i haven't had problems with a slow MH.
Also you asked about dot procs - i actually have them as my 11th and 12th weapons but rarely use them. Dot variance is too huge (you will need magic cap to reduce variance). I would take other procs over dot anytime.

JFYI PA styledmg isn't influenced by weaponspeed, using a slow weapon for PA only cripples you
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:35 PM by Cadebrennus
Chihuahua wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:49 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
flyingnehpets wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

- FN

Magic cap to reduce variance on a DoT weapon? I definitely missed that. Where is this info? If it's true I'm definitely interested in checking it out.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:37 PM by The Skies Asunder
All you really need is Shadow Walkers Blade for the D/Q debuff, and a bunch of lifetap ROG blades. I carry about 8 on my NS, of varying speeds. If you for whatever reason want DoT procs, you can craft up a few of them also, but generally I would say LT is superior. Having a DA charge item is nice at times too, if you don't need to use a legion heal charge during a fight (Even though these aren't weapons).
Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:30 PM by flyingnehpets
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:37 PM
All you really need is Shadow Walkers Blade for the D/Q debuff, and a bunch of lifetap ROG blades. I carry about 8 on my NS, of varying speeds. If you for whatever reason want DoT procs, you can craft up a few of them also, but generally I would say LT is superior. Having a DA charge item is nice at times too, if you don't need to use a legion heal charge during a fight (Even though these aren't weapons).

Thanks for the suggestion!

At what point would I pop the DA charge? I'm not sure I like the idea of using the DA charge over the Legion Heal. I haven't played yet so thi smay be a questionI can answer myself once I have some RvR under my belt again.

- FN
Tue 11 Feb 2020 11:00 PM by flyingnehpets
Forgive me if I missed mention of the offhand weapons. Is it safe to assume that the offhand weapons to use should be an LT weapon? And should it be the fastest or slowest?

After looking at my RA's I will have my swing speed capped or just shy of it.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 12:03 AM by The Skies Asunder
flyingnehpets wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:30 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestion!

At what point would I pop the DA charge? I'm not sure I like the idea of using the DA charge over the Legion Heal. I haven't played yet so thi smay be a questionI can answer myself once I have some RvR under my belt again.

Generally you would pop the DA charge right after Perf, or just before you attack someone if you can get away with having it up and then getting back into stealth. As for offhand weapons I would suggest LT as well. I like running the slowest possible offhand, but there way be some contention on reasons to do so.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 3:45 AM by flyingnehpets
Awesome. I appreciate the infos!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics