Blade Ranger Race/Attributes

Started 30 Dec 2019
by Nevsky
in Hibernia
I guess it's more of a question of Con Hp growth, but is the hp to con rate on rangers good enough to make it relevant? I had considered Celt for the racial resists and +10 quick but afaik quick can be capped pretty easily, so for me im just not sure what's gonna give the best overall survivability.

Was also wondering if it was worth dumping anything into qui at all because of the cap and just going +15 str +10 con.

Any help is appreciated.
Tue 31 Dec 2019 2:26 AM by daytonchambers
If you intend to focus on the melee aspect of the class than I'd say Celt is the way to go. The HP per con isn't anything to write home about on the ranger so the extra health on the shar is of little benefit vs the loss of the other stats. Celts also get that innate 3% slash resist that you pointed out, which is handy vs the bulk of enemies you'll likely face.

With +75 quick and the yellow D/Q from pathfinding my keen ranger has 259 quickness, and she has no starting points in quick. Doing the math, Celts start with twenty less qui so if you went +10 in str dex qui you should be just one point shy of the cap for speed 259 - 20 for celt +10 for starting stats.

I would suggest +10dex vs con. Partially because of the dismal health per pt of con that Rangers get, but also for a bit more evade and bow damage. Because even pure melee rangers need to shoot sometimes, and if they aren't then they're doing it wrong
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics