Cheap mentalist temp

Started 1 Dec 2019
by watbrif
in Hibernia
Hello,

anyone any tips for a cheap light mentalist template? Nothing fancy that's super expensive or takes extremely long to farm - I basically need something that allows me to run in bg without embarrassing myself. Any suggestions or even full temp recommendations welcome (I have also no idea how much a "cheap" temp would actually be).

Edit: Would it actually be ok just to run around with the epic for now? Seeing that this is my first 50, I don't really feel the desire to farm endlessly before I can do a bit of rvr....
Sun 1 Dec 2019 10:52 AM by Goforit
Caster temps are the easiest ones and the cheapest ones.
Items you need: SI necklace (great stats), Galla chest (heal proc), Tasty chunk of legion (power boost).
Thats enough for beginning, or even enough in any case. Then you need rogs, like 45 utility. You can farm them, or buy them in housing.
If you choose the rogs right, so that nothing overcaps, and the utility is high enough, you can go weaponless, meaning the stats of your weapon are not needed.
Then buy 5 armor pieces and SC them, to cap everything....done.
In any case....either you farm the rogs, or you buy them....so, you need some sort of farming/money, but its not much.

You can run in BG as you want, just put a color on your epic and no one will realize :p
But its more fun, if your templated.
Tue 31 Dec 2019 3:07 AM by daytonchambers
When I was starting out in Hib and had no money for the best toys I used a lifetap chestpiece I got from farming. The stats were decent enough and the LT reactive will proc and interrupt archers shooting at you, where the Galla heal will not. Interrupting ranged damage can potentially let you regain initiative in a fight, which in my opinion far outweighs that heal from the Galla chestpiece that procs far less often than I'd like.

I agree somewhat with what Goforit said, The SI necklace has great stats and it's free, plus that same quest gets you a staff with a lot of +int on it, a 54util gem that also has pretty good stats for a fresh 50, and a crappy ring. Def worth the time.

Get a chestpiece with decent utility, and a lifetap proc if you can. Then zerg surf and run raids till you can afford something nicer. As a DPS I probably would not get the legion power heal item, MCL and a power potion are more than adequate when you're starting out running with the zerg.

If you have your heart set on a Galla chestpiece just know that the item alone will double the cost of your template at current market rates (5-6p per 20k feathers). Skimp on that and get a solid RoG vest with a lv 47 lifetap from housing and you could build a full suit that covers all your basic needs for 5p or less, depending on how many items you farm yourself.

Just my 2c
Sat 4 Jan 2020 8:33 PM by watbrif
daytonchambers wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 3:07 AM
When I was starting out in Hib and had no money for the best toys I used a lifetap chestpiece I got from farming. The stats were decent enough and the LT reactive will proc and interrupt archers shooting at you, where the Galla heal will not. Interrupting ranged damage can potentially let you regain initiative in a fight, which in my opinion far outweighs that heal from the Galla chestpiece that procs far less often than I'd like.

I agree somewhat with what Goforit said, The SI necklace has great stats and it's free, plus that same quest gets you a staff with a lot of +int on it, a 54util gem that also has pretty good stats for a fresh 50, and a crappy ring. Def worth the time.

Get a chestpiece with decent utility, and a lifetap proc if you can. Then zerg surf and run raids till you can afford something nicer. As a DPS I probably would not get the legion power heal item, MCL and a power potion are more than adequate when you're starting out running with the zerg.

If you have your heart set on a Galla chestpiece just know that the item alone will double the cost of your template at current market rates (5-6p per 20k feathers). Skimp on that and get a solid RoG vest with a lv 47 lifetap from housing and you could build a full suit that covers all your basic needs for 5p or less, depending on how many items you farm yourself.

Just my 2c

This helps a lot, thanks!
Mon 6 Jan 2020 3:46 AM by Sepplord
depending on your playstyle though, don't get reactive-dmgproccs on your armor...

that might kill you more (because it breaks root/snare on tanks that hit you) than it saves you (because an archer got interrupted that you otherwise couldn't have killed)
Mon 6 Jan 2020 5:20 AM by Sixin2082
The legion power and life heals can be used from inventory. So, if you wanted to go cheap, get ROGs instead and buy those after you can afford it.

The staff you get from the SI neck quest is alright, and has a 331 DD charge.

Get a ROG chest with decent stats and a heal or lt proc.

Find 50+ util ROGs for your jewelry and the rest of your items can be player made 99 quality and you should still be able to cap your critical items. Use regular ablative procs on your armor as you can afford them. They're usually on the CMs for not a terrible price, and you can install them yourself with 2 points in alchemy.

You've just made a template without using any feathers, that will carry you will enough until you can get something better. The armor will cost you around 1p, the procs 1p, and the jewelry should be under 2 if you take the time to diligently look through the CMs for stu wantff that doesn't overlap.

If you want, you can use the SI neck quest Jewel, and I think the 3 wishes has an option for a 50 util cloak.

If you spend the time to skill up metal working, it'll cost under 300 gold, you can salvage/trinket your epic for 1.4p
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics