Champion Spec?

Started 27 Oct 2019
by ceto287
in Hibernia
Hiya folks,

I'm making a Champion for mostly solo level and pve raids and rvr at 50. Am I better off speccing sword and shield or 2 handed weapons?

Thanks!
Mon 28 Oct 2019 8:19 AM by llaenor
Hello mate,

Here is my spec : 50LW - 50 valor - 27 parry - 7 shield

And i put what stays in onr hand weapons.

In my opinion this template is balanced with both of the tanking and DPS aspects

Some will ask why 7 in shield : the answer is for the guard / pro / intercept and for the numb.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:08 AM by Razur Ur
For solo level skill LW and Valor similar until lvl. 50.

Some Guys playing without out slam another guys playing with slam.

For rvr with lvl. 50 is this spec very smart.

38 LW
42 shild
50 valor
10 Blades ( sidesnare for peeling)
4 parry
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:11 AM by ceto287
Thanks, this is great!
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:37 PM by Cadebrennus
If you're comfortable with positional styles try 23 Shield and allocate the rest of the points accordingly. You can do the positionals one of two ways;
1) Positional backed up by the anytime (numb)
2) Positional backed up by another positional (eg. Side backed up by Rear and Rear backed up by Side)
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:53 PM by Razur Ur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:37 PM
If you're comfortable with positional styles try 23 Shield and allocate the rest of the points accordingly. You can do the positionals one of two ways;
2) Positional backed up by another positional (eg. Side backed up by Rear and Rear backed up by Side)

I want see that you hit with side/back stun a SB with anytimer snare ;-). Your spec is only well in group but you have low weapon skill for to hit bonus.
Have you anyone time played a Champ solo rvr if yes than say me your name from champ iam interesting :-).
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:05 PM by Cadebrennus
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:53 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:37 PM

I want see that you hit with side/back stun a SB with anytimer snare ;-). Your spec is only well in group but you have low weapon skill for to hit bonus.
Have you anyone time played a Champ solo rvr if yes than say me your name from champ iam interesting :-).

Nope I'm not a Champion player. I have more experience with general melee than with the grab bag of tools that a Champion has. That being said, nailing a side or rear stun isn't that hard (see Hunters, Rangers, and BMs.) That's the sort of thing you want to back up with Numb when solo. Backing up a positional with another positional is more of a group thing, however.

If you don't believe me regarding the positional stuns then you should really take a good look at the forum here and see the endless pages of whine posts about "anytime" positional stuns.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:15 PM by Razur Ur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:05 PM
Nope I'm not a Champion player. I have more experience with general melee than with the grab bag of tools that a Champion has. That being said, nailing a side or rear stun isn't that hard (see Hunters, Rangers, and BMs.) That's the sort of thing you want to back up with Numb when solo. Backing up a positional with another positional is more of a group thing, however.

If you don't believe me regarding the positional stuns then you should really take a good look at the forum here and see the endless pages of whine posts about "anytime" positional stuns.

Mmh is me new that Hunter and Ranger got shild spec and BM have higher WS than a Champion. Do it a champ and try it on solo fights. BM have higher
Weaponskill because of mainhand specline.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 7:41 PM by Cadebrennus
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:15 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:05 PM

Mmh is me new that Hunter and Ranger got shild spec and BM have higher WS than a Champion. Do it a champ and try it on solo fights. BM have higher
Weaponskill because of mainhand specline.

Dude. Rangers and NS have side stun in the Celtic Dual line and Hunters have a rear stun in the Spear line.

My point is that there are people (like you) who say it's almost impossible to execute these styles in 1v1 (not true), and there are people (whiners who face these styles) who say that they're so easy to execute in 1v1 that they may as well be anytime styles (also not true.)

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I'm not trying to be a dick but if you're going to be a smartass when I'm trying to point out different ways of achieving something then maybe you should look into it before smashing the keys in a flurry of uninformed fury.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:40 PM by Razur Ur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 7:41 PM
Dude. Rangers and NS have side stun in the Celtic Dual line and Hunters have a rear stun in the Spear line.

My point is that there are people (like you) who say it's almost impossible to execute these styles in 1v1 (not true), and there are people (whiners who face these styles) who say that they're so easy to execute in 1v1 that they may as well be anytime styles (also not true.)

I'm not trying to be a dick but if you're going to be a smartass when I'm trying to point out different ways of achieving something then maybe you should look into it before smashing the keys in a flurry of uninformed fury.

you cannot weapon specline compare with shild spec line which is an offhand. hunter have with weapon spec a higher WS how like only shild spec. Hope you
knowing for what Weaponskill is. I have with LW 38 a higher Weaponskill how with 42 shild and 10 Blade. Hope you know what i mean and the same is by
Hunter with spear spec or ns with dual weapon. both have higher to hit rate throught Weaponskill. thats is the reason for me to say build a champ and try it out.

If you tell us how best to play a ranger spect and I believe it right away but please do not recommend someone to be a spec without having ever played this class with your suggested spec.

Sorry for my bad english :-(

PS:
I play for over 10 years champion and have tried in the time various specs and recommend the specs where I personally have fun in RVR what group and solo concerns and there is slam simply with the most chilled vs strafer dudes.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 12:28 AM by gotwqqd
I really want to see the game macro system implement backups so one click
Tue 29 Oct 2019 6:36 AM by Cadebrennus
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:40 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 7:41 PM

you cannot weapon specline compare with shild spec line which is an offhand. hunter have with weapon spec a higher WS how like only shild spec. Hope you
knowing for what Weaponskill is. I have with LW 38 a higher Weaponskill how with 42 shild and 10 Blade. Hope you know what i mean and the same is by
Hunter with spear spec or ns with dual weapon. both have higher to hit rate throught Weaponskill. thats is the reason for me to say build a champ and try it out.

If you tell us how best to play a ranger spect and I believe it right away but please do not recommend someone to be a spec without having ever played this class with your suggested spec.

Sorry for my bad english :-(

PS: Aussprache lernen

I play for over 10 years champion and have tried in the time various specs and recommend the specs where I personally have fun in RVR what group and solo concerns and there is slam simply with the most chilled vs strafer dudes.

My first character was a Merc and I played that for a very long time as well. I was the first Saracen Thrust Merc on the server, and probably the first in the game. I was also one of the earliest of the light tanks to use a Shield, both at 42 and at a lower spec. So I do know something about tanks as well. While I am not an expert on the non-melee aspects of a Champion, I do know something about tank melee, which is why I gave my input on the Shield. Best of luck on your Champion.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:59 AM by Razur Ur
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 6:36 AM
My first character was a Merc and I played that for a very long time as well. I was the first Saracen Thrust Merc on the server, and probably the first in the game. I was also one of the earliest of the light tanks to use a Shield, both at 42 and at a lower spec. So I do know something about tanks as well. While I am not an expert on the non-melee aspects of a Champion, I do know something about tank melee, which is why I gave my input on the Shield. Best of luck on your Champion.

i thought me this, that you played a merc and with merc is ok with 35 shild spec but what have you spec mainhand by merc? Throught your mainhand spec you get
higher Weaponskill! Higher Weaponskill you get higher to hit rate or lower missrate with your shild style and this is the different to the spec from a Champion.
If you want play a champ with only 35shild spec than you needed for better Weaponskill/higher to hit bonus 50spec in mainhand how blunt, pierce or blade
skill.

I hope you understand now what I want out.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 8:35 AM by gotwqqd
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:59 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 6:36 AM

i thought me this, that you played a merc and with merc is ok with 35 shild spec but what have you spec mainhand by merc? Throught your mainhand spec you get
higher Weaponskill! Higher Weaponskill you get higher to hit rate or lower missrate with your shild style and this is the different to the spec from a Champion.
If you want play a champ with only 35shild spec than you needed for better Weaponskill/higher to hit bonus 50spec in mainhand how blunt, pierce or blade
skill.

I hope you understand now what I want out.

My guess
35 shield
50 DW
Weapon 34+
Parry what allows

Use DW styles
Tue 29 Oct 2019 8:45 AM by Razur Ur
How I said, you can not compare a champ to a Merc, which is like comparing apples to pears.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 9:54 AM by llaenor
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 8:45 AM
How I said, you can not compare a champ to a Merc, which is like comparing apples to pears.

You can ... Both are fruits :-D
Thu 5 Dec 2019 9:09 PM by MacPrior
For me the champ is a failed try to make a debuffing melee class.
Champ has nothing special. OK, he could be interesting for solo fights against an unbuffed enemy. So at classic server even as a super solo killer.

As a group char the champ is a totally failed class. As a melee both - light melee BM and heavy melee a hero makes the job better. Better WA, more damage, more skillpoints, better abilities.
Debuffs? Well, eldrich and ench both could use those debuff too. If a group assisting a champ is wasted room in a group.

Later mythic developed this model and implemented the better of such version of a hybrid - a Valewalker and a Reaver. Both are much more ineteresting in this role.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 11:03 PM by Goforit
Champ is one of best solo classes.

In group he can peel in a caster grp, or going with assist train in a melee grp.

I think its a cool class.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 8:02 AM by Razur Ur
Champ need rr5 ability or same base melee dmg how a fian :-/ for more fun ^_^.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 12:45 PM by bigne88
I hope you also got loads of plats to buy your template. With a lot, I mean a lot a lot.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:27 PM by watbrif
MacPrior wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 9:09 PM
Later mythic developed this model and implemented the better of such version of a hybrid - a Valewalker and a Reaver. Both are much more ineteresting in this role.

I find the contrast to a Thane even more stark (because that's also a classic class). Instant dd, dd, aoe etc. and it doesn't even have to spec large weapons as an extra category ... I mean, come on.
Mon 9 Dec 2019 7:20 AM by Razur Ur
watbrif wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:27 PM
MacPrior wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 9:09 PM

I find the contrast to a Thane even more stark (because that's also a classic class). Instant dd, dd, aoe etc. and it doesn't even have to spec large weapons as an extra category ... I mean, come on.

Well played thane is on this server stronger as champion atm :-/, i cant undestand why not give endureduce chant and intdebuff this champion on phönix server
for more groupavaible.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics