Farming DS / HOH

Started 25 Oct 2019
by llaenor
in Hibernia
Hi there,

Sending this message there, because since few days i'm looking for a group to farm DS / HOH.

But it seem that my champion is not really in the meta so there are no group that "allow" me to join to farm this instances.

So if there are here some people that can be interested, just let me know !
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:29 AM by Freedomcall
I have done DS a few times with champ.
Champs are not as tanky as heros, but are better than BM.
Thx to Valor debuffs and scale armor, champs can do DS just fine.
You should talk to ppl that aren't aware of this fact.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:34 AM by Chaskha
If your champion has a very fast one hand and a shield, you can tank in DS.
Put protect on the main dealer, guard someone (for the fun).
Use your taunt style only and an occasional numb to rupt.

Obviously you need the main stats, hitpoints capped and correct resists.

For HoH, I've seen Champions doing the offtank job with their LW spec.

While Hero is the common tank, Champion is definitly not outside of the meta if your stuff is correct and you're willing to spec for PvE
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:44 AM by llaenor
Chaskha wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:34 AM
If your champion has a very fast one hand and a shield, you can tank in DS.
Put protect on the main dealer, guard someone (for the fun).
Use your taunt style only and an occasional numb to rupt.

Obviously you need the main stats, hitpoints capped and correct resists.

For HoH, I've seen Champions doing the offtank job with their LW spec.

While Hero is the common tank, Champion is definitly not outside of the meta if your stuff is correct and you're willing to spec for PvE

I trust you for sure but for ex yesterday i found a group and when i gave them my spec they say : we'll have to find another tank ...

My champ basic spec is : 50 LW + 50 valor + 27 parry + 7 shield (without all the extra points that are giving me my gears).

I'm actually full lvl 51 stuff + all enchat and SCed i'm just 3/6 on procs !

So i guess that it's decent.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:47 AM by Razur Ur
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:29 AM

i got no times group with champ for DS ;-/. most group want only speed run!!!!
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:51 AM by llaenor
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:47 AM
Freedomcall wrote:

i got no times group for DS ;-/. most group want only speed run!!!!

True story.

Only looking for Animists, ment, eld, enchants ...
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:54 AM by Chaskha
Not for DS.
I do tank DS and lead it sometimes with my animist too.
What is the pre-requisite to tanking DS ? You swing your taunt as fast as possible.
Fastest one hand weapon, maxed quickness. And dexterity (correct me if I am wrong) to augment the chances to hit.

Other than that, well, you need to be tanky and block/parry alot so the druid is not crying to keep you alive.

Your current spec is not DS friendly. You have two options: respec to do some instances and stack some feathers or level a Hero, get it to RR3Lx or so then store it to do PvE while you're having fun doing RvR with your champ.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:55 AM by Freedomcall
Well that could be a problem.
You need shield spec for sure.
I thought your champ was 50Valor 42shield 38LW 10Blades.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:58 AM by llaenor
Chaskha wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:54 AM
Not for DS.
I do tank DS and lead it sometimes with my animist too.
What is the pre-requisite to tanking DS ? You swing your taunt as fast as possible.
Fastest one hand weapon, maxed quickness. And dexterity (correct me if I am wrong) to augment the chances to hit.

Other than that, well, you need to be tanky and block/parry alot so the druid is not crying to keep you alive.

Your current spec is not DS friendly. You have two options: respec to do some instances and stack some feathers or level a Hero, get it to RR3Lx or so then store it to do PvE while you're having fun doing RvR with your champ.

I guess you're right, but i did all my template only for RvR so i def don't wanna respec because it won't change anything, my items are SCed about the temp i built, o i think a repec won't be game changing.

So atleast you think that HOH is "better" for a LW champ ?
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:00 AM by llaenor
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:55 AM

Yeah that what i mean : i'm out of the meta.

I can't say i'm sure because i've never been in DS, but i guess it could still be managable with my spec, this just won't be a fast run, but must be managable !

And i guess the main prob is not really my spec but only the fact that people only want to do runs to break the guiness of records !
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:02 AM by Freedomcall
llaenor wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:51 AM
Razur Ur wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:

True story.

Ppl want speed runs cuz they don't want to waste 2-3 hours for doing a single DS run.(You can run DS in 30minish on hib usually)
While I don't like ppl wanting only experienced players, you should at least prepare a class/spec for right composition.
Cuz composition really matters.
If you don't have any class for DS(which hib usually run compared to HoH these days), why don't you lvl an ani for DS/farm?
Animist is the easiest one to lvl50 and there are always 4 spots for ani in DS runs.

llaenor wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:00 AM
Yeah that what i mean : i'm out of the meta.

I can't say i'm sure because i've never been in DS, but i guess it could still be managable with my spec, this just won't be a fast run, but must be managable !

And i guess the main prob is not really my spec but only the fact that people only want to do runs to break the guiness of records !

Sry to say this, but no, it's not 'managable'.
And ppl actually don't care about records.
They just don't enjoy wiping multiple times in DS runs.(And I'm sure you won't enjoy it either when you get used to DS)
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:07 AM by llaenor
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:02 AM
llaenor wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

True story.

Ppl want speed runs cuz they don't want to waste 2-3 hours for doing a single DS run.(You can run DS in 30minish on hib usually)
While I don't like ppl wanting only experienced players, you should at least prepare a class/spec for right composition.
If you don't have any class for DS(which hib usually run compared to HoH these days), why don't you lvl an ani for DS/farm?
Animist is the easiest one to lvl50 and there are always 4 spots for ani in DS runs.

I'm on Phoenix since a bit less than 2 weeks so i only have a champ 50.

And I'm not starting an ani, because I don't wanna play a class that i don't wanna play. Ani are def not based on skill (imo), and i don't wanna fall in this kind of cheaty way.

At least if ppl don't really wanna play with a champion it will take more time and i'm fine with this.

But i do agree with you about the people that only wanna do speed runs.

And there is something in the middle of 20 min and 3 hours.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:09 AM by Chaskha
As for running instances with pure noobs, most people leading it have done a good 50 runs with noobs already.
What is the experience like:
- Some noobs actually listen and/or ask questions to be sure not to screw up, they pay attention and your run is pretty fast, you love them, you want to invite them again.
- Most noobs listen, do not get it but are afraid to say so. They screw up, the group got to release which is fine but gets annoying after the 5th time.
- Few noobs don't listen, it's only PvE how can it be hard. You release a lot. This kind will blame someone else, always. After a run with this kind of asshole, you want ONLY to speed run that day - no way you invite someone you've not appreciated in the past.

The two first kind are ok to be honest because at one point, the shy noob will get a bit more comfortable and ask questions, he will get better.

Ultimately, when you do many runs, you get a list of good contacts and will try to run with them in priority.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:21 AM by Chaskha
llaenor wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:07 AM
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:02 AM
llaenor wrote:
True story.

I'm on Phoenix since a bit less than 2 weeks so i only have a champ 50.

And I'm not starting an ani, because I don't wanna play a class that i don't wanna play. Ani are def not based on skill (imo), and i don't wanna fall in this kind of cheaty way.

At least if ppl don't really wanna play with a champion it will take more time and i'm fine with this.

But i do agree with you about the people that only wanna do speed runs.

And there is something in the middle of 20 min and 3 hours.
I'll make it simple for you: as soon as the tank loose aggro or doesn't gain aggro fast enough, the mob will go to the shrooms and the tank can kiss goodbye getting aggro back fast enough, the animists will get hit, the druid will suddenly have much more health bars to manage, his mana will deplete, shrooms may die too, while dealing with the mess and loosing time, the mezzed mobs will break loose and suddenly, low mana and chaos will get everyone RIP.

So yes, it will take 3h. It may as well not succeed at all.

There is a setup and specs to respect to avoid this. It's not an elitist thing at all.

Maybe HoH is possible though but I leave HoH leads to answer - I've only led DS runs.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:22 AM by llaenor
Chaskha wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:09 AM
As for running instances with pure noobs, most people leading it have done a good 50 runs with noobs already.
What is the experience like:
- Some noobs actually listen and/or ask questions to be sure not to screw up, they pay attention and your run is pretty fast, you love them, you want to invite them again.
- Most noobs listen, do not get it but are afraid to say so. They screw up, the group got to release which is fine but gets annoying after the 5th time.
- Few noobs don't listen, it's only PvE how can it be hard. You release a lot. This kind will blame someone else, always. After a run with this kind of asshole, you want ONLY to speed run that day - no way you invite someone you've not appreciated in the past.

The two first kind are ok to be honest because at one point, the shy noob will get a bit more comfortable and ask questions, he will get better.

Ultimately, when you do many runs, you get a list of good contacts and will try to run with them in priority.

I do agree but that's weird because people that did like 651628116613 runs already were noobs aswell when they started, and they were happy to find someone to share knowledge.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:27 AM by Freedomcall
I find it really weird when ppl blame others for being very stubborn themselves.
But fine, gl.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:35 AM by llaenor
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:27 AM
I find it really weird when ppl blame others for being very stubborn themselves.
But fine, gl.

What do you mean ?
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:37 AM by Chaskha
Those people with a gazillion runs, have been noobs sure but also they have shared knowledge, tips, guidance for hours long.

I'll give you an exemple with myself, I'm not one of the top runner, I got 80 instance runs.
The first 10 instances, I was a noob but the listen/ask kind. At my 10th DS, I decided to take notes.
I started to use my notes to do runs around my 15th run. Since then, maybe there was 5 runs that I did not lead.
So I've run and led 50 DS (I got 10 HoH iun which I'm still a noob).
Out of these 50 runs, I got 5 runs under 30 minutes. Maybe 15 between 30 and 1h and the 30 other where over an hour.

Do the math, it's on vocal, it's over 40h of explaining to people what to do, choosing my words to explain without being hurtful, sometimes helping someone with his gear, sometimes trying to simplify the english for people not speaking it fluently etc...

Do not assume big runners never shared. It's just that at one point you are exhausted and you just want a run where no one has to talk because we all know this shit by heart and want to enjoy it actually.

I think after giving back, there is a well deserved cool down period to enjoy too and taking newbies becomes more occasional. Nothing to blame really.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:44 AM by llaenor
Well at least, thanks for sharing with me guys.

i guess that I got my explanations
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:47 AM by Razur Ur
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:55 AM

Champ need with only 42 shild ra spec master of block 4 or 5 for nice blockrate vs high level mobs, this cost 6k feathern and the champ must hope,
that he got a good ds run group for wasted 6k feathern.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 7:33 AM by Lillebror
I rerolled from Albion to Hib for some visual small man RvR with some from my live guild.
Plan was to farm feathers in DS for cash. So far i managed to get 4 runs in Hib (2-3 runs short of the title in Albion)

My problem now is credits, i underestimated the fact that i need credits too.
Do someone lead Legion, Summoner halls, Dragon or Galla weekly in EU prime time? Cant say i have noticed so far.

Ps:
From my experience in Albion i find tatic on first boss strange in Hib, (might have been changed in Albion too, for all i know) but here in Hib you just out damage it instead of move out of sight of the spawned staffs. Is it due to the static shrooms?

@staff: Is the Dark Tower title account wide?
Wed 30 Oct 2019 1:02 PM by chryso
I believe credit for Legion and Summoner hall raids count for all realms regardless of which realm you were in when you got the credit.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 12:17 PM by Lillebror
chryso wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 1:02 PM
I believe credit for Legion and Summoner hall raids count for all realms regardless of which realm you were in when you got the credit.

Can a GM verify this?

That would be great as i got most frontier stuff from playing Albion.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 5:01 PM by Dadbodosteel
I can confirm legion and frontiers are shared. So is DS and hoh. The only things that aren't are dragon zone and epic zone.

Also 2 handers aren't great as offtank in hoh due to slow swing speed, still need one handers.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics