Problems in Hibernia

Started 24 Oct 2019
by Gorgoroth
in Hibernia
Hi all,

So far - of all 3 Realms - Hibernia seems to have the least amount of encounter Raids. By far.
Once I heard that its once every 2 weeks, others say, that its one Encounter Raid per month.

That’s really bad for people, either new to the game of joining Hib from another realm.

May I ask why that is? It cant be, that everyone already has the encounters, as plenty of ppl ask in Advice and LFG Chat for them.

Also, finding a grp to level in Hibernia, unless you pick a class that is literally META to level up (bombs, anis and heals) you are pretty much out of luck most of the time and have to farm exp items to get some exp.
This also includes the Pilzpower RVR BG. Unless you are 50 or really close to it (like 48 or so) and are a grp utility class, you are pretty much out of luck.

Then, speaking of the Pilzpower "Zerg". The issue that I also encounter is, that many 8 man Grps join the BG for Intel on the alb and mid zergs, but don’t join Pilzpower in taking Keeps or defending them (it happens rarely at most). So that’s why the zerg usually gets folded pretty easily by albs or mids, as they show up in greater numbers and actually LISTEN to the Lead (who also communicates frequently in BG, unlike Pilz).

At this point I am not that surprised anymore that Hib has such a low Population count.

Is there not anyone who would step up and pick up the lead for Encounters (for the realm - not personal gain, as feathers are obviously farmed faster in DS) and for RVR, as Pilzpower style of leading the BGs is not really compareable to whats going on in Alb and Mid.

Thanks for listening. (Yes, this was a rant. But a hopeful one, as I don’t think that there is nobody in Hib who would not want to do something for the realm)
Thu 24 Oct 2019 12:58 PM by Sepplord
why don't you do it?

i mean, i don't blame you, i have a lot of reasons why i wouldn't and can't do it too...

i can assure you though, that in midgard also loads of people join BG chat for intel only, about better coordination/better leading/better following...i can't comment on

Pilzpower is always there though, without him i believe hibernia would be in even worse shoes, so careful who you rant at
If what you say is true, there's still the question what came first? People not following, or pilz not giving many commands
Thu 24 Oct 2019 1:19 PM by Gorgoroth
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 12:58 PM
why don't you do it?

i mean, i don't blame you, i have a lot of reasons why i wouldn't and can't do it too...

i can assure you though, that in midgard also loads of people join BG chat for intel only, about better coordination/better leading/better following...i can't comment on

Pilzpower is always there though, without him i believe hibernia would be in even worse shoes, so careful who you rant at
If what you say is true, there's still the question what came first? People not following, or pilz not giving many commands

Hi Sepp,

I would lead Galla and other encounters, i however never did a Galla raid not even as a participant. So even with this nicely written guide here in the forum, this raid would likely be a mess and also likely fail.

Regarding RVR BGs, My class of choice is a bit sub optimal for leading RVR BGs (as a level 4X Nightshade). It is not entirely an excuse, as I am also leveling up an Eld, with whom I may try to create a BG and see how it goes. Im not opposed to it and will try once hitting 50.

Regarding Pilzpower BGs: I appreciate his dedication a lot. He provides constant content for Hibs and manages fairly well to rally this herd of cats in Hib into a sometimes successful BG.
But as someone who participated in the BGs or Ein, Harder, Vinczenco, Gorion and others, Pilzpower does too little communication and guidance. Directions are given rarely and even the location of the zerg is broadcasted in the BG rarely for people joining later. INCs are mentioned without direction and orders to Push and or Fall back are also given rarely (at least the few times I ran along - solo of course...)

My rant about Pilzpower BGs was not directed at him in person, but pointing out what others do much better - from my personal point of view. He has a name in Hib, he can do great things. Critizism - if heard and considered - is the best tool to get better, dont you think?
Thu 24 Oct 2019 1:30 PM by Sepplord
yeah, as i said, i don't blame you for not doing it yourself, but i guess most people have at least two reasons why they won't do it.

not enough time, not time constantly or consistently enough, don't want to do it that often, afraid raid would fail, afraid loot-distribution would fail, afraid too few people show up and it takes ages and can't be completed....the list really is very long. It's not hard to not be a raidleader

most of those reasons also apply to RvR, but i believe they jump into that is easier, since people are less likely to lynch you for any small mistake like they do in PvE

Regarding RvR BG: if you are intrested in that, i would try and reach out to Pilz personally not on these forums. Maybe you two could do a BG together with you making a bit of the micro-coordination that you think the bg-chat is lacking, without making it a "my BG VS his BG kind of thing that just splits the realm and leads to one of you completely stopping sooner or later". There are commands to give people in the BG moderation rights and the ability to also write in yellow for commands etc...
Maybe he doesn't want that and will tell you to fuck off....so be it, i don't know him ^^ but i would try that first if the goal really is just to improve it for the realm and not go for personal glory
Thu 24 Oct 2019 2:53 PM by BashPi
if you just organize a raid, many will follow. you dont need to know every encounter. there are always people who know what to do. and they will help, i am sure. just tell everyone at the beginning that you will need some help and dont get any leader drops in first instance if you dont know what you do

mostly, Mrmadness is leading the hib raids.

and yes. no pilz, no zerg, no def, no hib. im pretty sure
Thu 24 Oct 2019 3:02 PM by watbrif
Gorgoroth wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 11:37 AM
Also, finding a grp to level in Hibernia, unless you pick a class that is literally META to level up (bombs, anis and heals) you are pretty much out of luck most of the time and have to farm exp items to get some exp.
This also includes the Pilzpower RVR BG. Unless you are 50 or really close to it (like 48 or so) and are a grp utility class, you are pretty much out of luck.

I second this; in Mid it's so much easier to find a group, while Hib has collectively decided that all three tank classes are to be substituted by animists. Building a group around 2-3 shield tanks is perfectly viable (as this was also the standard setup in the days of yore). Unless animists get nerfed (unlikely), it would be great if people would accept less-than-120%-perfect setups, at least in PvE.
Thu 24 Oct 2019 3:02 PM by Gorgoroth
BashPi wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 2:53 PM
if you just organize a raid, many will follow. you dont need to know every encounter. there are always people who know what to do. and they will help, i am sure. just tell everyone at the beginning that you will need some help and dont get any leader drops in first instance if you dont know what you do

If i ever lead a Galla/whatever Raid, i will never just take an Item. Everything will be up for roll.
Thu 24 Oct 2019 9:45 PM by bigne88
Yea, melee are nver welcom on most exp party but lets ponder a bit on this: if you do RvR (aka pilzpower door pve), playing tank/light tank will be crap experience, cause your main role it will be to carry and fill a ram.
If you decide to play dedicated tank for 8v8 you will be the peeler, wich is not the most straight forward duty on a party and means you already what yiu are doing and have people who will help you levelling.
If you roll a stealther class you deserve to be rejected, laughed at and ostracized by the normal and civilized people.

If you are none of this, stop rolling melees anyway and save your time.

The main problem of hibernia? The drop rate nerf.
Thu 24 Oct 2019 10:12 PM by gotwqqd
Gorgoroth wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 3:02 PM
BashPi wrote:

If i ever lead a Galla/whatever Raid, i will never just take an Item. Everything will be up for roll.
Maybe just roll like everyone else
But don’t do like some who take everything left after others get one item.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:40 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 10:12 PM
Gorgoroth wrote:
BashPi wrote:

I believe he meant he would roll, he wouldn't "JUST TAKE" an item...

The latter part of your comment though is one of the main reasons turning people away from raidleading. Not only do you gather the BG , lead the raid...you also spend an hour distributing loot at the end. And when there is only vendor crap left people still want to have that distributed and throw a fit if the raidleader decides to just trash the rest instead of spending another hour distributing 50gold items to a bunch of players that stuck around

There's just far too much drama about loot
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:32 AM by Gorgoroth
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:40 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 10:12 PM
Gorgoroth wrote:

I believe he meant he would roll, he wouldn't "JUST TAKE" an item...

The latter part of your comment though is one of the main reasons turning people away from raidleading. Not only do you gather the BG , lead the raid...you also spend an hour distributing loot at the end. And when there is only vendor crap left people still want to have that distributed and throw a fit if the raidleader decides to just trash the rest instead of spending another hour distributing 50gold items to a bunch of players that stuck around

There's just far too much drama about loot

Yes, I meant that I would roll like everyone else and not just pick the highest Utility item before anyone gets a chance to roll, like a specific raid leader in Alb.
And the random whatever in the end, most ppl are already gone at this point and whatever happens with that should always be announced before the raid officially starts.

Anyways... im far away from leading a raid at this point, as i have no experience with Galla. But once I do, ill gladly pick this up fairly.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 3:50 PM by iamsaitam
Gorgoroth wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 11:37 AM
Hi all,

So far - of all 3 Realms - Hibernia seems to have the least amount of encounter Raids. By far.
Once I heard that its once every 2 weeks, others say, that its one Encounter Raid per month.

That’s really bad for people, either new to the game of joining Hib from another realm.

May I ask why that is? It cant be, that everyone already has the encounters, as plenty of ppl ask in Advice and LFG Chat for them.

Then, speaking of the Pilzpower "Zerg". The issue that I also encounter is, that many 8 man Grps join the BG for Intel on the alb and mid zergs, but don’t join Pilzpower in taking Keeps or defending them (it happens rarely at most). So that’s why the zerg usually gets folded pretty easily by albs or mids, as they show up in greater numbers and actually LISTEN to the Lead (who also communicates frequently in BG, unlike Pilz).

At this point I am not that surprised anymore that Hib has such a low Population count.

Is there not anyone who would step up and pick up the lead for Encounters (for the realm - not personal gain, as feathers are obviously farmed faster in DS) and for RVR, as Pilzpower style of leading the BGs is not really compareable to whats going on in Alb and Mid.

Thanks for listening. (Yes, this was a rant. But a hopeful one, as I don’t think that there is nobody in Hib who would not want to do something for the realm)

Like someone mentioned, talk to Mrmadness about the raid stuff. I guess hibs are pretty much tangled with their tribe so organizing raids goes out of the spectrum.

There's a big shortage of support classes.. there are a lot of nights which several BG groups don't even have one druid. But from my experience, the main issue is tribalism/language. There are plenty of guilds out there which are for native speakers and they don't mix with the rest. They might be going with the BG and have spots, but they just don't mix.

Honestly the underpopulated label gets thrown around a lot, but if you check who is 50 in the frontiers with the /u command, it's not remotely closed to deserving that label. A few weeks ago, the albs were running a BG with 100 people and took one of our relics.. the difference was 10-20 people in the frontiers.. but between bg's must have been close to 60. Hibs are just doing their own thing..
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:09 PM by Keelia
I think it’s time to implement buying item credit with BPs. And make it so you only get BPs from killing people. The more people that tag a target the less bps you get. That solves the raid issue and also solves the zerging issue. 2 birds one stone.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics