Serenity 1 or 3?

Started 18 Sep 2019
by Thorik
in Hibernia
So, just came back to Phoenix and wanted to try out hib.
Made a caster and got some rps.

Went for the usual tireless and lw.
Asked around what else to spend on, and here we go ...

Some claims that anything above serenity 1, is a waste, because it does not work.
Some claims it does, but I should not go further than serenity 3, because the max regen is 7 ( Serenity 3 + pot regen 4)
And ... ofc... some claims that max regen is 5..

I'm so confused here.
Does some1 know what is true, and what is not?
Don't really want to waste rps.

Atm i'm Serenity 3 and MCL2. But would rather spend some points into casting speed/aug dex, if serenity 3 does not work.

thanks.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:05 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Get a stopwatch or use an app, and --

-- respec to no Serenity, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- use a replenishment potion, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down, cancel buff.
-- train Serenity one, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- use a replenishment potion, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down, cancel buff.
-- train Serenity two, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- train Serenity three, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- use a replenishment potion, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.

Let us know the results.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

EDIT:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:39 PM
Here are the results:

No Serenity, no PoM: 8 minutes, 13 seconds

No Serenity, yellow PoM: 4 minutes, 24 seconds

Serenity one, no PoM: 5 minutes, 41 seconds

Serenity one, yellow PoM: 3 minutes, 40 seconds

Serenity two, no PoM: 4 minutes, 27 seconds

Serenity two, yellow PoM: 3 minutes, 2 seconds

Serenity three, no PoM: 3 minutes, 34 seconds

Serenity three, yellow PoM: 2 minutes, 40 seconds

Serenity four, yellow PoM: 2 minutes, 19 seconds.

I didn't have the realm skill points to test Serenity five.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:39 PM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:05 PM
Get a stopwatch or use an app, and --

-- respec to no Serenity, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- train Serenity one, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- train Serenity two, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- train Serenity three, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.
-- use a replenishment potion, cast until OOP, time how long it takes to get back to 100% without sitting down.

Let us know the results.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Count the casts number in each test
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:39 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:39 PM

No need, I went to 0% power for each test, how many it took to get there doesn't have any bearing on anything.

Here are the results:

Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:59 PM by Boltman
I would guess that the reason you are seeing some people say that it works or doesn't has to do with combat. Does serenity/POM stack during combat or is it just freecasting healers and out of combat casters that really benefit from both?
Thu 19 Sep 2019 12:04 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Boltman wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:59 PM
I would guess that the reason you are seeing some people say that it works or doesn't has to do with combat. Does serenity/POM stack during combat or is it just freecasting healers and out of combat casters that really benefit from both?

I don't think I have any friends willing to duel me for an hour straight, casting a debuff on CD so I can test the combat effectiveness.

Someone else can deal with that BS.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 12:41 AM by easytoremember
Serenity is garbage because it only ticks per 10 in combat. A healer gets the most (any) benefit, other classes don't. zin the case of excessive downtime the progressive power regeneration whilst sitting makes serenity obsolete. The scaling for Serenity RA cost also blows

3 power per tick for 10 points or you can just start with 75 power every fight for the same cost. That amount would take serenity 3 35 ticks to produce,l. Out of combat that is 105 seconds and begins only when your power isn't full

For Serenity 1 it requires 15 ticks to equate Ethereal Bond I, 45 seconds of non-combat

Serenity II for 4 points requires 20 ticks to equate Ethereal Bond III, 60 seconds non-combat

Any intervals of combat turn 3 second ticks to per 10 whereas PoM is unaffected by combat unless there is a custom change I'm unaware of
Thu 19 Sep 2019 2:18 AM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:39 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:39 PM

No need, I went to 0% power for each test, how many it took to get there doesn't have any bearing on anything.

Here are the results:

How so? Doesn’t in combat recovery matter?
Thu 19 Sep 2019 3:28 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 2:18 AM
How so? Doesn’t in combat recovery matter?

I was measuring baseline regeneration from 0, never being in combat (combat doesn't start just because you're casting, you have to be casting on an enemy or having an enemy attack you). All that mattered is that I was at 0% power before beginning to measure the regeneration time.

As I said above, if someone wants to take the time to measure in-combat regeneration rates, and can find someone to help them, by all means do so, but it won't be me.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:24 AM by Freedomcall
power regen doesn't have any cap.
this is what one of the devs confirmed.

But i don't think investing rps into serenity is recommended among players, unless it's a 100% farm toon.
Maybe i would invest just serenity 1 cuz it cost only 1 rp... but even that could be spent to more useful RAs i think.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 8:52 AM by gotwqqd
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:24 AM
power regen doesn't have any cap.
this is what one of the devs confirmed.

But i don't think investing rps into serenity is recommended among players, unless it's a 100% farm toon.
Maybe i would invest just serenity 1 cuz it cost only 1 rp... but even that could be spent to more useful RAs i think.

It doesn’t have a cap
But some things overwrite another
Also it doesn’t mean the RA can be broken

I guess I should look at the results
Sat 21 Sep 2019 9:38 AM by Varitech
on pve ser 3 + crystal 1 + pom 3 ( potion) = no problem
on pvp depend wich class
Sun 22 Sep 2019 11:25 AM by Frigzy
RR9L1 Eld here.

Power management is real in RvR since you want to maximize your RAs for more utility or dmg.

After testing several mana reg RA setups I ended up with the bare essentials of MCL 1 and Serenity 1. Especially with pots Tasy Chunk of Legion to restore your mana in a pinch, this is really all you need.

However, keep in mind that you MUST absolutely maximize all your toys to gain power. Chug a pot the second it's getting you back to full power, use MCL wisely when you can find the space during a fight. Only use the mana charge as a last resort but don't hesitate to use it if needed. The key is to get used to pot-mcl-charge-power management.

You definitely need MCL 1 at least since it will help you get minimal power right after getting rezzed. You can save the pot or charge to get extra HP if you get PR'd. Serenity 1 is just one point. I've noticed a difference and I find it worthwhile for sure.

For a healing class I would definitely consider MCL2. I don't think serenity 2 is worth it for them.

PS: I only use blue potted pom.
Thu 26 Sep 2019 11:21 AM by Keelia
I run serenity 2 on all my casters and I’m the only one in our group who rarely has power issues. Only time I sun into issues is if it’s back to back fights and it’s been like 4 mins and everything is down, pots/chunk/mcl
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics