Returning to Hib looking for partner

Started 8 Sep 2019
by Quik
in Hibernia
I was thinking of returning to Pheonix and playing Hib again, I was hoping to find someone that was interested in starting a new toon with me and leveling together and enjoying the game.

I am planning on going Champion most likely, or possibly a Druid/Bard depending on what is out there.

PM me if interested

I play Pacific Standard Time usually in the evenings and any time on wed/thurs as those are my days off.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 2:44 AM by gotwqqd
Quik wrote: ā†‘
Sun 8 Sep 2019 11:44 PM
I was thinking of returning to Pheonix and playing Hib again, I was hoping to find someone that was interested in starting a new toon with me and leveling together and enjoying the game.

I am planning on going Champion most likely, or possibly a Druid/Bard depending on what is out there.

PM me if interested

I play Pacific Standard Time usually in the evenings and any time on wed/thurs as those are my days off.
I found champ a bit slow till 20...scale armor
Then doing task turn ins and mob types was a breeze
Also groups sometimes want a shield block/guard/slam for their bomb groups and champ works well

Currently Iā€™m working on a ranger an ns
Do a search for nacht*
I can hook you up with some task turn ins post 19
Which will get you through levels fast
Tue 10 Sep 2019 12:49 AM by Quik
Thanks for the offer, I actually have other toons on Hib, I left a month or two after Pheonix went live and moved to Mid because I really didn't like the player base on Hib, they felt very elitist. Someone I know has returned to Hib and told me to try it again as he felt like things had changed quite a bit so that brings me to where I am now.

I just hate playing solo, and I hate always searching for new people to play with, and I don't know any decent guilds to ask about employment with. So I was hoping someone was wanting to try a new toon and that would give me a reason to try out a new toon and it would give me someone to play with on a consistent basis. I actually have a couple lvl 50's if I want to play them again.

I also am not in a hurry to level to 50 and would like to play around in Thid at 24 a little before moving on.

So if anyone is interested in making a new toon let me know, I have not started I am waiting until I see if anyone will join. I might even put this msg up on Alb if anyone is interested there, but Hib is where my heart is.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 8:04 AM by iamsaitam
I'd diverge from calling it elitism and go for tribalism. To me it seems you either go with the BG of the night and do some siege warfare (which will land you unbalanced groups) or you wait a couple of hours for some group of people to gather and group up. Most regular guilds have their social circle and they don't step out of it. Also, language.. French and German players love their language bubble.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 4:36 PM by Quik
Well when I say elitism I am referring to people that only want top tier classes optimal for the situation you are in...

As an example, in Hib when I played before unless you were an Ani or a Bomber or a Healer you were pretty much left out of leveling groups. When I played my Ani I would always have at least 2-3 non-optimal classes such as NS or Ranger or a Tank and it was amazing how many tells I got when leveling from those optimal classes who was watching us level telling me to drop one of the unneeded classes so they could join.

This was not a 1 or 2 time occurrence, it was all the time. When I played my Ranger or Hero I would spend hours either trying to build a group or join a group and it just wasn't fun.

I switched to Mid and it was like night and day. There was no concern over who was invited they simply used what they had and went with their strength. I never spent more than 30 minutes LFG before being picked up and I spent a lot of time being absolutely unoptimal for the group but they were fine with it.

Then I went to Alb and it was really weird, they took anyone just like Mid but it was a struggle at times but at least everyone put forth the effort.

Yes there were people in other realms who just wanted the perfect group, but Mid/Alb weren't interested in waiting for hours for it to form for the most part, they took what was available and just went.

That is the elitism to me. It doesn't make them bad people, just people focused to much on a game instead of the fun that can be had in the game.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 4:55 PM by iamsaitam
Tue 10 Sep 2019 4:36 PM
Well when I say elitism I am referring to people that only want top tier classes optimal for the situation you are in...

Tribalism and elitism in this case overlap, because you don't know what's going on on the other side. What I said was my perception after my first week, so it's very skewed. Nevertheless, I did hear the same thing mentioned by people that played longer.

Regarding leveling, I've had xp groups with rangers and nightshades till lvl 40+. From that stage I think most people want the group to be optimised, so it's mostly bombers/tank/healer.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 10:14 PM by gotwqqd
Tue 10 Sep 2019 4:36 PM

As an example, in Hib when I played before unless you were an Ani or a Bomber or a Healer you were pretty much left out of leveling groups. When I played my Ani I would always have at least 2-3 non-optimal classes such as NS or Ranger or a Tank and it was amazing how many tells I got when leveling from those optimal classes who was watching us level telling me to drop one of the unneeded classes so they could join.

This was not a 1 or 2 time occurrence, it was all the time. When I played my Ranger or Hero I would spend hours either trying to build a group or join a group and it just wasn't fun.

I switched to Mid and it was like night and day. There was no concern over who was invited they simply used what they had and went with their strength. I never spent more than 30 minutes LFG before being picked up and I spent a lot of time being absolutely unoptimal for the group but they were fine with it.

Then I went to Alb and it was really weird, they took anyone just like Mid but it was a struggle at times but at least everyone put forth the effort.

Yes there were people in other realms who just wanted the perfect group, but Mid/Alb weren't interested in waiting for hours for it to form for the most part, they took what was available and just went.

That is the elitism to me. It doesn't make them bad people, just people focused to much on a game instead of the fun that can be had in the game.
I hear ya.
Leveling my ranger now....only group I got in was a melee type group...once.

Level 47 and not one invite for xp
Thu 12 Sep 2019 12:37 AM by gotwqqd
Well 1-50 no invites to groups except 2 invites for duo....
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics