Damage Add Proc Weapons

Started 3 Sep 2019
by Cadebrennus
in Hibernia
Do they exist in Hib other than just as two-handed weapons? I just returned to Hib from Alb and was disappointed to not seeing anything on the feather merchants. On Alb I have an offhand Damage Add Proc weapon that I love but I am not seeing its Hib equivalent.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 10:55 AM by Dis
u can buy a proc for feathers, u can put it on crafted weapons or your shield..
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:25 AM by inoeth
no 1h dmg add procs in mid/hib so far
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:26 AM by inoeth
Dis wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 10:55 AM

only reactives, so no weapons
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:30 AM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:26 AM
Dis wrote:

That's bullshit. There needs to be parity between the realms. Why does my Alb character have an advantage that my Hib character or someone else's Mid character does not have?
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:22 PM by Killaloth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:30 AM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:26 AM
Dis wrote:

That's bullshit. There needs to be parity between the realms. Why does my Alb character have an advantage that my Hib character or someone else's Mid character does not have?

Why a lot of Mids and Albs I 1vs1 run with Armor Factor buff and damage add from other chars while all I can get on Hib is grey damage add as no animist/chanter plays the specs needed for AF and DA?

Hib should be the ONLY realm with access to damage add procs, as they also stack with casted ones.

PS blademasters have access to a crush damage add weapon (that no one uses as no one specs blunt).
Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:49 AM by Dis
what are u guys talkin about, u can buy a proc for feathers, 11.3 dmg add. and it will proc while hitting. its worth it.

dmg on dual wield = 50-60 dmg, thats alot and the procrate so far is pretty sick, u can swap weapons as soon as it procs if you want to have another proc or dps weapon instead.
Fri 27 Sep 2019 11:56 AM by Cadebrennus
Dis wrote:
Fri 27 Sep 2019 10:49 AM
what are u guys talkin about, u can buy a proc for feathers, 11.3 dmg add. and it will proc while hitting. its worth it.

dmg on dual wield = 50-60 dmg, thats alot and the procrate so far is pretty sick, u can swap weapons as soon as it procs if you want to have another proc or dps weapon instead.

Someone else told me to try that so I bought that proc with feathers to test it. It's reactive only, so it can't be applied to weapons. It might work on a shield though, if you chain Numb your opponent or something.
Fri 27 Sep 2019 12:06 PM by Dis
hummm can be true..i have it on my shield, it procs pretty good.
Sat 28 Sep 2019 11:17 AM by Killaloth
Shield yes, works both ways offensive and defensive.

Weapon no. Hibernia has basically no access to casted add damage and armor factor buffs. These should be available on crafted weapons and feather items for Hib only. No big deal for 8man considering the meta is caster grps.
Sat 28 Sep 2019 7:02 PM by Cadebrennus
I even checked out the Blunt 1hander on the Hib feather merchant. Mainhand only. Hell, my Thrust Merc can (and does) offhand a Crush weapon for a proc, which isn't even an option to BMs here. You MUST be using only CD or Blunt styles in order to use this weapon. This means that all classes except the BM are completely screwed if they use a weapon line other than Blunt.

How in the hell is this balanced against Alb? And before anyone starts screaming bias keep in mind that I play a Merc in Alb too.
Mon 30 Sep 2019 11:43 AM by Makrist
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 28 Sep 2019 7:02 PM
I even checked out the Blunt 1hander on the Hib feather merchant. Mainhand only. Hell, my Thrust Merc can (and does) offhand a Crush weapon for a proc, which isn't even an option to BMs here. You MUST be using only CD or Blunt styles in order to use this weapon. This means that all classes except the BM are completely screwed if they use a weapon line other than Blunt.

How in the hell is this balanced against Alb? And before anyone starts screaming bias keep in mind that I play a Merc in Alb too.

Wow. Scouts raise concerns of survivability and an entire class defining spec line and your response is basically learn to play in groups that dont want us. Change the minds of an entire community as that community shrinks due to inept dev decisions. BM lose out on a DA proc and suddenly the entire class is, and im quoting you here, "completely screwed" unless they spec a certain line.

Fascinating.
Mon 30 Sep 2019 2:23 PM by Cadebrennus
Makrist wrote:
Mon 30 Sep 2019 11:43 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 28 Sep 2019 7:02 PM

Wow. Scouts raise concerns of survivability and an entire class defining spec line and your response is basically learn to play in groups that dont want us. Change the minds of an entire community as that community shrinks due to inept dev decisions. BM lose out on a DA proc and suddenly the entire class is, and im quoting you here, "completely screwed" unless they spec a certain line.

Fascinating.

I've read plenty of your posts to already know how one-sided your thought process is, instead of looking at the game as a holistic entity. Your post in not surprising in the least.

Tue 8 Oct 2019 10:06 PM by Lipsi
Fundamentaly, OP is about a proc that is available somewhere and not on another realm, and i see no reason why to overlook this issue.

Some players can dislike heavy farming to get the right proc, the right weapon, the right speed.
This is completely in line with some special features of the server like the additional alchemy craft recipes, or the feather item merchants. To offer the players a better experience and the possibility to get the stuff they like with some kind of investment but not relying ridiculously on heavy farming and luck.

Everybody likes procs and it's down to each individual to choose the one they prefer to use. I see no reason why
- some procs should be reserved to certain people (i read such comment on another thread)
- some procs should be reserved to certain realms
- some procs should be reserved to certain classes
- learn to play your class and you won't need that proc..
etc.

What if you were told now that epic vests cannot be purchased and are drop only ? Because you want that 180 heal proc, would you be happy to run 100 times the epic dungeon and still get nothing because you were screwed on the /random ? Or if you were told that the procs of albion vests would be removed because Alb doesn't need procs on vest anyway, for a silly reason such as having the largest population?

In my opinion, all procs that are available on ROGs and those that drop in epic dungeons should be available in either the feather item merchants and/or legendary alchemy recipes, of course being on par on all 3 realms. This is the only way that allows players to choose how to combine weapon speed, weapon quality and proc. Screw that MP left hand with LT in 2.3 when you wanted 4.0. Salvage it as it well deserves.

If you want that proc, you'll have to do the credit for the encounter if it comes from feather merchant and that's enough, i don't see the point to have to rely on tiny % drop chance and multiple brainwashing runs in the hope of a particular proc, simply because this is the one you prefer to play with and fits the most your playstyle.

It's not like there is one proc that rules them all, there is room for choice to the player according to his playstyle and preferences:
- some value mending over LT because mending cannot be resisted
- some value LT over mending because of the DD + lifetap not affected by disease
- some value Abla because they prefer to rely on a lasting effect than a burst
- some value dmg add, others DD, or debuff etc.
-----------

Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 27 Sep 2019 11:56 AM
Someone else told me to try that so I bought that proc with feathers to test it. It's reactive only, so it can't be applied to weapons. It might work on a shield though, if you chain Numb your opponent or something.

As to reactive vs volatile, there seems to be an issue in how this is implemented in DOL because on live servers, it has always been like that :
* Volatile applied on weapon will proc when weapon touches an ennemy
* Volatile applied on shield will proc when shield touches an ennemy (only for those who can spec Shield line)
* Reactive applied on weapon will proc when weapon is touched by an ennemy = on parry
* Reactive applied on shield will proc when shield is touched by an ennemy = on block EXCEPT mending procs that are disabled on block because of the abuse possibilities offered by the ENGAGE ability. LT on block worked because it deals damage to the target hence breaks engage. TBH i don't remember if they changed it after to totally disable procs when using Engage.
Tue 15 Oct 2019 2:14 AM by gromet12
Cause it's not already OP'd having DA on the ranger, having another weapon proc don't you agree would push it over the top. But then again, its balance/mediocre for the other classes, not the one I'm playing though
Tue 15 Oct 2019 5:57 AM by Cadebrennus
gromet12 wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 2:14 AM
Cause it's not already OP'd having DA on the ranger, having another weapon proc don't you agree would push it over the top. But then again, its balance/mediocre for the other classes, not the one I'm playing though

Maybe you should consider the situation for classes other than the ones you are playing then. Only considering your own classes is considered myopic and imbalanced. Ranger isn't the only class I play. I play another class on Hib, and I also play a Merc (and others) on Alb, and I think the DA proc issue is very one-sided. My Merc feels downright OP compared to the BM because I have near 100% uptime on a DA weapon and the BM doesn't. I get a BM ability for free
(without a timer no less!) and the BM doesn't get a Merc ability for free.

I am the first to admit I am not a perfect person, but I at least care about balance and can look at the whole picture.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:26 AM by stewbeedoo
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 5:57 AM
gromet12 wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 2:14 AM

Maybe you should consider the situation for classes other than the ones you are playing then. Only considering your own classes is considered myopic and imbalanced. Ranger isn't the only class I play. I play another class on Hib, and I also play a Merc (and others) on Alb, and I think the DA proc issue is very one-sided. My Merc feels downright OP compared to the BM because I have near 100% uptime on a DA weapon and the BM doesn't. I get a BM ability for free
(without a timer no less!) and the BM doesn't get a Merc ability for free.

I am the first to admit I am not a perfect person, but I at least care about balance and can look at the whole picture.

I always value your posts.

Because I am too a drunken Ranger!!!

Maybe it is the classes fault.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics