Next to fifty....Which class?

Started 29 Aug 2019
by gotwqqd
in Hibernia
Another level 50 after less than a bub tomorrow.

Which of the following will be easiest to xp solo, as they aren’t hot group xo classes.

VAlewalker
Ranger
Champion
Nightshade

My guess is the list is in correct order but just asking

And whichever the winner is what route spec wise do I go?

And am I missing something by not playing Bard, blademaster, hero?
Thu 29 Aug 2019 6:00 AM by REVOLTE
hib rly needs more rangers i heard.

jokes aside: if you are actually good at this game you could roll VW. they are just beasts and can solo xp very well. just keep in mind that if you suck (like me), your VW will be a joke in rvr later on.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 11:16 AM by heardstheword
Genuine question, what makes you a better VW versus a bad one?

Doesn't t boil down to casting when you can, land your reactionary styles, and have a good template.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 3:30 PM by Boltman
I'm pretty sure it's the ability to move around and get your positionals off against players and not just /stick them...
Fri 30 Aug 2019 5:02 AM by REVOLTE
Scythe is just hard, man....
developing an instinct for using it is impossible for many. plus its anytimer is just garbage. (no to-hit)
this in combo with the caster component of the class makes it very complex in my eyes and i respect every single decent VW player out there.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 9:31 AM by Warriston
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 5:56 AM

Which of the following will be easiest to xp solo, as they aren’t hot group xo classes.

VAlewalker
Ranger
Champion
Nightshade

Hi, out of the ones you mentioned, Valewalker is the easiest to solo XP to 50.
THAT BEING SAID, most classes are relatively easy to solo to 50 on Phoenix, due to the following items which you can turn in for XP.

XP items (see sticky thread about xp items on the top of hib forum)
Branches Dropping in rvr zones
and the standard xp drops any mob drops as long as you are solo.

In other words, if you go to the right spots, levelling to 50 will be easy regardless of the class you pick.

have fun! :-)
Fri 30 Aug 2019 11:08 AM by gotwqqd
Warriston wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 9:31 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 5:56 AM

VAlewalker
Ranger
Champion
Nightshade

Hi, out of the ones you mentioned, Valewalker is the easiest to solo XP to 50.
THAT BEING SAID, most classes are relatively easy to solo to 50 on Phoenix, due to the following items which you can turn in for XP.

XP items (see sticky thread about xp items on the top of hib forum)
Branches Dropping in rvr zones
and the standard xp drops any mob drops as long as you are solo.

In other words, if you go to the right spots, levelling to 50 will be easy regardless of the class you pick.

have fun! :-)
Ummm. Warden
Fri 30 Aug 2019 11:41 AM by heardstheword
Pretty much any of the healing classes are rough to solo, except cave shamans.

A solo Healer would be for masochists. At least the others have some form of damage spec line.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 2:40 PM by Warriston
heardstheword wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 11:41 AM
Pretty much any of the healing classes are rough to solo, except cave shamans.

A solo Healer would be for masochists. At least the others have some form of damage spec line.

I am not gonna maintain that healer/warden are awesome choices if you want to be quick with solo xp.
I feel like you guys might be underestimating that full aug healer (dmg add AND shield) and warden (full weapon and nurture) are definitely capable of soloing :-)

But then again, OP is interested in 4 set classes and I want to repose my position: If you know/ google the right spots soloing is definitely doable regardless of class.

With regard to your original question, I personally would say that:

Valewalker
Champion
Ranger
Nighshade

Is the order of ease with which you can do this. The quickness of gaining XP of course varies, depending on the classes you pick. It is just less important as it would have been on the original 1.65 live version :-D

just sharing my personal experience here, greetings to all
Sun 1 Sep 2019 4:47 PM by Leandrys
VW is a joy to solo xp if you can give decent XP stuff to it, + buff and regen pots. Otherwise it can be a pain.

It also needs a staff, all focus work for each of VW's spells, including self buffs, drains, instant ones, etc... It helps A LOT, really, manacost is divided per two for everything. Put a little /switch macro and you're good to go.

Ranger is extremely easy too, 5.5 bow, caped dext and quick, invig and dext pots, a few tinderboxes, enjoy the show.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics