Re: Am I wrong...or is Warden the most boring/underwhelming class in any realm?

8/9 for clerics, easily, more for druids, menta 8/9 approx, etc...

Chanter is by far one of the poorest class when it comes to count skills and one of the most easiest to play, it's one of the only classes in classic daoc that has less stuff in quickbars than, theurg and fire wiz still have more things to manage in combat than chanter.

But let's be honnest, average player's skills is meh on Phoenix, at the time i was playing on live, every decent melees with shield were switching in defensive mode between each swing, even in battlegrounds, here it's worth talking about tha player who does so with amazed eyes, it's pretty fun. There's a reason why a lot of player didn't enjoy live server at all at some point, it was just too complicated for a lot of them to manage TOA/champion's stuff/new items, that's also why we have that rampant nostalgia for classic daoc, while 1.65 was reasonnably trash in its vanilla state when it comes to balance.

I agree with Warden being pretty boring. I think a large part of that is a lot of people probably played Warden during ToA, and DR though. They could have literally an entire class worth of abilities added on to them through MLs and CLs, had more spec abilities added to the class, had shield spec, and access to lots of /uses from artifacts, and other items. By comparison the Warden prior to those things seems very bad. I don't think the class is bad though, I just don't enjoy it. Which is unfortunate, as it was my favorite class on live. During ToA of course. I would still like to see shield spec and increased spec points though.
Anberlin - Celt Ranger, Various bad visible classes
Crossbreed - Norse Shadowblade
Amery - Briton Infiltrator (coming later)

The Skies Asunder wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:32 am
I agree with Warden being pretty boring. I think a large part of that is a lot of people probably played Warden during ToA, and DR though. They could have literally an entire class worth of abilities added on to them through MLs and CLs, had more spec abilities added to the class, had shield spec, and access to lots of /uses from artifacts, and other items. By comparison the Warden prior to those things seems very bad. I don't think the class is bad though, I just don't enjoy it. Which is unfortunate, as it was my favorite class on live. During ToA of course. I would still like to see shield spec and increased spec points though.
I’m 2 buns from 50 and this assessment is spot on.
I think the class would be better if they allowed 2 of the “chants” to run at once.

gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:50 am
The Skies Asunder wrote:
I’m 2 buns from 50 and this assessment is spot on.
I think the class would be better if they allowed 2 of the “chants” to run at once.
ofcourse it would be better....but it would be even less intresting to play :?

The Skies Asunder wrote:
I would still like to see shield spec and increased spec points though.
And i think warden is OP enough. As said earlier.. he doesn't have many tools, but those that he has are those of importance for fights. So he has a savespot in every single rvr grp.
Making him even more OP (op inside a fullgrp) wouldn't help at all, it would make the class maybe more 'fun' to play, but it would make an OP class, even more OP.
No thanks from my side.
Leave him as he is right now.
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:50 am
Minstrel would be 'better' if they allow 2 chants at the same time as well... but it also would make the minstrel even more OP then minstrels already are.

chryso wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:28 pm
Doesn't warden have speed and pbt and damage add?
yes.
drawback is, that only one can be active at a time, since they all count as chants. you could technically pulse the dmg add in when the tiny bit of extra burst is really needed AND your imaginary melee friends happen to be in range.

edit because this post seems awkwardly negative: i still think that warden is stupidly strong under the correct circumstances.
swingin the hammer again!
Revolte - Skald
Revoltes Return - Shaman
Revoltez Triage - AugHealer
Revoltec WillItBlend - Savage
Bermal BerIst - DarkRM

shelved Hibbos:
Revoltye Triage - Drood with lvl12 pet.
Revoltix - untemped Menta of Garbageness

REVOLTE wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:35 am
chryso wrote:
yes.
drawback is, that only one can be active at a time, since they all count as chants. you could technically pulse the dmg add in when the tiny bit of extra burst is really needed AND your imaginary melee friends happen to be in range.

edit because this post seems awkwardly negative: i still think that warden is stupidly strong under the correct circumstances.
This is more about engrossing/fun playability than how “powerful” the class is.

And your take supports my feeling

chryso wrote:
Speed have bard too and better! Only BT is nice but this is useless vs caster groups and that is the reason for only good resis! He can only peel but
not block for another without shild skill and this is shitty. ON live is he only op because of bodyguard and buffshear style but not because of slam
and btw. on live server have slam only 5 sec. stun ^_^.