Eldritch - RvR Spec / RAs & RvR Strategy

Started 11 Jul 2019
by Zigzagz
in Hibernia
Hello Hibs!

I'm a fairly new player to Hib and mainly played Solo back when I use to play, but I wanted to get a little more involved with the RvR here on Phoenix.

Anyways I'm curious what my Eldritch Spec should look like and if there is a strategy I should follow while playing in RvR. Like what to do first, who to look for & what to use.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Fri 12 Jul 2019 5:54 AM by shintacki
My eld is specced 37 light, 39 mana. That way you get yellow nearsight and aoe disease, both of which are very nice to have in rvr and you still have decent damage with your main DD spell with 37 in light. As for RAs: lw, tireless, purge2(or higher), mcl, ichor1, mastery of focus 2(helps land those low level spells easier), augdex/mastery of the art (i usually keep them at the same level but there is some debate about the best way to allocate the points for the best return on investment), wild power.

When it comes to strategy it really depends on if youre in a smallman, 8man, or zerg. Typically tho you cant go wrong spamming nearsight at the start of a fight, just dont break CC with it. Pick out support first and nearsight + double dex debuff if youre in range then do the same thing to any casters while being mindful not to get caught by meles. From there you either hop on the assist train if there is a target called out or disease everyone that isnt hard CCed. For some reason I feel like elds here dont disease enough, but maybe they do and I just dont notice, but disease is really good and should be used. Im no pro but operating with that basic check list in mind has worked for me. If the need arises your pbaoe is also very useful for clearing theurg pets(or any pets really). Use ichor as an "oh shit" button to peel or delay a zerg.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 11:26 AM by Anelyn77
39/37 is for small / 8m only, if you plan to do sieges / BG, go 46 void / 28 light, you will rarely want to be too close to enemy zerg as a cloth caster in a pug 8m that might not even have supports or half players might be afk.

Bolts, AoE and GTAOE main tools to get RPs (while still having 45% NS and aoe d/q blue debuff, plus body / energy debuff for captains / lords). Personally I'd go void until RR5 then respec to 39/37 for small / 8m (unless you will run from the start with a solid small / 8m).

/Bnot + Aicha's (3 of em!)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics