Are battle wardens a waste of time?

Started 24 Feb 2020
by imweasel
in Hibernia
Thinking about trying this spec:

26reg 45nurt 39blades 10parry.

Or is it all about the heals?
Tue 25 Feb 2020 5:26 AM by Sixin2082
I'd go at least 33 rej, but having more blades than the cookie cutter 10 is fun, and doesn't break your character as long as you're running with the Zerg.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 6:00 AM by Freedomcall
What's your purpose?
Solo? small? 8man? zerg?
Tue 25 Feb 2020 8:20 AM by Razur Ur
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 6:00 AM
What's your purpose?
Solo? small? 8man? zerg?

I think for solo because for all another things is battlewarden useless ( do it more sense a battle bard as second bard in group for replace warden).
Tue 25 Feb 2020 11:15 AM by Forlornhope
There's one battle wrden that I know of on this server, try shooting Crystaa a tell when they're online. Battle warden's take a LOT of effort to be successful in anyway. She does a lot of weapon swaps and mostly tries for solo fights. But the fact that wardens don't have shield on this server and are on a low dps tier really hurts them in a battle warden spec.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:09 PM by The Skies Asunder
They are very lackluster as melee combatants. Without the help of literally everything that made warden a fun melee class on Live (Shield spec and more points, celerity, ML styles, artifact /uses and procs, instant HoT, offensive heal proc buff), there isn't much going for them. You will deal low damage, and don't really have enough defense to outlast people very often. Not to say it is impossible, it just won't be easy, or even moderately difficult most of the time. Plus you'll be dealing with adds because all your fights will take 5 minutes if you are going to win them. If you already have a level 50 warden then there isn't much harm in trying it out anyway, but I wouldn't waste time leveling one to do it.
Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:45 AM by Wolfir666
Sixin2082 wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 5:26 AM
I'd go at least 33 rej, but having more blades than the cookie cutter 10 is fun, and doesn't break your character as long as you're running with the Zerg.

personally my own warden got 49 nurt, 33 reg, 29 blades (and 3 parry ^^), doesnt hurt to be able to also use the weapon a bit as well like that, but yeah, damage is just bad so heh, its in truth just to be able to not feel like a boring healing-class
Wed 26 Feb 2020 12:50 PM by inoeth
in beta i played 50 blunt warden which was absolutely devastating since there was old RA and you could spec moblock and only 30 min purge so you could make use of the 10s stun and heal up completely
but yeah with new RAs warden just sucks in melee

back on the EU ARS servers i tried battle warden too with NF RAs and i was able to kill ppl because they had those heal stuff to stay alive, but most time enemys got so bored of fighting me that they simply snared me and ran away ;(

would be cool if there was something done for battle wardens like free anger or heal proc when specing 50 weapon
Wed 26 Feb 2020 7:47 PM by imweasel
So I guess the answer is yes.

So what's a typical spec?

Looking at:

42reg, 49nurt, 12weap, rest parry
33reg, 49nurt, 29weap, rest parry

Probably blunt over blades?
Fri 28 Feb 2020 11:57 PM by The Skies Asunder
imweasel wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 7:47 PM
So I guess the answer is yes.

So what's a typical spec?

Looking at:

42reg, 49nurt, 12weap, rest parry
33reg, 49nurt, 29weap, rest parry

Probably blunt over blades?

49 Nurt, 42 reg, 12 blades, 6 parry seems to be the most common spec. Most go blades for the side snare.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics