Animist situation

Started 19 Aug 2019
by Wooshh
in Hibernia
Hi, animist has always attracted me and i d like to try hib, how is ani rvr status on phoenix?
I mean zerg, solo and 8man, my favourite is 8man but i dont see many around
Mon 19 Aug 2019 11:50 AM by mze
Rolled one, they fixed pathing for wisps finally, but there are not many hib groups that are able to run with ani, also there is like 0 void elds ...
Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:34 AM by Wooshh
I guess ani is for the zerg other options?
Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:55 AM by Aph
Have you ever been in an 8man? I only see u lying dead waiting for guard credit to tick in...
Tue 20 Aug 2019 10:43 AM by Wooshh
Ty for upping my post
Wed 21 Aug 2019 10:28 AM by mze
Wooshh wrote:
Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:34 AM

build a group like pk that knows how to kite and play animist inside there
Wed 21 Aug 2019 1:24 PM by Wooshh
mze wrote:
Wed 21 Aug 2019 10:28 AM
Wooshh wrote:

i just fear they stopped using animist after nerf because it s bad. When they were 8men indeed their most annoying weapon were those mushroom root ichore root run
Wed 21 Aug 2019 1:56 PM by Ceen
Wooshh wrote:
Wed 21 Aug 2019 1:24 PM
mze wrote:
Wooshh wrote:

i just fear they stopped using animist after nerf because it s bad. When they were 8men indeed their most annoying weapon were those mushroom root ichore root run

Not having shrooms rooting no immunity timer targets first is not a nerf its a major bug fix.
Wed 21 Aug 2019 3:35 PM by Sepplord
Ceen wrote:
Wed 21 Aug 2019 1:56 PM
Wooshh wrote:
Wed 21 Aug 2019 1:24 PM
mze wrote:

Not having shrooms rooting no immunity timer targets first is not a nerf its a major bug fix.

A fix has either a nerfing or a buffing effect (Assuming perfect equilibrium will not be achieved by humans when something is changed), call it what you want, does it change the meaning of his comment or are the semantics irrelevant in this case?
Wed 21 Aug 2019 5:40 PM by Aph
The change to tanglers actually have positive and negative outcomes...

Cast time increased - this is just a simple nerf.

They no longer ‘smart target’ the ones that has no immunity, instead it is purely random.

Previously the tanglers only targeted rootable targets; if no targets then it would be idle. Now they will keep casting on immune targets, rupting them over and over until dealt with.

In the longer fights they could be better now than before. The stars align.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 7:43 PM by gruenesschaf
Aph wrote:
Wed 21 Aug 2019 5:40 PM
The change to tanglers actually have positive and negative outcomes...

Cast time increased - this is just a simple nerf.

They no longer ‘smart target’ the ones that has no immunity, instead it is purely random.

Previously the tanglers only targeted rootable targets; if no targets then it would be idle. Now they will keep casting on immune targets, rupting them over and over until dealt with.

In the longer fights they could be better now than before. The stars align.

They don't cast on targets with root immunity. The change was just to replicate live behavior: pick a target every 2 - 3 seconds, cast if it doesn't have root immunity. Before it was pick a random target every 50ms that is not root immune in range and cast, now it is pick a random target every 50ms in range, if it's root immune wait 2 seconds and pick another random target otherwise cast.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:11 PM by Aph
I stand corrected.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 4:04 AM by gotwqqd
Sounds like it going to impair farming greatly
Fri 23 Aug 2019 6:10 AM by Leandrys
Animist isn't really that much of a crazy farmer solo now, dinged my shamn yesterday on mid, honnestly, it's better for solo, but animist is better in group. Oh wait, groups need me too.

And it's been badly nerfed in PvP, that's for sure. i didn't play hib at all for weeks now and i just laugh at shrooms 99 of time when i see some, went for a little run solo run on hibernia with my shamy, they're just pathetic.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:36 AM by Tree
Seems nerfs is everything we animist players get on Phoenix, thats why I stopped playing months ago.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 5:42 AM by gotwqqd
Tree wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:36 AM
Seems nerfs is everything we animist players get on Phoenix, thats why I stopped playing months ago.

I think if you didn’t have pre-“nerf” to compare to post-“nerf” you would be completely fine with them
Mon 7 Oct 2019 11:24 PM by Shadanwolf
The absolute decapitation of the animist class caused me to stop playing the game.Eventually I came back as a MID.
Mon 7 Oct 2019 11:52 PM by gotwqqd
Seems fine to me
Easy farming and rvr seems easier than most other classes
Tue 8 Oct 2019 1:16 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 7 Oct 2019 11:52 PM
Seems fine to me

A well-played Animist is anything but easy.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 9:15 AM by iamsaitam
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 7 Oct 2019 11:52 PM
Seems fine to me

How is it easy on rvr? Quite sure the baseline of easy is set for BD's.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics