Why are you leaving Hib?

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Spoonanner
in Hibernia
I have noticed a trend in people leaving Hibernia for another realm.

What is your reason?

Me? Group gatekeeping. Too many elitists refusing to invite a melee/ranger. Refusing to invite a healer because they demand "druid only".

It just is no fun. I was in a group as an enchanter. We had 3 bombs, 2 healers, 2 animists, and 1 open spot. Numerous melee, tanks, and rangers lfg. However, the group leader refused to invite them. We were killing just fine and remained a 7 man because the leader has this deep seeded elitism that will only allow a 4th bomb or a druid specific for the 8th spot.

I have since moved to a different realm and while the elitism is still there, it is far less than Hibernia.

Who thinks having only eldritches, enchanters, druids, bards and animists is great for lvl 50 rvr?

The same goes for BGs. Too many elitists who refuse to invite certain classes. I was the bard in our group of 5. A hero was lfg, a BM, ranger, NS, all over a period of 20 minutes but the leader refused to invite them because "they aren't what they wanted for their leet 8 man". He kept yelling at me for not using speed song because I wanted everyone there to fight together and us not outrun them as they tried to stay with us.

I ended up leaving the group and started my own, full of NS, ranger, melee and any else who wanted to join.

I really like the server. The nostalgic experience and the fun. I just am quickly growing tired of this elitist leveling trend to rush rush rush and exclude any who may even slightly impede on your mad dash to 50 or "ideal pvp group".

I play to socialize, be challenged, and have fun. Pressing "3" (my pbaoe spell) over and over while being yelled at to be faster to bomb when mobs come in is not fun. This why I stopped playing my enchanter at 41.

I find the funnest leveling experience 1-20. People are generally a lot more open about inviting any class unless a healer is absolutely needed. Even then, duplicate healers are fine as long as we stay alive.

This is why I left Hib.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:32 PM by Wool
I chose a BM for my first character on the server and ran into this a ton. It’s honestly baffling to me that people can be so elitist and unwelcoming in an almost 20 year old game that relies on other people playing it to be enjoyable. Like... I’m just happy this game got a brand new lease on life with this server, the last thing I want to do is deter people from playing. It’s truly self-defeating and stupid.

That said, I think this ceases to be a problem if you find the right guild. For me, after hopping around a bit, I found the right fit with one and have been really impressed with how welcoming they are without sacrificing competence.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:56 PM by Falken
Hibs only like their tanks once they are 50 and RvR, prior to that they expect you to fend for yourselves and endure the grueling journey all on your own. That is the hib tank life unless you are somehow lucky enough to find a tank group w/ a warden which was rare. It is even worse for stealthers in Hib...
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:38 PM by krycek
The lack of minstrel's to duo with.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:04 AM by Vkejai
Think you will find all realms have the same issue
Sat 16 Feb 2019 1:20 AM by Komaf
Falken wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:56 PM
Hibs only like their tanks once they are 50 and RvR, prior to that they expect you to fend for yourselves and endure the grueling journey all on your own. That is the hib tank life unless you are somehow lucky enough to find a tank group w/ a warden which was rare. It is even worse for stealthers in Hib...

A huge reason why Daoc seems to die a slow death on all emulators. That being said - this emu is better put together - but the issues are the same overall. It takes a developer to kick a group in the butt and incentivize them to take melee on all three realms - with Hib being by far the hardest to get melee groups on (unless you're pals with the right folks....)...have no day job, and so forth.

Shame that even 20-years later, an emulator's developers didn't discuss this elitist b.s. and inspire caster groups to want melee -

It also doesn't help when Mythic created a caster class with a pet that has the sole purpose of being a tank - i.e., Verdant animist.

It's a 20 year old game - I guess this is about as good as it gets. Sadly.

Hey, there's Classic WoW coming live to Blizzard - then we can really feel nostalgia, such as seeing a game where rogues are actually wanted in groups.

P.S. - I deleted everything I had on Hib last week - after a lot of work (full time job/family) - it was a lot to give up but it was my way of saying I'm done with Hib.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:52 AM by jell0jell0
You could've just waited 12 hours and create a char on another realm. It's harsh as a melee but what can you do? Create your own groups or suck it to 50 and live the life. Problem isn't the game it's the people. And people don't change!
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:15 AM by Joc
I got to 49.98 in 1d 13h 44min as an NS and 49.9 1d 16h 3min on the champ completely solo. Its really not that bad to level solo if you are melee. I stopped there so I can figure out a spec/temp so I can still respect prior to dinging 50.

Xp item tasks and rotating kill tasks made it pretty easy to be honest. The best part is that the kill tasks reset each day. I would do one stack if 10 xp item turn ins then go to DF (3 kill tasks at once) or a dungeon in classic (2 kill tasks at once) and take them to level 2 each. Up until 45 I didn't even have to rotate camps. After 45 I would just do that and log to a different character for the rest of the day and start again the following day after kill tasks reset.

I made it to 50 with a week and a half of casual play on 2 characters.

That being said a good group char like my druid made 50 in just 3 days of play lol.

Yes melee sucks to level on hib, but its not terrible really.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:36 AM by Zwei
Joc wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:15 AM
I got to 49.98 in 1d 13h 44min as an NS and 49.9 1d 16h 3min on the champ completely solo. Its really not that bad to level solo if you are melee. I stopped there so I can figure out a spec/temp so I can still respect prior to dinging 50.

Xp item tasks and rotating kill tasks made it pretty easy to be honest. The best part is that the kill tasks reset each day. I would do one stack if 10 xp item turn ins then go to DF (3 kill tasks at once) or a dungeon in classic (2 kill tasks at once) and take them to level 2 each. Up until 45 I didn't even have to rotate camps. After 45 I would just do that and log to a different character for the rest of the day and start again the following day after kill tasks reset.

I made it to 50 with a week and a half of casual play on 2 characters.

That being said a good group char like my druid made 50 in just 3 days of play lol.

Yes melee sucks to level on hib, but its not terrible really.

Well, i dont think thats the point here. For many people like me, the reason i play a mmorpg is to play with other people, not to solo my whole life from 1 to 50. And yes, as someone who played on Midgard and Hibernia, Hibernia is a lot more frustrating at this point. Not enough to stop me personally from playing, but i understand anyone who it does.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:18 AM by Patron
Its time for some lvlzergs in SH, but sadly xpzergnerf is made. So we cant push our tanks.
But we need to push our tanks.
And id like to say i see many tanks in ligen and in lfg who want to rvr.
So there are ways to reach lvl50 and i understand the frustration, but its the players, not the realm who dont like tanks in their wannabe leetgroups.

Everybody can do easy stuff, the hard stuff is what count.
Play on
Sat 16 Feb 2019 1:16 PM by Zwei
Well, why should anyone spend hours with his hero lfg in Hibernia, if he can find way easier groups on Midgard with his warrior? There is absolut no gain in enduring that ignorance. And - for the overall perspective - its better if people change realm instead of stop playing completely.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:31 PM by Infernus2k
Hibernia truly is a special place. People will take the 3rd chanter or eldritch over stealther,tank,mdps any second. I think its just bad design that you can tank 15+ mobs on an buffed ani shroom.

And all the people talking about 40 hours solo leveling to 50 is not that bad, thats nearly one month for a casual person. I know, mmo's and daoc is not very casual friendly but I wouldnt go through with this ever again. Midgard and Albion are way more to level imo.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:50 PM by Tritri
And 1 month is considered long ?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:58 PM by Zwei
Tritri wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:50 PM
And 1 month is considered long ?

Way to long if you want to play in a group in a MMORPG.

If i want to grind my toon solo to max level, i can play any singleplayer RPG i want. I dont get how you can't or dont want to understand the point of it.

Especially, if i can just pick another realm where i do find groups with the toon i want to play. Even if it takes 2 month's then, the 2 month's were full of group-fun with other people .... the kinda point of massive MULTIPLAYER rpgs if you ask me.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:48 PM by Tree
Well for me its quite simple. I enjoy playing casters. My 50s are Animist, Ench and Ment. All very PvE friendly classes, I like to play PvE.
I am not an elitist, but I play DAoC in my free time and I play it primarily for my own enjoyment, not the enjoyment of others.
When I build a group, I build it for efficency, because spending double or triple the time XPing just to help a player that chose a PvE unfriendly class is not for my own enjoyment and its not how I will spend my free time. Its also not my job and I dont get paid for slugging along with slow groups.
Also I will quit groups setup with very bad class composition, because to me my time is too valuable.

Does that mean I am a jerk? No. I will help out friends, give free advice when asked, like to play cooperatively and I like to entertain people I play with so we all have a good time.

What if you want to play a group unfriendly class? Quite simple: STEP UP and learn to play.

Here are a few things you can do:

1. Be a leader
Create your own groups and build them to fit your needs. People appreciate a great group leader that handles buildup, knowledge of spots and replacements no matter what class he plays

2. Socialize
Make friends in this game. Friends help each other out

3. Trade PL
Make a group friendly character first and farm gold to either buy PL or trade PL with someone else

4. Gather XP items
Either plan your own XP progress with XP loot mobs or farm (with a solo friendly character) beforehand or buy XP items off the market

5. Solo or Duo
Make use of phoenix eggs or get a great duo and XP on orange mobs that give you daily tasks

Thats all too complicated and you rather like to live from other peoples charity? Well good luck, but not on my watch.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:54 PM by Infernus2k
Congratz on your Ani, Ment and Ench. Haven't seen these classes in bomb groups for a while

Now do ranger, ns and valewalker and look how far you can get with those precious phoenix eggs.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:20 PM by Zwei
Tree wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:48 PM
Well for me its quite simple. I enjoy playing casters. My 50s are Animist, Ench and Ment. All very PvE friendly classes, I like to play PvE.
I am not an elitist, but I play DAoC in my free time and I play it primarily for my own enjoyment, not the enjoyment of others.
When I build a group, I build it for efficency, because spending double or triple the time XPing just to help a player that chose a PvE unfriendly class is not for my own enjoyment and its not how I will spend my free time. Its also not my job and I dont get paid for slugging along with slow groups.
Also I will quit groups setup with very bad class composition, because to me my time is too valuable.

Does that mean I am a jerk? No. I will help out friends, give free advice when asked, like to play cooperatively and I like to entertain people I play with so we all have a good time.

What if you want to play a group unfriendly class? Quite simple: STEP UP and learn to play.

Here are a few things you can do:

1. Be a leader
Create your own groups and build them to fit your needs. People appreciate a great group leader that handles buildup, knowledge of spots and replacements no matter what class he plays

2. Socialize
Make friends in this game. Friends help each other out

3. Trade PL
Make a group friendly character first and farm gold to either buy PL or trade PL with someone else

4. Gather XP items
Either plan your own XP progress with XP loot mobs or farm (with a solo friendly character) beforehand or buy XP items off the market

5. Solo or Duo
Make use of phoenix eggs or get a great duo and XP on orange mobs that give you daily tasks

Thats all too complicated and you rather like to live from other peoples charity? Well good luck, but not on my watch.

People like you are probably the main source of the problem. You list 5 suggestions, were only 1 is a real suggestions to the problem (Nr 1). The other ones are not a help at all, because the neither solve the problem, nor increase the fun.

To 2) How do you "make friends" if you can play 1-2 hours a day if you dont find groups, were you actually have the chance to befriend someone?

To 3) So he should spend 1-2 months of his time to xp a toon he doesnt want to play, to pl a toon from another player, so his char gets pl? Are you even serious about this one?

To 4) XP items help both ways, they dont got anything to do with finding groups or friends. Hell, we dont even complain about the xp-speed itself, so "tipps how to 1337 grind" are not asked for

To 5) Again, you suggest to farm solo for eggs to maximize the xp/hour, what nobody asked for.

Sorry, if you dont even bother to read or understand, what we are talking about, stay away with your golden ratio of the perfect xp/hour method.

While this may sound harsh, you are probably one of the reasons Hibernia is what it is.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:54 PM by Tree
Ah yeah sure. I offer several ways to improve your gaming experience over which you have actual personal power. But that's not the problem to begin with, I am the problem.

Where can you find that mindset in the real world? Ah yes, the political left. Always the other people are the problem. We should all come together, share everything and be loving and generous people. Paradise on earth. Does that ever work?

No, it doesnt.

What does work? A mindset of personal power and taking responsibility over the things you can influence. I offered that. Take it or leave it. But don't tell me how I have to spend MY TIME to accomodate your choices and your unresponsibility.

And before you get salty and rage more about me, here is option number six.

6. Petition your governenment (sorry staff)
Ask the staff to hold hands some more and implement even easier ways to gain XP.
(Maybe they can write a script where every player that earns too much XP gives a percentage to a player that does not earn enough or maybe they could transfer one of my Lvl50 characters over to Twos account? That would be fair I guess)
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:46 PM by Infernus2k
great post, now you have proven that Zwei was right about you lol
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:56 PM by Frigzy
Don't like your group?

Leave it.

Can't 'find' a group?

Make one.

Instead of whining and blaming others maybe you could start acting out the change you want to see.

If you're set on adhering to a non-effecient playstyle you better be ready to accept the consequences and act accordingly.

Sitting in a mindset where you insist that other people are the problem is counter productive. You'll only end up frustrating yourself.

Find people who think like you is probably the best solution long term.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:10 PM by Infernus2k
Frigzy wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:56 PM
Don't like your group?

Leave it.

Can't 'find' a group?

Make one.

Instead of whining and blaming others maybe you could start acting out the change you want to see.

If you're set on adhering to a non-effecient playstyle you better be ready to accept the consequences and act accordingly.

Sitting in a mindset where you insist that other people are the problem is counter productive. You'll only end up frustrating yourself.

Find people who think like you is probably the best solution long term.

Don't like the people and the mindest in your realm ?

leave it.

Thats what this thread is all about. Its not about the slow solo exp, but you guys dont get it lol.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:15 PM by Frigzy
"Other people don't get it."

This mindset is the seed of your frustrations.

Good luck in the other realms, I'll certainly enjoy killing you in the frontiers as much as any other.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:43 PM by Tree
Infernus2k wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:46 PM

I am sure he will be happy to hear it. Workers of the world, unite!

Infernus2k wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:10 PM
Thats what this thread is all about. Its not about the slow solo exp, but you guys dont get it lol.

Yeah youre right. This thread is about "Mami, Mami, Billy says he does not want to play in the sandbox with me" *cry*
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:50 AM by Zwei
Tree wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:43 PM
Infernus2k wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:46 PM

I am sure he will be happy to hear it. Workers of the world, unite!

Infernus2k wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:10 PM

Yeah youre right. This thread is about "Mami, Mami, Billy says he does not want to play in the sandbox with me" *cry*

The hell is wrong with you? Some kind of overlord-feeling? You dont even care to understand whats the point of the tread and you are still going on about your personal vision on the world. This is about as stupid as one can be. Im probably as left as the pope is moslem, so well done with this stupid compersion.

B2T: I cant talk about albion, because i never really played there. But in Midgard, you really find faster and easier groups with any kind of class as in Hibernia.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 12:05 PM by Tritri
I understand that if you play 1-2hours a day and want to level up a melee, it's going to be a painful run. The only thing I can see you doing is join a guild to find people that will be fine with meeting up at a specific hour to level up.

You don't even need to build a full group, with my BM I level'd up super fast with just a warden one evening, chaining mob at a very fast pace

And as stated in my signature, I level'd up a 50 BM. I did that by building my own groups and using gold to get task item when I was 35+. But I played 3h30 a day on the char, and building a good group usually takes 15-20minutes

Time management is also key, it's more important to make one longer session than to make a lot of very short sessions if you want to group up
Sun 17 Feb 2019 1:26 PM by Patron
Hib need tanks, in hib tanks hardly get spots in xp groups.
Too bad zergxp is hardnerfed on phoenix, otherwise i would lead some xpzergs in sh to strenghten the hibernian back.

Other method is to build melleegroups and roam around bog or fzdungeons.

I hope we can enhance the hib mellee.
We need you
Sun 17 Feb 2019 3:21 PM by Awarkle
I remember a looong time ago you could do exp zergs everyone level 20, with balanced groups IE druid bard warden 2 pbaoers with 1 shield tank and then 3 "others" you would run off as 6 fgs and all rush high level mobs.

You could go from 20 to 50 in about 2 days of play.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 3:50 PM by Luluko
well some people should probably level a bard or druid first and then as a second toon a melee, everyone who played daoc a while already knows that if you take any class in your grp you will lose way more often and some people cant stand it if a grp breaks up because of that, also a good grp leader who finds new people is quite a stressful job if you also have to drive and that are often bards. And then you have people which just wanna "have fun" play their melee toon while they overextend and then cry that they arent getting healed. I can see the frustration if you cant find grps especially here with no bp speed or horses its no fun at all. And thats why everyone should at least lvl a class with as their first toon preferable barde or ench. Elitism is a problem I agree tho. But in mid as a shaman or skald you get a grp pretty fast. Hib has it a little harder guess battlebard needs some love.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 5:58 PM by Quik
Luluko wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 3:50 PM
well some people should probably level a bard or druid first and then as a second toon a melee, everyone who played daoc a while already knows that if you take any class in your grp you will lose way more often and some people cant stand it if a grp breaks up because of that, also a good grp leader who finds new people is quite a stressful job if you also have to drive and that are often bards. And then you have people which just wanna "have fun" play their melee toon while they overextend and then cry that they arent getting healed. I can see the frustration if you cant find grps especially here with no bp speed or horses its no fun at all. And thats why everyone should at least lvl a class with as their first toon preferable barde or ench. Elitism is a problem I agree tho. But in mid as a shaman or skald you get a grp pretty fast. Hib has it a little harder guess battlebard needs some love.

I actually left Hib partly because of the "Perfect group syndrome". It is amazing how often I saw /lfg a group with 2-3 PBAOE only accepting MORE PBAOE.

Yes I know people want to level fast but damn, this got old real fast and I was tired of dealing with it.

Moved to Mid and now I still see PBAOE needed, but mainly they are only after 1 or 2. Yes some groups still try to get a bunch of them, but it is NEARLY as bad as on Hib. I have had zero issues getting a group with a Skald or Warrior or Thane or Zerker so far, while on Hib if I wanted to play my Hero or BM I either needed to try to start a group which had its own issues, or pray someone had an opening and wanted the 5% xp I offered.

I wish everyone on Hib good luck, but even with 3 of my toons at lvl 50, it was not much fun on the PvE side which I still enjoy.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:53 PM by Shadanwolf
I spent 45 minutes with my Ranger in Thid today.....failing to get any group...stealther group...visible group. THIS happens consistently and made me make a visible just to not have to always solo.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:59 PM by Quik
Shadanwolf wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:53 PM
I spent 45 minutes with my Ranger in Thid today.....failing to get any group...stealther group...visible group. THIS happens consistently and made me make a visible just to not have to always solo.

LOL I have only been to Thid a few times so I have very little experience here, but I quit going because every single time I went there were stealthers everywhere...I swear I did a /who thid and got something like 20 people and 16 of them were stealthers!!! After trying a few times I just quit as I got tired of it.

I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying it seems like Thid has become the stealthier BG and I find it easier to lvl on up to 50 and play in the frontiers.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:58 PM by Luluko
Quik wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 5:58 PM
Luluko wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 3:50 PM

I actually left Hib partly because of the "Perfect group syndrome". It is amazing how often I saw /lfg a group with 2-3 PBAOE only accepting MORE PBAOE.

Yes I know people want to level fast but damn, this got old real fast and I was tired of dealing with it.

Moved to Mid and now I still see PBAOE needed, but mainly they are only after 1 or 2. Yes some groups still try to get a bunch of them, but it is NEARLY as bad as on Hib. I have had zero issues getting a group with a Skald or Warrior or Thane or Zerker so far, while on Hib if I wanted to play my Hero or BM I either needed to try to start a group which had its own issues, or pray someone had an opening and wanted the 5% xp I offered.

I wish everyone on Hib good luck, but even with 3 of my toons at lvl 50, it was not much fun on the PvE side which I still enjoy.
then you are lucky when I started out in mid and leveled my skald I only got a grp until lvl 25, after that no luck and only did solo kill tasks/ xp item turn ins so leveling also took me awhile, and mids were also very picky usually support or something ae/pbae dam and shield tanks were really searched

luckily you dont really have a problem getting a grp with 50 as skald for rvr
Sun 17 Feb 2019 10:00 PM by Quik
I had the most trouble getting a group with my Skald but I am guessing that's because of the 250000 skalds in /lfg at the same time LOL
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:45 AM by dansari
Tree wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:54 PM
Ah yeah sure. I offer several ways to improve your gaming experience over which you have actual personal power. But that's not the problem to begin with, I am the problem.

Where can you find that mindset in the real world? Ah yes, the political left. Always the other people are the problem. We should all come together, share everything and be loving and generous people. Paradise on earth. Does that ever work?

No, it doesnt.

Except in nearly every industrialized nation outside of the US, including Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland...
Mon 18 Feb 2019 7:34 AM by Tritri
Are you guys really going to argue politics over game design ?
Could you not ? :>
Mon 18 Feb 2019 7:48 AM by labova
I play mainly Midgard and Hib on Phoenix. I'd almost go as far as to say: "If you want to play melee, play Midgard". It is just easier to find a group as melee in Mid.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 11:20 AM by DinoTriz
I was about to roll a melee character on Hib...

Glad I found this post.

You guys don't Guard/Protect your PBAOErs?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:34 PM by Tritri
What for ? They never get aggro because verd's pet aoe taunt ( + deals damage and don't leech xp )
Mon 18 Feb 2019 2:21 PM by Durgrim
Tritri wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:34 PM
verd's pet aoe taunt ( + deals damage and don't leech xp )

just LOL'd so hard seriously?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 2:39 PM by Shadanwolf
dansari wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:45 AM
Tree wrote:

No, it doesnt.

Except in nearly every industrialized nation outside of the US, including Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland...
Sweden is a capitalist,free enterprise country.
Denmark is a capitalist country with free enterprise
Norway is a capitalist country with a free enterprise economic system
Iceland is a capitalist country with a strong free enterprise economic system
Finland bases it's economy on capitalism and free enterprise
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:32 PM by Cytrial
I just wanted to try something else a little while.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:45 PM by ibeturgood
if i was a verdant animist, one of the most sought after classes, why would I want to join a group that has a bunch of useless classes in it?

you may not like that but its how the game was designed... don't hate the player hate the game.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:53 PM by djegu
I'm not sure about people leaving hib because of unfriendly pve mdps. The 12h timers make it easier to switch realm, maybe people wanted to test hib but didn't liked it, or maybe people wanted to try another realm, the same mechanics apply backward, i'm sure people are leaving mid and alb for hib too.

Regarding the pve situation, i have an ench and a ns, i started with the ench because i wanted to have more social interaction at the beginning, more grp friendly.
As a soloer it's way harder to level, BUT if you have buff potion you can fly from lvl 20 to 50 in no time and alone. So my suggestion is, do a pve/farm friendly toon, make it 50, make friends, make money, make a crafter, find a guild and then put everything on your main, very high rog, buff pot (with LW and tireless you can chain solo yellow).
You don't want to do that ? Then be best buddy with an alchemist.

I do agree it's kind of meh but it's how game work, i'm sure it's not how it was designed but people find a loophole and exploit it, it's like that in real life too.
Go to Mid and you'll have the same problem, alb it's the same. Some class aren't good at finding grp during pve but very demanded in RvR.

Just a friendly reminder, this is not WoW, WoW was known for it's friendly easy going pve, here the main goal of every player it's to go FZ to defend realm pride.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:02 PM by Ceen
djegu wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:53 PM
I'm not sure about people leaving hib because of unfriendly pve mdps. The 12h timers make it easier to switch realm, maybe people wanted to test hib but didn't liked it, or maybe people wanted to try another realm, the same mechanics apply backward, i'm sure people are leaving mid and alb for hib too.

Regarding the pve situation, i have an ench and a ns, i started with the ench because i wanted to have more social interaction at the beginning, more grp friendly.
As a soloer it's way harder to level, BUT if you have buff potion you can fly from lvl 20 to 50 in no time and alone. So my suggestion is, do a pve/farm friendly toon, make it 50, make friends, make money, make a crafter, find a guild and then put everything on your main, very high rog, buff pot (with LW and tireless you can chain solo yellow).
You don't want to do that ? Then be best buddy with an alchemist.

I do agree it's kind of meh but it's how game work, i'm sure it's not how it was designed but people find a loophole and exploit it, it's like that in real life too.
Go to Mid and you'll have the same problem, alb it's the same. Some class aren't good at finding grp during pve but very demanded in RvR.

Just a friendly reminder, this is not WoW, WoW was known for it's friendly easy going pve, here the main goal of every player it's to go FZ to defend realm pride.
People did not leave hib.
The headline makes a random assumption which simple is not valid and suggesting its the trues. Just like any random trash newspaper like The Sun or Bild or Trump
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:14 PM by dansari
Shadanwolf wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 2:39 PM
dansari wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:45 AM
Tree wrote:

No, it doesnt.

Sweden is a capitalist,free enterprise country.
Denmark is a capitalist country with free enterprise
Norway is a capitalist country with a free enterprise economic system
Iceland is a capitalist country with a strong free enterprise economic system
Finland bases it's economy on capitalism and free enterprise

Correct. Unlike the United States, which is a crony capitalist oligarchy driven by money in politics, hardly similar to the social democracies listed. I understand the strawman the OP was trying to set up: fear mongering about Venezuela or communism. The truth is, though, only ignorant neanderthals fall for this surface level, no nuance bs
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:31 PM by labra
I'm not leaving Hib but I plan to do all epic dungeons/dragons so I'm rolling toons on Alb then Mid
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:52 AM by Zwei
ibeturgood wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:45 PM
if i was a verdant animist, one of the most sought after classes, why would I want to join a group that has a bunch of useless classes in it?

you may not like that but its how the game was designed... don't hate the player hate the game.

If this would be legit, then people should hate an object like, for example, a gun instead of the guy who shot someone with it?
Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:37 PM by Jaegaer
ibeturgood wrote:

Lol, no. No game designer ever said "lets make a great PvE class so that the players can act like entitled fools."

And all the verdant animists stand in their portal keep while their FZ is raided being useless and having noone to defend them bc they would not have anyone on their team.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 2:49 PM by Sepplord
why do people think there are loads of players leaving hib?

yesterday hib had the biggest population of lvl50s with 430hibs VS 340mids and 330albs, when i went to bed they still had the same pop of 430 lvl50 players online, while both mid and alb population had decreased down to 280-290 lvl50s.
They were also crushing the tasks

imo population just changes from day to day...on the weekend mids were dominating the frontier with massive numberadvantage (despite serverinfo showing a balanced amount of lvl50s in all three realms)
Tue 19 Feb 2019 4:43 PM by Thinal
ibeturgood wrote:

I can tell you that as an arborial animist, I find any group would slow me down. I can chain reds with bombers or farm fields of OJs creep-style without any creep spec. Respeccing to verdant to get groups would be a significant step backwards. I imagine many creeps feel the same way.

The group dynamics of this game in general and this realm in particular make me ill, so I've ended up avoiding them. The game is just a timesink for my life, and I'd rather face the challenge of solo progression than the waiting and bickering of grouping with my timesink.

I agree that it's not the players, though. A characteristic that is shared and predictable within a group ceases to be a character flaw, and is instead a symptom of an existing incentive structure. Player versus player is always going to be intense, this game seriously discourages solo PvP / RvR, so the process of creating the perfect build is extended to creating the perfect group. Hib's particular dynamics within this environment are caused by its class ability distribution and FZ geography. Hari Seldon wouldn't need a second foundation to enforce his predictions of how this would turn out.
Sat 23 Feb 2019 1:11 PM by dbeattie71
ibeturgood wrote:

XP bonus.
Sat 23 Feb 2019 4:50 PM by Errakus
Falken wrote:

This is the same for Alb. We had to hit 50 and then PL most of the tanks that wanted to play in RVR cause the only people consistently getting groups were clerics, icers, occasionally a rejuv friar, and matter cabalists.
Sun 24 Feb 2019 6:57 PM by starduckzzz
Well you are absolutely correct. I just hit 50 on my NS alt. I solo´d from lvl 1 to lvl 50. Nobody wants a NS in the grp.. But i guess it aint to bad, Just buy buff and end potion and you can get a BM to 50 in a week. Took me about 1.5 day /played on the NS.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 10:07 AM by Mawa01
Why not giving melees a xp buff for groups? Should not be a problem to implement a +5% (or so) per additional melee in a group for all groupmembers.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 12:43 PM by Perissh
I play a Verd Ani, and even i think its ridiculous how groups consist of like 3 classes, especially with a bonus for every different class in the group.

If you already have 2 enchanters, there is no reason to grab a 3rd enchanter, when you can grab a Ranger, Tanks, or NS who can pull for you and also give you the exp bonus. Yeah, an extra enchanter will help you kill faster, but that would be the same as getting 5% more exp per mob.

It really is that rush mentality, and people wanting to do as little work as possible.

Easiest fix would be for the "underpopulated" classes to be given higher exp bonuses when grouped. normal classes 5% bonus, underpopulated 10%. done.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:47 PM by daones
I think the ungrouped classes bonus would be good, they can take a look at the most grouped classes give them the base 5% and adjust for the other classes, even go further by giving higher bonuses for the least played classes... But dont go crazy on the % bonus differences but enough where people would pick a non essential class to a 3rd enchanter.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 5:22 PM by Cadebrennus
An RP bonus for classes not normally grouped would be a start
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:58 AM by Tritri
Would be fun to see in lfg chat "looking for NS to get xp buff"

But it will also mean a lot easier for stealther to level up, which means a lot more stealther lvl 50, which means end of fun : >

Remember i50
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:23 AM by Mawa01
I imagine this could be a win/win situation for everyone.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:27 PM by wobbles
I made a mentalist because they are fun and try to use 1 or 2 spots in the groups I make for NS/ranger/hero etc etc.. I find most of the time, those classes go AFK in group anyways and piss everyone off.. I understand they don't have a lot to do in the group in the first place, esp with bombing groups, but that just adds onto the problem IMO. I at least try to do my part and bring them along, and if they are friendly enough or pulling well etc, I /friend them etc. There definitely is a problem though..

I couldn't even find a group (or start one) to bomb on my verd ani to level, and I was making it so I can farm / help people out lol.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:46 PM by Perissh
wobbles wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:27 PM
I made a mentalist because they are fun and try to use 1 or 2 spots in the groups I make for NS/ranger/hero etc etc.. I find most of the time, those classes go AFK in group anyways and piss everyone off.. I understand they don't have a lot to do in the group in the first place, esp with bombing groups, but that just adds onto the problem IMO. I at least try to do my part and bring them along, and if they are friendly enough or pulling well etc, I /friend them etc. There definitely is a problem though..

I couldn't even find a group (or start one) to bomb on my verd ani to level, and I was making it so I can farm / help people out lol.

Put them to work as a Puller and they cant go AFK without you being aware of it.
Sat 2 Mar 2019 11:51 PM by Gondlyr
To the original poster, I only group with my guild. You sounded like you were always in pugs. You just need to get into the right guild and stop pugging.
Thu 7 Mar 2019 10:52 PM by Gylp
I aint leaving Hib.
But, I do understand people who do...

While having my 50 Ani - 50 Eld and a 46 Ranger.
I know that Stealthers in Hib are destined to Solo, which to some extent is ok, but having EVERY damn xp item farm camps DESTROYED by farming lvl 50 Animists is a freaking pain.
Even asking them nicely to not take the whole camp, but leave some for those that solo, is often ignored and the only reply is more shrooms.
When i lvled my Ani, which is verd spec for group, I NEVER ruined someones camp, its just a retarded thing to do and doesnt do the realm any good.
Just be kind and move to a different spot, farm a bit less, invite the other player to the group and share the xp, which a lvl 50 dont need anyway ??

So far my experience as a Ranger is that there are too many stupid farm animists in this realm. People are EXTREMELY selfcentered and have no regard for others, as long as they get their farm to buy feathers or whatever.

So yes, i understand someone new coming to Hib, and wanting to make something else than an animist, are leaving for a more friendly enviroment.
Thu 7 Mar 2019 11:08 PM by Boric
Exodus of Hib will continue now that Emain Fighting is back.

Hib Task = Emain Fighting + Task RPs
Alb Task = Emain Fighting + Task RPs
Mid Task = Emain Fighting + Task RPs

Running to Emain = A lot less fun than porting. This was very very evident late Beta when it was pretty much a 2 realm game for testing.
Fri 8 Mar 2019 9:44 AM by Sepplord
Gylp wrote:
Thu 7 Mar 2019 10:52 PM
I aint leaving Hib.

I know that Stealthers in Hib are destined to Solo, which to some extent is ok, but having EVERY damn xp item farm camps DESTROYED by farming lvl 50 Animists is a freaking pain.
Even asking them nicely to not take the whole camp, but leave some for those that solo, is often ignored and the only reply is more shrooms.
When i lvled my Ani, which is verd spec for group, I NEVER ruined someones camp, its just a retarded thing to do and doesnt do the realm any good.
Just be kind and move to a different spot, farm a bit less, invite the other player to the group and share the xp, which a lvl 50 dont need anyway ??

So far my experience as a Ranger is that there are too many stupid farm animists in this realm. People are EXTREMELY selfcentered and have no regard for others, as long as they get their farm to buy feathers or whatever.

So yes, i understand someone new coming to Hib, and wanting to make something else than an animist, are leaving for a more friendly enviroment.

if all the XP itemspots are camped by 50animists farming them, shouldn't those items be extremely cheap in the housing zone?
I get where you are coming from regarding the animist problem, but when i leveled my stealther i focused on XP-bonus mobs and simply bought most XP-items unless they were dropping from a beneficial mob-type themselves (and even then i would usually avoid killing more than one (at most two) tasks worth of mobs, which most often didn't give me 10XP-items anyways
Fri 8 Mar 2019 9:51 AM by Durgrim
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 8 Mar 2019 9:44 AM
Gylp wrote:
I aint leaving Hib.

if all the XP itemspots are camped by 50animists farming them, shouldn't those items be extremely cheap in the housing zone?
I get where you are coming from regarding the animist problem, but when i leveled my stealther i focused on XP-bonus mobs and simply bought most XP-items unless they were dropping from a beneficial mob-type themselves (and even then i would usually avoid killing more than one (at most two) tasks worth of mobs, which most often didn't give me 10XP-items anyways

I do understand Gylp on this. There might be the type of player, who wants to enjoy the content himself instead of buying stuff off the HZ and finding all important camps camped seems to be not nice. Maybe some GMs can do something about this. I'd happily engage as a 'Good manners counselor' with these animists and 'animate' them not taking the whole spot
Fri 8 Mar 2019 1:40 PM by Dominus
and, if its your first character, you don't have the gold to "buy" your XP.
Fri 8 Mar 2019 2:34 PM by Sepplord
Dominus wrote:
Fri 8 Mar 2019 1:40 PM
and, if its your first character, you don't have the gold to "buy" your XP.

if they are really cheap, you have, considering no lvl50 would be camping a spot below lvl35, and at that point you already have quite some coin
Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:40 PM by SaintRon
If you need a group I've asked several times on lfg hib if *anyone* would like to join my group. I've also asked on Reddit.

If you want a group to play with that is more open minded get in touch with me on here or in game on Wash.
Tue 12 Mar 2019 11:54 PM by waffel
Animist aren’t farming XP items lol. That is trash money and a waste of time. They’re farming salvage drops. Why would you waste time on XP items when you can easily farm 5 plat an hour on an animist? My first hour at work is spent farming on my animist and it’s a steady 5.2-5.8plat an hour. Summoned merchant and vault and you only need to leave every few days.
Thu 14 Mar 2019 12:36 PM by BigX
Spoonanner wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:21 PM

What is your reason?

Me? Group gatekeeping. Too many elitists refusing to invite a melee/ranger. Refusing to invite a healer because they demand "druid only".

It just is no fun. I was in a group as an enchanter. We had 3 bombs, 2 healers, 2 animists, and 1 open spot. Numerous melee, tanks, and rangers lfg. However, the group leader refused to invite them. We were killing just fine and remained a 7 man because the leader has this deep seeded elitism that will only allow a 4th bomb or a druid specific for the 8th spot.

I have since moved to a different realm and while the elitism is still there, it is far less than Hibernia.

Who thinks having only eldritches, enchanters, druids, bards and animists is great for lvl 50 rvr?

The same goes for BGs. Too many elitists who refuse to invite certain classes. I was the bard in our group of 5. A hero was lfg, a BM, ranger, NS, all over a period of 20 minutes but the leader refused to invite them because "they aren't what they wanted for their leet 8 man". He kept yelling at me for not using speed song because I wanted everyone there to fight together and us not outrun them as they tried to stay with us.

I ended up leaving the group and started my own, full of NS, ranger, melee and any else who wanted to join.

I really like the server. The nostalgic experience and the fun. I just am quickly growing tired of this elitist leveling trend to rush rush rush and exclude any who may even slightly impede on your mad dash to 50 or "ideal pvp group".

I play to socialize, be challenged, and have fun. Pressing "3" (my pbaoe spell) over and over while being yelled at to be faster to bomb when mobs come in is not fun. This why I stopped playing my enchanter at 41.

I find the funnest leveling experience 1-20. People are generally a lot more open about inviting any class unless a healer is absolutely needed. Even then, duplicate healers are fine as long as we stay alive.

This is why I left Hib.

so making effective group setups is elitism now.

my god, people on this server.... worse than 2001
Thu 14 Mar 2019 1:23 PM by dbeattie71
Gylp wrote:
I aint leaving Hib.

So many noobs. As someone already mentioned, Animists aren’t farming xp drops. And dealing with an Animist that thinks a camp is theirs is easy. Wait for a mob to spawn and pull it before shrooms can do damage. When the shrooms damage the mob you tagged, kindly ask the animist to not damage mobs you pulled. If they continue, appeal, problem solved.
Thu 14 Mar 2019 2:39 PM by SaintRon
BigX wrote:
Thu 14 Mar 2019 12:36 PM
Spoonanner wrote:

What is your reason?

This is why I left Hib.

I think you're being disingenuous here. The issue is that a lot of people playing on the server are rigidly dogmatic when it comes to everyone else.

"Play the way I want our you're stupid." Or variations of this is repeated ad nauseum in advice chat. Nothing like a guy playing a champion telling a warden that his spec isn't viable because "people have figured this out".

Well brother I got bad news for you....
Sat 16 Mar 2019 2:01 PM by Komaf
BigX wrote:
Spoonanner wrote:

What is your reason?

This is why I left Hib.

Nothing at all to do with elitism. That response was illogical.

First, you'd have to explain what effective group setup refers to. You'd have to state that since elitism includes the concept that only certain types of people are included in a given event, that this is NOT happening. If everyone is being included in the given event, then we do not have elitism. If, however, only certain players are being drafted into groups, and players LFG are literally giggling in the text at the pointlessness of asking for an invite (e.g., Ranger, 24. LF XP lol...thought it was worth a shot.) then elitism is occurring.

You could, however, argue that players want to level quickly and that non-specific characters inhibit this. This would still be elitism because by process this is what is happening. Here's an example with an elite golfing club that raises money for political candidates:

High-Class T's will invite you to be a part of their fundraising family. In order to raise the most amount of capital, however, your annual salary/net worth must show to be minimally 7 digits. We will decline applications by individuals who earn 6 or even 5 digit salaries.

That's elitism.

So, in Hib daoc, we're earning XP - not raising money. But the idea is the same. We're also inviting players that can in our minds, maximize XP potential. We'll even have a heterogeneous group and get the hetero group XP bonus, while still remaining "elite":

Druid
Bard
Mentalist
Animist
Enchanter
Eldritch
Warden

You'll see this group makeup all over. One slot you will as well see will remain open, and the group will then wait until they get another heal/pbao/perhaps a creeping or arb animist for the last slot. Meanwhile you'll ignore nightshade/ranger/blademaster/hero/champ/valewalker XP requests. Because you see, the above heterogeneous group is wanting to continue to maximize their XP.

You would then reply that leveling efficiency would be the goal. And while you'd be correct, the issue because of the game's limitations, compiled with Hibernia's ability to run two varying caster groups (with no need for melee), i.e., chanter focus and or verdant animist with bombs, means that efficiency would be based SOLELY on those two group builds.

This means that melee classes and hybrids are not a part of the "Hibernian experience." Could you in effect have a bard/druid and six nightshades and do well? Of course, you could. Each melee would in and of themselves represent a mushroom gnawing at a mob. Would it take more work? Yes, being stoned and just standing around wouldn't be helpful. Much easier to be stoned as so many enjoy doing and just pbaoe'ing inc mobs as a verdant animist while 1 button mashers pbaoe the remains.

Sarcasm aside, you could have melee groups but no one wants to do those. EVen nightshades and rangers along with Valewalkers are looking for pbaoe/animists over their fellow class builds.

Hate the game or the players - but the end result is the same. It's an elitism situation.
Sun 17 Mar 2019 12:54 AM by BigX
Komaf wrote:
Sat 16 Mar 2019 2:01 PM
BigX wrote:
Spoonanner wrote:

What is your reason?

This is why I left Hib.

First, you'd have to explain what effective group setup refers to. You'd have to state that since elitism includes the concept that only certain types of people are included in a given event, that this is NOT happening. If everyone is being included in the given event, then we do not have elitism. If, however, only certain players are being drafted into groups, and players LFG are literally giggling in the text at the pointlessness of asking for an invite (e.g., Ranger, 24. LF XP lol...thought it was worth a shot.) then elitism is occurring.

You could, however, argue that players want to level quickly and that non-specific characters inhibit this. This would still be elitism because by process this is what is happening. Here's an example with an elite golfing club that raises money for political candidates:

High-Class T's will invite you to be a part of their fundraising family. In order to raise the most amount of capital, however, your annual salary/net worth must show to be minimally 7 digits. We will decline applications by individuals who earn 6 or even 5 digit salaries.

That's elitism.

So, in Hib daoc, we're earning XP - not raising money. But the idea is the same. We're also inviting players that can in our minds, maximize XP potential. We'll even have a heterogeneous group and get the hetero group XP bonus, while still remaining "elite":

Druid
Bard
Mentalist
Animist
Enchanter
Eldritch
Warden

You'll see this group makeup all over. One slot you will as well see will remain open, and the group will then wait until they get another heal/pbao/perhaps a creeping or arb animist for the last slot. Meanwhile you'll ignore nightshade/ranger/blademaster/hero/champ/valewalker XP requests. Because you see, the above heterogeneous group is wanting to continue to maximize their XP.

You would then reply that leveling efficiency would be the goal. And while you'd be correct, the issue because of the game's limitations, compiled with Hibernia's ability to run two varying caster groups (with no need for melee), i.e., chanter focus and or verdant animist with bombs, means that efficiency would be based SOLELY on those two group builds.

This means that melee classes and hybrids are not a part of the "Hibernian experience." Could you in effect have a bard/druid and six nightshades and do well? Of course, you could. Each melee would in and of themselves represent a mushroom gnawing at a mob. Would it take more work? Yes, being stoned and just standing around wouldn't be helpful. Much easier to be stoned as so many enjoy doing and just pbaoe'ing inc mobs as a verdant animist while 1 button mashers pbaoe the remains.

Sarcasm aside, you could have melee groups but no one wants to do those. EVen nightshades and rangers along with Valewalkers are looking for pbaoe/animists over their fellow class builds.

Hate the game or the players - but the end result is the same. It's an elitism situation.

so you expect ppl that know how to xp properly waste their time cos random ranger joe #385 wants some xp too? why would i or anyone else give a fuck about him? absolutely 0 reason. there is ways to level these kinda toons by either soloing xp items or simply building the groups urself. dont expect to get invited into optimized pve groups with a char that simply is completely useless. it wont happen.

this has nothing to do with elitism. this is simply common sense. you dont waste ur personal freetime for some random guy you dont know. simple as that.

exactly same goes with ppl that play alright classes with dumb specs. will i invite a staff friar to my pve group? a light eld? no ofc i wont. why would i ? they are useless and only waste my time. if they wanna run dumb specs, fine. they can do so solo and only waste their own time then. problem solved.
Sun 17 Mar 2019 1:19 AM by Komaf
BigX wrote:
Sun 17 Mar 2019 12:54 AM
Komaf wrote:
BigX wrote:

That's elitism.

Druid
Bard
Mentalist
Animist
Enchanter
Eldritch
Warden

so you expect ppl that know how to xp properly waste their time cos random ranger joe #385 wants some xp too? why would i or anyone else give a fuck about him? absolutely 0 reason. there is ways to level these kinda toons by either soloing xp items or simply building the groups urself. dont expect to get invited into optimized pve groups with a char that simply is completely useless. it wont happen.

this has nothing to do with elitism. this is simply common sense. you dont waste ur personal freetime for some random guy you dont know. simple as that.

exactly same goes with ppl that play alright classes with dumb specs. will i invite a staff friar to my pve group? a light eld? no ofc i wont. why would i ? they are useless and only waste my time. if they wanna run dumb specs, fine. they can do so solo and only waste their own time then. problem solved.

Thank you for proving my point. I rest my case on the issue.

Peace.
Sun 17 Mar 2019 2:16 AM by BigX
Komaf wrote:
Sun 17 Mar 2019 1:19 AM
BigX wrote:
Sun 17 Mar 2019 12:54 AM
Komaf wrote:

That's elitism.

Druid
Bard
Mentalist
Animist
Enchanter
Eldritch
Warden

Thank you for proving my point. I rest my case on the issue.

Peace.

cant prove a point where none is.
Sun 17 Mar 2019 11:43 AM by Sarcast
FYI
I left Midgard (beloved Realm) for the reason of yours for leaving hibs, to start over here in Hibernia.
(elitist behavior, arrogance in chat (/advice gtfo, RtFM), If you dont like it leave and join another realm ... )

I found out the people have the same mind setup on both of these realms AND I take a wilde guess its the same in Albion .

So my assumption is that DAOC in general binds a certain group of people with a similar mind set and mind set combination population.

I suggest to make a list of what you like and dislike about the
-game mechanics/design/lore
-player behavior

and see what you can life with and not ... than deal with it.
But of course share you point of view.
Sun 17 Mar 2019 12:46 PM by Greenangel
The whole point this server seems to be updated modern version of daoc with realm vs realm war were every class can play and have fun.

Where elites and casuals can both play and have fun.

I played hib briefly to level 24 in 4 hours as blade master and leveling was fast due casual friendliness people buffing me giving me xp items for free.

Fastest leveling so far..

There seems be casuals in every realm and elites .
I suggest finding a casual guild or forming one which does not mind running 2 groups togeather rvr.

I seem meet lot like minded people who would be very good togeather in same guild playing casual friendly and would group with anyone.

I only look to join guilds what are friendly and welcome all classes.
Sun 17 Mar 2019 11:31 PM by Ashenspire
People really like to confuse "elitism" with "this is a 20 year old game and people that are much better/smarter at this game than you are have figured out the most efficient way to play it a long time ago."

So yes, don't get upset when you choose to swim against the current. There are a ton of things that can help undesired pve classes solo, do those.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 1:20 PM by JohnnyProphet
Im not leaving hib for another realm, granted i just started, but Blademasta Style 4 Life

-Leeroyce
Mon 25 Mar 2019 4:11 PM by PingGuy
I was Hib on this server from day one, but somewhere along the way I got bored. After getting my Warden to 50, I started on an Animist for farming, and ended up really disliking the class. At that point I took an Albion vacation to play around with the Theurgist, and have only been back a few times since. Now I'm working on a Necro, just playing what seems fun at the time.

Hib seemed like a more friendly and less "troll-in-advice" type realm while I was there. Alb has less of that feel, and a lot more trolling. I'm sure I'll be back to Hib once I find another class I want to play there. Won't be doing anything in Mid until their pop drops a lot more. Trying to play wherever the pop isn't maxed, which should always give me two choices to work with.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 3:14 PM by DinoTriz
Getting a PVE group as a melee is WAY easier in Mid.

I have two level 50s in Mid and only had to wait maybe 30 seconds after LFG message (and both don't use shields)

I have several high 40s on Hib and they all soloed. I think I was in a group once when I was like level 5 and that was only because I was killing the same Collection Task mobs nearby, so essentially was only invited because I was competition.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 9:29 AM by Gylp
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 3:14 PM

I have two level 50s in Mid and only had to wait maybe 30 seconds after LFG message (and both don't use shields)

I have several high 40s on Hib and they all soloed. I think I was in a group once when I was like level 5 and that was only because I was killing the same Collection Task mobs nearby, so essentially was only invited because I was competition.

Pretty much sums it up.
Hibs are TERRIBLE at inviting non-bombers/animists/Druids into group.
My ranger is soloed from 1-50
My Champ is soloed from 1-35 (have had maybe 2 groups, but i was "competition" for the xp item)

My Animist had NO problem getting a group, he is Verd spec and at lvl 50 now.
My Eld had NO problem getting a group, he is Verd spec and at lvl 50 now.
My Warden is getting groups, but not as easily as the other 2, he is lvl 47 now.

So basically if your not a :
Drood
Eld - Chanter (Bomb)
Animist
Bard - Thats willing to do all the pulls

You will have a hard time finding a group.
Considering that Hibs needs more tanks in RvR, we have a problem.
Bomb groups are just so much more effective at lvling, that its a joke to even consider doing a pure healer/tank group to lvl.
The speed a good Ani/bomb/Drood group can go from 1-50 is INSANE.
So of course people are taking the "easy" way to 50, why make it any harder than it has to be ?
When i lvled my Animist, i always tried to get a "social" spot for any kind of Tank/stealth/non-bomb, purely because we need them all.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 2:24 PM by stridberg
Gylp wrote: You will have a hard time finding a group.
Considering that Hibs needs more tanks in RvR, we have a problem.

Understandable that the experience of not getting into groups can be quite frustrating, but at least solo leveling is still very effective on this server.

My favourite way of leveling is making the new character a "project" together with friends, and only leveling together. That's also a great way of introducing new players into the game. Can only recommend.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:26 PM by PingGuy
Well I'm back to Hib. Ended up starting an Enchanter to farm with, instead of the Animist, and I like that much better. Going to level up, farm some plats, get my Warden templated, and check out the new instances. Will do some RvR too, but not forcing anything right now.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 9:21 PM by Bradekes
I'm trying the other realms because they both have gotten buff to their hybrid classes.. Hib has had no love in That regard so there's not really any solo options for the visible classes besides maybe champ..
Tue 16 Apr 2019 2:19 AM by jujian108
Infernus2k wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:54 PM
Congratz on your Ani, Ment and Ench. Haven't seen these classes in bomb groups for a while

Now do ranger, ns and valewalker and look how far you can get with those precious phoenix eggs.

I did this and it was no problem. Took very little time to get leveled, about the same as it did for my druid who was pretty much always in a group.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:17 PM by dbeattie71
jujian108 wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 2:19 AM
Infernus2k wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:54 PM

I did this and it was no problem. Took very little time to get leveled, about the same as it did for my druid who was pretty much always in a group.

Ranger to 50 was fast, didn’t group once.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 4:42 PM by Ashenspire
Leveling a VW is stupid easy. Almost no downtime with Regen pots. Get a focus staff for your Lifetaps.
Fri 10 May 2019 4:28 AM by Moid
When I leave Hib and the game it’ll be for the following reasons.

1 - Emain is RvR central and Hib controls Dun Crauchon less than either other individual realm. The change to the RvR task system was a major mistake.
2 - Animists and Enchanters just like Spiritmasters and Cabilists were the dumbest things to ever be put into an MMO which also has ‘tank’ classes. It was a mind bogglingly stupid move. The nerf to Animist PBaE was accidentally a step in the right direction but not nearly what it’ll take, pet absorption simply needs to be changed so that pets don’t absorb damage but instead take damage exactly the way players do, that’d fix the problem quick.
3 - The constant nerfs to Hib classes and buffs to classes in Alb and Mid. People didn’t play the Friar by choice, which had no problems solo or in groups, so they buff it even though the class was already fine just underplayed because it couldn’t insta-kill everything. Buff pots need to be removed from the game or Wardens and Rangers (classes with self buffs) need a boost to compensate for dolling out similar buffs to every other class.
4 - The steady population decline in Hib. When I’m one of the few Hibs left it’ll no longer make sense for me to donate realm points to the other realms repeatedly. I can already see the population dropping below critical mass as the /lfg channel has slowed tremendously and high quality RoGs on the ME are becoming much more rare.
5 - After having enough of seeing how cheap feathers are in Alb and Mid in comparison to their cost in Hib. And I’m already extremely close to being disgusted enough.

I honestly feel the end isn’t far off for the server. I get the distinct feeling the guys running it are Alb lovers. The population in Hib is steadily declining as is the population in other realms. The game simply has fundamental problems that Mythic never took the time to address as they were always too busy redoing towns like Mag Mel or spending money on hiring more graphic artists to make new models for all the classes in the game. The solution to the problems isn’t a ‘classic’ server, those fundamental problems existed from the birth of the game. The solution is to change the foundation of the game and I don’t see the guys who are running this server doing that.

It was fun while it lasted though. I had a nice run back through time so I’m appreciative of that.
Fri 10 May 2019 6:50 AM by labova
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 3:14 PM

This was the reason I left Hibernia. I prefer melee classes, and Hib actually have some pretty good ones. However, having to constantly solo got old very fast. Midgard is simply more accomodating. That made the decision easy to swap realms.

I tend to stick with one realm, so I deleted my hibs. In my view there is little doubt that the verdant animist groups are hurting the realm, and hurting players who want to play melee classes specifically.
Fri 10 May 2019 9:04 AM by REVOLTE
I genuinely tried to switch over to hib after seeing that hib needed some help pop-wise.
but in the few days i played there i was confronted with such an extremely high density of elisitm and dickness - its not even funny.

dont get me wrong - im all for balance....plus i love hib classes ♥ but im not gonna take the burden of the "emainwalk" every wipe for being able to play with people that sniff their own farts, having anis parked at every single viable xp-/farmspot out there and paying a fortune for some random galla item because of the insane inflation said anis cause.

that said, ill prolly do daily vacations to hib....but im most certainly not gonna devote much time playing there. sorry, guys
Fri 10 May 2019 9:42 AM by Dindelion
Well I'll give my answer, devs will probably be interested soon enough on why hib is completely dying now.

My main realm is alb but I rerolled a hib toon and I would love to play it from time to time, but I don't and probably will never play it again until some things change, here's why :
1/ I mainly run around solo, and my time is pretty scattered : porting to Emain is a must, it's 2019 and my gaming time can't be literally more than 70% of the time running to action.
2/ I don't like being locked out for the day with this 12h realm timer. Realm pride argument has been proven quite bad, otherwise Hib wouldn't be dying right now.
Fri 10 May 2019 10:24 AM by Bradekes
REVOLTE wrote:
Fri 10 May 2019 9:04 AM
I genuinely tried to switch over to hib after seeing that hib needed some help pop-wise.
but in the few days i played there i was confronted with such an extremely high density of elisitm and dickness - its not even funny.

dont get me wrong - im all for balance....plus i love hib classes ♥ but im not gonna take the burden of the "emainwalk" every wipe for being able to play with people that sniff their own farts, having anis parked at every single viable xp-/farmspot out there and paying a fortune for some random galla item because of the insane inflation said anis cause.

that said, ill prolly do daily vacations to hib....but im most certainly not gonna devote much time playing there. sorry, guys

Hey you can't blame the ones left for being elitists.. They don't want to walk back to emain either so you better not get their group wiped cause you just wasted a cumulative of 80mins to get back to the action..
Fri 10 May 2019 10:30 AM by REVOLTE
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 10 May 2019 10:24 AM
REVOLTE wrote:
Fri 10 May 2019 9:04 AM

Hey you can't blame the ones left for being elitists.. They don't want to walk back to emain either so you better not get their group wiped cause you just wasted a cumulative of 80mins to get back to the action..

dont get me wrong. its not that i blame them. its still one of the main reasons i left.
its a shame rly. i love playing menta....now im stuck with a derpy rm instead (no discussion now, which class is superior - playing menta is just much more fun for me PERSONALLY )
Fri 10 May 2019 10:33 AM by Bradekes
REVOLTE wrote:
Fri 10 May 2019 10:30 AM

dont get me wrong. its not that i blame them. its still one of the main reasons i left.
its a shame rly. i love playing menta....now im stuck with a derpy rm instead (no discussion now, which class is superior - playing menta is just much more fun for me PERSONALLY )

I love mentalist no shame in that...

Runemaster are fun too but I only liked playing suppression spec and swimming in water as a naval unit on pvp server, talk about fun.. Snares for days and the water slows down everyone even more and nearsight.. Just dye your cloak to the color of water and you're a god
Mon 13 May 2019 5:12 PM by Roks
Wool wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:32 PM
I chose a BM for my first character on the server and ran into this a ton. It’s honestly baffling to me that people can be so elitist and unwelcoming in an almost 20 year old game that relies on other people playing it to be enjoyable. Like... I’m just happy this game got a brand new lease on life with this server, the last thing I want to do is deter people from playing. It’s truly self-defeating and stupid.

That said, I think this ceases to be a problem if you find the right guild. For me, after hopping around a bit, I found the right fit with one and have been really impressed with how welcoming they are without sacrificing competence.

Finding the right guild is good, which I would like to see the active guilds start requirement again because there is a lot of dead guilds out there with 2-3 active players.
Mon 13 May 2019 5:18 PM by Roks
Falken wrote:

This is the tough part about Hib. Its harder for all melee to level up. This is why I been asking for heavy tank live abilities to be put on this server (not all but most of them).

Tanks that find a group is either the tank created the group, or the want a social spot + a block bot. Dont really need a warden. But those full tank groups are pretty fun. The benefit about tank groups is that things can go sideways but most of the time no one dies.

Stealthers in hib though...they can chain pull really well as a solo.
Mon 13 May 2019 10:29 PM by Killaloth
Guys a bit of advice if you want to start a tank on Hib, assuming you are new and cannot buy exp items at the market:

1) Roll an animist, farm 20x exp items (10 for levelling the animist, 10 for the tank). This until lvl 48 roughly, enough to get all the items to go to lvl 50 with your tank.

2) Start your tank, use exp items farmed with the animist

Remember to suicide in rvr vs enemies/keeps every 30mins, then go back to frontier zones to exp for extra bonus.

Darkness Falls is great if it's open as you get several bonuses all in one. Also Coruscating mines is good if DF is closed, easy to reach and has different mob classes.

Don't group, there is no need to group and you'll actually exp slower unless someone has very high exp bonus.

I did 0 to 50 on both animist and BM in 4 days.

Make the animist your primary salvager as soon as you can.

Omnibuff pots will also save you lots of time.
Mon 13 May 2019 11:01 PM by florin
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 13 May 2019 10:29 PM
Guys a bit of advice if you want to start a tank on Hib, assuming you are new and cannot buy exp items at the market:

1) Roll an animist, farm 20x exp items (10 for levelling the animist, 10 for the tank). This until lvl 48 roughly, enough to get all the items to go to lvl 50 with your tank.

2) Start your tank, use exp items farmed with the animist

Remember to suicide in rvr vs enemies/keeps every 30mins, then go back to frontier zones to exp for extra bonus.

Darkness Falls is great if it's open as you get several bonuses all in one. Also Coruscating mines is good if DF is closed, easy to reach and has different mob classes.

Don't group, there is no need to group and you'll actually exp slower unless someone has very high exp bonus.

I did 0 to 50 on both animist and BM in 4 days.

Make the animist your primary salvager as soon as you can.

Omnibuff pots will also save you lots of time.

Sounds pretty fun
Mon 13 May 2019 11:40 PM by Celfinna
Honestly my only level is a 50 NS. I leveled to 50 relatively slowly however I'm probably a casual gamer by DAoC standards. I will say though, I *almost* always just made groups. It wasn't too difficult then, however this was much earlier on in Phoenix's lifespan. I had no problem starting groups there then, and while there definitely were people who tried to say say we can only have this one such set up, I just let them go, there are always more people and they weren't the leader of my group.
I ended up leveling a Druid to lvl 46 so I could be useful in farm groups later on and get enough plat for my NS template.
Moral of the story: with animists around there will always be elitist leveling groups, make your own group then. This is a social game and, in most social settings, there are crappy people and there are nice people. Avoid the elitists and stick with the nice people if you are looking to level an unfriendly PvE toon.
As always, best of luck out there!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics