Minstrel Weapon Choice

Started 26 Jun 2019
by Sierric
in Albion
As I get close to 50, I want to plan out some of my feather needs, should i be looking for a specific weapon, or just use a crafted piece? Any other feather items I should be considering besides Sidi chest and Heart of Legion? I will primarily be doing small man I believe, if that factors into this.

Thanks!
Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:46 AM by sloth
I use bane. It has a 4+ speed and went with thrust for synergy with casting speed. Also has dot proc which I like and it looks awesome like a spear and has awesome animation styles
Fri 28 Jun 2019 8:22 AM by inoeth
dot proc on minstrel LOL
also what is the synergy? you always want to cap anything anyway
you want to play small man... then slash might be the right choice for you since it offers a side snare style
but overall imo thrust is slightly better because you get a side attack speed debuff which might also be great for small man and much more for solo
Fri 28 Jun 2019 9:06 AM by Cadebrennus
I doubt that you will spec as high as 44 thrust but if you do then you have an anytime snare chain at that level. It could be good for kiting, but then again you also have the side snare in slash as mentioned above, at a much lower spec level.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:20 AM by inoeth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 9:06 AM
I doubt that you will spec as high as 44 thrust but if you do then you have an anytime snare chain at that level. It could be good for kiting, but then again you also have the side snare in slash as mentioned above, at a much lower spec level.

that is tue but on the other hand stealth is not really worth on minstrel so why not go 44 weapon?
Fri 28 Jun 2019 5:51 PM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:20 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

that is tue but on the other hand stealth is not really worth on minstrel so why not go 44 weapon?

That depends purely on the player. I personally don't think 50 stealth is worth it on an Archer yet people obsess over having 50 composite stealth yet complain about being found by Assassins.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 6:17 PM by inoeth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 5:51 PM
inoeth wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

That depends purely on the player. I personally don't think 50 stealth is worth it on an Archer yet people obsess over having 50 composite stealth yet complain about being found by Assassins.

imo different pair of shoes... minstrel does not have 250 detect range, archers have..... also why stealth around with low speed when you are a speed class ;D
Fri 28 Jun 2019 9:21 PM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 6:17 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 5:51 PM
inoeth wrote:

imo different pair of shoes... minstrel does not have 250 detect range, archers have..... also why stealth around with low speed when you are a speed class ;D

Very good point. Minstrels do have options to engage/disengage/travel with that no other class has. That being said, composite stealth isn't necessary for an Archer's alpha attack (critshot) whereas it's 100% necessary for Assassins (BS/PA).

Back on topic, I LOVE my Azure Eviscerator, even in the offhand slot. The damage add is excellent, so I would recommend that for a Thrust Minstrel until it procs then swap to another weapon if you're going to be meleeing at all. Another thing is if you're playing pretty defensively then an ablative crafted proc on your weapon is the way to go, regardless of weapon type.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics