Friar spec

Started 23 Apr 2019
by johnpieper1
in Albion
Hey, playing with my friar spec and this is what I came up with, comments welcome!

24 rejuv - get a decent heal proc
35 enh
44 staff - for the 8 sec stun style
rest in parry (24 I believe)

any suggestions please help! heard a lot do less in staves, wish I could get parry a little higher, maybe less or more in enh? idk lmk!
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:42 PM by romulus
Hi!
Seems viable for a fighting friar, though you probably won't get a warm reception in groups with only 24 in rejuv and 35 enh (for resists).
Good hunting!
Tue 23 Apr 2019 8:36 PM by Hejjin
I have never tried a build with enhance that low as I believe it sacrifices too much. With that particular build, you will be Solo in RvR, as your resists will be too low for most groups to want, but your soloing will be hampered by losing out on so many of the higher self buffs. The good things is that respeccing on here is very easy. If this is your main / first char, it might be worth spending some time doing sidi raids to lay in a stock of feathers to buy respec stone, or farm plat and buy them from housing.

Edit : My current build is 44 staff, 46 enhance, 16 rejuv, rest parry, I had 16 rejuv for the combination of the offensive proc and better resurrect. My most recent previous build was : 39 staff, 46 enhance, 24 rejuv and 11 parry.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 8:46 PM by Blitze
I solo with 45ench, 39staff, 23parry, 16juv (this is maybe too high for solo; 7or8 would be fine).

It works.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:44 AM by k3mra
My Friar will hit 50 today and i aim for
44 reju
35 enha
34 staff
Rest parry

I like the idea of being a good healer that can peel the whole enemy frontline.
But i will see if the red resists are missed to often... but im also not very interested in solo rvr
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:11 AM by ggherardi
My current spec is 34 Reju, 34 Staff, 45 Enha. But I mostly do small man/group. I can also decently solo with the proper RAs tho.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:51 AM by mhenfhis
Blitze wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 8:46 PM
I solo with 45ench, 39staff, 23parry, 16juv (this is maybe too high for solo; 7or8 would be fine).

It works.

seems the best spec for solo, you get more in return for 16 reju than 26 parry.

for group, i would try either 43 rej 35 ench 34 staff rest parry or 43 rej 46 ench 18 staff rest parry
Mon 29 Apr 2019 2:24 AM by Frows
39 staff
45 enh
25 rej
12 parry
Wed 15 May 2019 6:58 PM by Atum
Brazen Stout Defender or Azure Faithbound Cudgel?
Thu 16 May 2019 11:07 AM by Blitze
The heal staff is a much better pve staff in my opinion

1. If you are very solo centric and want to run reflex attack then go either Brazen Stout Defender (5.6spd with ablative proc)... or... a RoG 5.5spd LT proccing staff (with decent utility).

2. For smallman: Again reflex attack + brazen stout or a 5.5spd LT work well to punish people who focus you. If people don't focus you, then you'll maybe need another faster staff (for a quick peels & against pbt) then you swap between slow staff DPS or heals.

3. For 8v8 you'll not have reflex attack and definitely need a faster staff for peels/pbt and a good slow staff 5.5spd staff with a DDproc(or LT) on the assist train.

I am a solo heavy friar so if any 8v8ers or smallman friars have different opinions, they are probably more valid.
Tue 21 May 2019 7:57 PM by Kampfar
What about starting stats?
+10 dex/qui/con?
Tue 21 May 2019 8:06 PM by kiectred
Kampfar wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 7:57 PM
+10 dex/qui/con?

Never con. Never ever ever ever no matter what class
Wed 22 May 2019 1:40 PM by Ardri
Kampfar wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 7:57 PM
+10 dex/qui/con?

15dex 10qui. Dex is both staff dmg and cast speed for heals. 10qui so you can cap swing speed.
Thu 23 May 2019 3:33 PM by Hejjin
After today's change to RA, it is not worth investing in. Currently it is only proccing a RA attack on hits, not evades or parries, and it is only proccing at the speed of the weapon. From testing in PvE, I am not even confident that is proccing at the 50% rate listed, but I will need to do a lot more tests to gather decent data.

Edit :
After more testing, it is proccing on parries but seems to be substantially below 50% chance of it occurring. Currently I am testing in PvE by pulling solo orange pitch skeletons.
Thu 23 May 2019 3:40 PM by vxr
Hejjin wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 3:33 PM
After today's change to RA, it is not worth investing in. Currently it is only proccing a RA attack on hits, not evades or parries, and it is only proccing at the speed of the weapon. From testing in PvE, I am not even confident that is proccing at the 50% rate listed, but I will need to do a lot more tests to gather decent data.

What change to RA? I don't see it in the May 23 patch notes.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9103
Thu 23 May 2019 3:52 PM by Hejjin
vxr wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 3:40 PM
Hejjin wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 3:33 PM

What change to RA? I don't see it in the May 23 patch notes.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9103
It is on servernews : Reflex attack chance now takes weapon speed into account like other melee proc chances.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 8:37 PM by Miiro
What RA would you advise for a solo/small friar if RA isnt good anymore?

Thinking purge ip mopain moparry.

What are your thoughts?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics