Class for solo and smallmen: Friar or Reaver?

Started 21 Apr 2019
by Tharlin
in Albion
Can't decide which one is the better choice for solo and smallmen action?
What advice would you give me?
Sun 21 Apr 2019 8:51 AM by mhenfhis
Both are fine.

Maybe friar will be easier with the new changes they got.

Although Reaver Slam + Levi seems fun
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:14 PM by Valis
If it was me I'd pick Friar as more utility being able to snare an enemy then run away and heal yourself + if $$$ is an issue you have base buffs + more utility for groups adding extra heals
Tue 7 May 2019 3:46 PM by Vendrin
Running solo you will fight A LOT of stealthers. I've found reaver great for that purpose. Friars probably fair pretty well vs them too though.
Wed 8 May 2019 12:08 AM by Numatic
Vendrin wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 3:46 PM
Running solo you will fight A LOT of stealthers. I've found reaver great for that purpose. Friars probably fair pretty well vs them too though.

This, they are both no-go for most assasins. Friars will get attacked more because they look like a caster. Plus reflex attack (which imo will likely get nerfed soon). Reavers have slam/levi but if its purged they can have a slightly tougher time if the assasin is a higher RR. Still most assasins steer clear unless they want a tough challenge. I'd say friar wins out slightly due to heals and buffs which bring more to a smallman than a reaver who can be replaced by another class imo.
Wed 8 May 2019 6:38 AM by Seal
solo standpoint reaver all the way

smallmen depends... quite situational which one is best according to the rest of the smallman compo
Wed 8 May 2019 9:55 AM by Sepplord
id go friar over reaver every day (but that's only paper-daoc theory)

friar abolutely s*** on stealthers, it doesn't even compare to reavers (although they are also hard for assassins)

friar can farm very well (not sure how reaver does...though)

friars are nightmares when our mid smallmen faces a similar alb-smallmen while reavers are there and dangerous but not that much of a hassle
Wed 8 May 2019 12:00 PM by dirtyblade
Reavers do fine in PvE.

I can chain Reds with barely losing hp solo and only using combined buff. We all know Reavers can RvR too, solo or group.

In my personal opinion, do both so you have best of both worlds. It dont take long getting to 50.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics