Paladin advice for RvR?

Started 20 Apr 2019
by oldmanukko
in Albion
first, i have not played a pally since Live looong ago. for Phoenix, i went 29 crush, 44 2H, 42 shield, 42 chant, rest parry to start ...

1.) what chants do your run/twist in rvr?
2.) what is a good speed for primary 1H weapon. i went with faster for now. if i block/parry, i want my dude to be able to respond with styles quickly enough
3.) do you use 2H much more than simply after a Slam?
4.) any and all other advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:16 PM by Ashman
1. all
2.fast
3.peel
4.dont
Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:05 PM by unowien
I'll just jump to #4

4: Don't play paladin if you want to RvR. Just roll an arms. They do the same job and are just better equipped for RvR. Paladins have a tough time getting groups because they just don't really bring much to the table.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 12:10 AM by oldmanukko
unowien wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:05 PM
I'll just jump to #4

4: Don't play paladin if you want to RvR. Just roll an arms. They do the same job and are just better equipped for RvR. Paladins have a tough time getting groups because they just don't really bring much to the table.

With Arms and Pally on the same dmg table, I would think that Paladin might have slightly better odds in RvR because they bring something to the table that the Armsman cannot. Chants. Now, I have never played an armsman. Is it the styles that Polearm brings? Hit points?

thanks again.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 12:22 AM by opossum12
Pretty sure they aren't on the same damage table, pally got bumped to the vw table on phx, but the arms is still on the one right above.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 1:42 AM by relvinian
I would play very defensive spec myself. High shield, high parry, slash for amythest, high chants.

Get shardskin and maybe an aoe dd in ur temp. Try and hit that so stealthers can't get their pa chain off.

I would do stuff like slam one and wander off. run around mg near groups. Add on fights. Res people. Try and tag as many as you can, even if you die, you still get credit if another kills or at end of the task. Camp mgs. Camp keeps. Slam someone with 5 guards on them and they will have problems. Tag an enemy caravan and lead it into enemy group, tag all of them, get caravan to maybe fight if they do any aoes. Taunt a mob to attack u and use it to break mez and root. Get ur heal chant going.

Run and gun, stun and run. Small man, pugs, etc. And get in the keep take bgs, they are good rps. Wild healing works on armor heal procs. or did in beta.

You won't ever get in an elite alb 8 man group, most likely. But who cares? Make a reaver friend. Get a minstrel friend. Run around and kill stuff. Try and cap ur parry and shield, i think they max 50%. find a good weapon, maybe a debuff weapon. I don't know what is desirable these days.

get a program or programmable keyboard to do multiple chants with one button-- think that is legal.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:39 AM by Saroi
oldmanukko wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 12:10 AM
unowien wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:05 PM
I'll just jump to #4

With Arms and Pally on the same dmg table, I would think that Paladin might have slightly better odds in RvR because they bring something to the table that the Armsman cannot. Chants. Now, I have never played an armsman. Is it the styles that Polearm brings? Hit points?

thanks again.

Yes Armsman have more Hitpoints which is always nice and also Polearm has an anytimer that snares, which is a very strong tool for RvR. A second style named Defender's Rage from Polearm has one of highest Growth Rate in the game and can be used after you got hit by a styled attack(So against melee it is kinda an anytimer). Polearm is pretty superior compared to the 2h line.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 3:46 PM by juhalanz
relvinian wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 1:42 AM
I would play very defensive spec myself. High shield, high parry, slash for amythest, high chants.

Get shardskin and maybe an aoe dd in ur temp. Try and hit that so stealthers can't get their pa chain off.

I would do stuff like slam one and wander off. run around mg near groups. Add on fights. Res people. Try and tag as many as you can, even if you die, you still get credit if another kills or at end of the task. Camp mgs. Camp keeps. Slam someone with 5 guards on them and they will have problems. Tag an enemy caravan and lead it into enemy group, tag all of them, get caravan to maybe fight if they do any aoes. Taunt a mob to attack u and use it to break mez and root. Get ur heal chant going.

Run and gun, stun and run. Small man, pugs, etc. And get in the keep take bgs, they are good rps. Wild healing works on armor heal procs. or did in beta.

You won't ever get in an elite alb 8 man group, most likely. But who cares? Make a reaver friend. Get a minstrel friend. Run around and kill stuff. Try and cap ur parry and shield, i think they max 50%. find a good weapon, maybe a debuff weapon. I don't know what is desirable these days.

get a program or programmable keyboard to do multiple chants with one button-- think that is legal.

Ty man!

is tireless required? does it work with End Reagen Chant?
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:33 PM by Ashenspire
Parry is a waste in large scale RvR.

Prioritize 48 chants for Heat and Cold resist buffs.

Your base damage type is low. Want that as close to 52 composite as possible.

44/48/39/42/5 is the spec I'd run for rr3.

If you're in a melee group, run on the train and be the slam bot if there's no Reaver. Switch to 2h when target is stunned.

In caster group, slam to peel, if immune switch to 2h for snare styles.

There is little to no reason to bring an Armsman over a Paladin on phoenix. Their slightly higher HP and weaponskill don't come close to the utility of the Chants line. Polearm is overrated, as the styles that shine require them to be hit by melee. The anytime snare is also not a big deal, as 2h has both a rear or a side snare, neither of which will be hard to land on the targets you will be snaring.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:19 AM by k3mra
The difference between pala and Arms are the RAs in the first place.
Arms is much more defensive and pala offensive
Arms= Dashing defence/ soldiers Barricade
Pala= wrath of the champion (finisher burst) / langer of gods (huge melee dps increase)

But thats why pala is better suited in a melee group and Arms is a good addition to every group. Since There arent that much alb melee groups out There pala can have a hard time finding one.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics