Help deciding class, Friar/Paladin

Started 18 Apr 2019
by Hoenn
in Albion
So I've decided to make Albion my home, and I'm just having a hard time choosing my class.

I am looking for a class that I can have a good time in RvR, I don't need to be OP, but I want to be useful. But I also want a class that can solo farm in PvE quite well when I just want to turn off my brain.

I keep hearing Paladins are useless due to endo pots and such. But with thier damage table increase, and 2.5X skill points, are they really as bad as people are saying, or is it just a negative mentality in general?

My second option is Friar, as I like the style of a friar, but again, am I limiting myself to only being accepted as a rejuv friar?
Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:21 AM by relvinian
End game pvp is really find your thing and do it.

If you solo you will die a lot to groups and duos. You will fight a lot of assassins.

I would try for something pug like or pick up group.

Both classes can res. Friar gets lots of neat stuff on this server due to custom changes. Paladin got a boost here.

Friar gets static tempest which is not bad.

Both can have wild healing which in beta worked on the heal procs on armor.

Paladin gets better crowd control with slam and possible snare, depending on spec.

Either one CAN group, can pick up a group, keep take, or solo. Neither is probably going to be invited to an elite 8 man group. But good news, alb doesn't have elite 8 man groups.

So play whichever u want. And if you want to farm, solo farming is ok, but pve raids and groups will get u rich faster.

And if you play paladin here, i think it is legit to macro chants with a program, so long as one button does multiple chants but no loop, and/or mechanical keyboard, one button to macro chants but not with a loop. If wrong, someone correct me. I would not paladin chant without that as i don't need carpal tunnel.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:12 PM by johnpieper1
I heard friars get a heal proc on their rejuv line so some in rejuv isn't that bad
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:58 AM by HtGeist
If you have programmable mouse and use the ahk or whatever to 1 click fire all chants..paladin is nice...if dont friar..18 rejuv 50 staf 38 enhance 8 parry and you will enjoy pve and running around solo in rvr alot more..think friar might actually be a better definately faster farmer then pally.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 10:17 AM by Blitze
Please dont go 50staff. The level 50 style is terrible here and you won’t even put it on your bar. & losing red dex/qui, absorb and AF for it is madness.

For solo try:

39staff, 45ench, 23parry, 16juv

Or

44staff 46ench, 8rejuv
Thu 25 Apr 2019 10:22 AM by SlowMo
Red self cele not worth it?

47 enhance
39 Staff
18 Reju
16 Parry
Thu 25 Apr 2019 11:03 AM by Lollie
Does Wild Healing work on pallys heal chants?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics