Maybe Reavers Should Have Dual Wield

Started 18 Apr 2019
by Bradekes
in Albion
Alright, so I always disliked having to use a shield with Reaver because I thought it was lame, a large shield + Flex weapon looks so abnormal and silly to me... I think they should get dual wield, both other realms have 3 classes that can dual wield, but Albion does not.

Now I have seen many dual wielding whip users in RL, but I do not like the idea in DAOC. Instead, I would like Crush, Thrust, Slash specs to be useful, so not allowing flexible to be dualwield, but the other weapons of course... This gives a reason for Reaver to not have to spec flex to deal some damage, so instead of cheesy Slam/Levi we could see some more interactive fights. This also makes better use of the very small proc delve LT buff.

I know this is silly and kinda out there but Reavers never really lived up the my expectations since they were released so long ago! thanks for reading and this isn't a true suggestion just kinda theory crafting!
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:38 AM by k3mra
So you baisicly want a Merc with Reaver spells.. seems a bit op in my option.. merc+reaver is a very strong combination in rvr. There is no need to get everything on 1 class.

But would also like to see the other Reaver weapon lines get some Reaver like procs
Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:31 AM by stridberg
Bradekes wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:08 AM
a large shield + Flex weapon looks so abnormal and silly to me...

The whole concept of flexible weapons is silly from a medieval warfare point of view. Weapons such as the one-handed flail are considered to never have been a real thing; they are just very inaccurate and do more harm than good.
The more realistic version of a flexible weapon is the two-handed flail for it's reach to at least have yourself out of harm's way when swinging at your adversaries. If you were to ask for a change based on realism it would have to be this.
Because of this I would also like to see reavers in their current form having a very high chance of instantly killing themselves with every Leviathan they perform. Thanks in advance, phoenix devs!
Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:42 AM by Bradekes
k3mra wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:38 AM
So you baisicly want a Merc with Reaver spells.. seems a bit op in my option.. merc+reaver is a very strong combination in rvr. There is no need to get everything on 1 class.

But would also like to see the other Reaver weapon lines get some Reaver like procs

Reaver is still three dmg table lower than merc... And they would have to give up slam/levi a very powerful combo to make use as they don't have enough skill points.. They would be giving up all defense for a smaller amount of anytime offense..

It's just like an option to make the other weapon lines viable as there is no reason to not go flex for levi... And it would be a lot cooler than adding DD styles to the other weapon line
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:24 PM by Miiro
Is there a good place to see what classes are on which damage table for Phoenix?
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:16 PM by Bradekes
Miiro wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:24 PM
Is there a good place to see what classes are on which damage table for Phoenix?

Just google daoc damage table.. Then just remember the only classes that are different on phoenix are Friar and Paladin, which have been adjusted to 21 from 19
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:20 PM by Ashenspire
stridberg wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:31 AM
Bradekes wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:08 AM
a large shield + Flex weapon looks so abnormal and silly to me...

The whole concept of flexible weapons is silly from a medieval warfare point of view. Weapons such as the one-handed flail are considered to never have been a real thing; they are just very inaccurate and do more harm than good.
The more realistic version of a flexible weapon is the two-handed flail for it's reach to at least have yourself out of harm's way when swinging at your adversaries. If you were to ask for a change based on realism it would have to be this.
Because of this I would also like to see reavers in their current form having a very high chance of instantly killing themselves with every Leviathan they perform. Thanks in advance, phoenix devs!

Meanwhile people running around with giant scythes and others walking around with skeleton pets and others summoning magic mushrooms and others shouting real loud at people to do damage is fine. Whips as weapons is where you draw the line.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:34 PM by Bradekes
Ashenspire wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:20 PM
Meanwhile people running around with giant scythes and others walking around with skeleton pets and others summoning magic mushrooms and others shouting real loud at people to do damage is fine. Whips as weapons is where you draw the line.

I'm talking aesthetics... Not exactly functionality or real life application... Reaver just sounds BA but the first time I played one after their release I thought it looked lame..

Nothing cool about a nunchuck with a large shield...

Dual wield would look great and make me feel like a true knight of an underlord.. It also makes use of the offensive proc
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:08 AM by k3mra
The Problem would be that you wouldnt go for 50 dw.
50 flex
34 dw
42 shield
23 soll

Levi+ offhand hit + dmg add+ 9abs debuff+ Chance for both whips to hit multiple times
You would hit way harder then a Merc
Atm you about the roughly about the same dmg... where Merc has his offhand hit Reaver has his levi proc.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 10:28 AM by Bradekes
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:08 AM
50 flex
34 dw
42 shield
23 soll

Levi+ offhand hit + dmg add+ 9abs debuff+ Chance for both whips to hit multiple times
Atm you about the roughly about the same dmg... where Merc has his offhand hit Reaver has his levi proc.

If you read my post I did not want flex to be able to be dual wield.. So if you try to equip an off hand with a flex weapon equipped it would tell you that it's not possible.

This is for balance purposes ofc
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:23 PM by k3mra
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 10:28 AM
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:08 AM
50 flex
34 dw
42 shield
23 soll

If you read my post I did not want flex to be able to be dual wield.. So if you try to equip an off hand with a flex weapon equipped it would tell you that it's not possible.

This is for balance purposes ofc

Then you dont need the dw spec (: .. just create a merc
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:58 PM by Bradekes
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:23 PM

That doesn't resolve making reavers a cooler class, however.. As that is the whole goal of my post.. And making use of slash/thrust/crush specs
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:12 PM by k3mra
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:58 PM
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:23 PM

That doesn't resolve making reavers a cooler class, however.. As that is the whole goal of my post.. And making use of slash/thrust/crush specs

Make the other skilllines viable would be nice but i think reaver like effects would be better... a 70dmg dd added to amythist slash for example
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:28 PM by Bradekes
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:12 PM
Make the other skilllines viable would be nice but i think reaver like effects would be better... a 70dmg dd added to amythist slash for example
Reaver was one of my first 50s ever in daoc.. I liked slash reaver when traitors dagger was available for extra life taps.. But without such a weapon there's no reason to not go flex..

Thus dualwield would provide extra DD procs making the other specs viable without having to overhaul all the weapon lines.. Flex still available with shield
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:44 PM by k3mra
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:28 PM
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:12 PM
Reaver was one of my first 50s ever in daoc.. I liked slash reaver when traitors dagger was available for extra life taps.. But without such a weapon there's no reason to not go flex..

Thus dualwield would provide extra DD procs making the other specs viable without having to overhaul all the weapon lines.. Flex still available with shield

But in prety shure that There is no way we will ever see a dw skillline but maybe someday in the far future some Reaver like effects on the other melee lines since it fits more the class. And even if it takes more effort the devs dont seem like they are afraid of putting some more time into stuff they develope
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:58 PM by faliv
Always thought that reavers shoud have wings and be able to fly. What do you guys think?
Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:20 PM by Bradekes
faliv wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:58 PM
Always thought that reavers shoud have wings and be able to fly. What do you guys think?

I think faliv lives under a bridge and doesn't read full OP
Fri 19 Apr 2019 3:12 PM by reptar
What a funny thing to discuss. This will never happen
Fri 19 Apr 2019 3:57 PM by Ashenspire
"I think we should ignore the melee lines that a class's identity is wrapped up in because reasons"

VW should use Scythes. Reavers should use Flexible. Savages should use h2h. They're given unique weapons for a reason.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 4:38 PM by Bradekes
I know this will not really happen, I fully expect it not to... I just think the route mystic went with reaver was strange I'd love to try this option out.. Reaver got the short stick of cool though.. Scythe and H2H both look awesome
Tue 23 Apr 2019 2:06 AM by Vados
What did you guys smoke?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics