Trying Albion for a change - first character solo pve farmer

Started 12 Apr 2019
by labova
in Albion
I've been playing mainly Midgard since Phoenix released, but also a little bit on Hibernia. I'd like to give Albion a go, but I haven't played the realm since just after SI released.

I'm looking to make a character that can solo pve and potentially fund other characters later on. While I realise that the Necro and the Cabalist are probably the best choices, are there alternatives?

I've been looking a bit at the Friar as a potential first character. Keep in mind that I am mainly looking for solo pve potential, and that I'll be broke. Could a Friar function well in this role?

I'd be grateful for any advice since Albion is the realm I know the least.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 4:21 PM by FFpheonix
Necro is hands down the best Solo PvE class. Use Death Sight for solo farming (Death Servant is for focus pulling.)
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:31 PM by BisbyHoughton
Friars are definitely good for PVE, can solo reds without any real downtime for the most part. That being said, they don't come anywhere near what a cabby or necro can do volume-wise.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:36 PM by Ashenspire
The answer is no. Necro or cabalist. Anything else is just a waste of time when you compare how much you lose in plat per hour with any other class.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 12:55 AM by JohnnyTurbo1988
So a fire spec Wizard isn't a good choice for solo pve?
Sat 13 Apr 2019 6:12 PM by Turtle006
I don't think a wizard will be as fast as either a Cabby or a Necro, but it isn't really a "bad" choice. The difference will be in how fast you can kill mobs over time, a Cabby can kill groups and Necros don't stop killing. Ever. (No seriously, not ever.) If you include a Cleric buddy, a Cabby or Necro will be much much faster than a WIzard, the buffs don't make as big a difference to the WIzard.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 4:50 PM by Blitze
A friar can easily do what you suggest. They solo very well and are cheap to template.

I’ve always made a friar as my main char and use it to fund alts (on DAoC live and shards).

On this server, I levelled to 50 mostly solo or with a melee duo as I find focus pve grping so boring. With the money doing that and 3 Sidi raids I was able to template my toon (I bought a couple of RoGs and picked up some whilst lvling... remember to keep ur 50+ utility RoGs). With that I’ve solo RvRed to RR5+(which I make a lil money doing) and still have 5plat and 20k+ feathers to spare for my alt....(probably a reaver but so far I don’t think reavers cost that much to template and they level up nice and quick too)

This is not as efficient as a Necro/cabbie would be wrt. time-spent, but I like friars.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics