A little noob question with the monk

Started 10 Apr 2019
by Ergher
in Albion
Hi everyone !
I'm new on the server and i really hesitate what to play... i'm an old Midgard player, long time ago on Goa server, and i think enjoying to play again on Midagard... BUT, i never play on Albion at high level, and i want to discover this realm. But we cant have two account :p.
So, on Albion, only the monk interest me (hit and heal, like spigmar priest \o/), but i read some bad thing. Group dont want him, not really "usefull" classe... etc...
If i lfg for rvr or pve... i can be group ? Or i will play alone all my life :p ?

(sorry for my bad english :s)
Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:01 PM by Gloti
Wenn du deutsch sprichst, sende mir einfach eine Nachricht, ist bestimmt einfacher.

If not - I can try to answer your bad english question with a bad english answer.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:14 PM by Ergher
Ich kann mit Google Trad eindeutig deutsch sprechen :p !
Wed 10 Apr 2019 9:51 PM by Blitze
Best advice is try the Friar(monk) make one:

Go Briton
with Starting stats: 15dex 10 con. Or 15dex 10qui)

PvE is fun as a Friar:
Solo:
as you level solo keep putting staff and enhance up (get staff to 8 and enhance to 7 ASAP)

Groups:
If you get groups and they specifically need you to heal then you can respecc to rejuvenation. Otherwise stay staff/ench and be DPS mostly and only heal when things go bad.

RvR
Solo:
Friars do ok and don’t cost very much (other soloers have to keep buying buffpotions from alchemists)
BUT they have no speed or stealth so they cannot pick their fights or run away.

Group:
Friars have been unpopular here for a long time (and the server staff know this). Therefore, they received minor buffs recently and it is still unknown whether they have helped much.

Overall, I love the friar class even though it has faults...

(I played monk on EQ & WoW & d3, daredevil on GW2, and I prefer the friar to them all)
Thu 11 Apr 2019 5:09 PM by Hejjin
Blitze wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 9:51 PM
snip...
(I played monk on EQ & WoW & d3, daredevil on GW2, and I prefer the friar to them all)

Whilst I agree with most of your post, I have to say that I much preferred the EQ1 Monk to the Friar...now if the Friar was given safe-fall and feign death...;-)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics